Starpery.com

is the new skeleton still breaking?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mannequin

is the new skeleton still breaking?

Post by Mannequin »

I didn't want this branch of another tread about knee repair lost:

[Quote Rentell: ...is the new skeleton still breaking?]

Rentell-
I can tell you for a fact that the new skeleton will withstand a fall with 200 pounds on top... (figure it out yourself). I was not hurt nor was she, nary a mark or bruise. Oh yeah, I guess realdolls don't bruise.

After heavy use over the past 8 months the only thing I have to report is worn lipstick :oops: , a floppy wrist from to many hand jobs, and a couple of finger wire pop throughs.

The joints have all be THOROUGHLY tested to their limits, I bought the doll to use and photograph. I have done both - the new dolls are tough.
Mannequin

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

I don't recall anything major as to the recent skeletons i.e. over the last year. ON Lorna, my B10 RD she has developed a loose left shoulder & floppy wrists but the joints in general will loosen over time & in unpredictable ways...that's really luck of the draw IMO. Nothing has become dis-articulated so I am not going in there to fix (read tighten) any joints.

If anything actually comes apart that's another story & I will have to break out the scalpel......so far so good (almost one year). Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

You know, I was thinking this exact same thing last night. My new B4 has been a world of difference from my first. Granted I'm a smarter owner, but the hips, knees and back are all holding up. I didn't get fingerwires so I have nary a tear anywhere! :D

I hope others chime in, but it amazes me Abyss doesn't post on this. Otherwise we just speculate. Maybe someone should give 'em a call and see if they'll give up even general information about any skeleton upgrades.

I like the doll is not loosening up. In the old doll the loose joints went to broken very fast.

My only suggestion would be to bring back a lower back joint that rotates. It was very nice in the RD and greatly adds to the realism.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS