Starpery.com

Fragile Fingers

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
EyesGreyGreen

Fragile Fingers

Post by EyesGreyGreen »

Hi Miepchen,

How did you handle customs procedures when Pamela got back? Did you have to pay import taxes again, or did you find a way to avoid that?

Give a big hug from me to Pamela!

EGG

Miepchen

Fragile Fingers

Post by Miepchen »

EGG, thats a good question. I used the same shipping company who delivered Pamela after she was created.

I told them that she'll return for repairs. The customs made an inspection and added a small sticker on her, in order to prove that the same doll will return after the repairs.

When Pamela was repaired Abyss declared in the custom invoice that she's exactly the same doll and the german customs removed her sticker.

So I prevented paying any taxes. The german taxes a really high, especially the sales taxes (16%).

Greetings, Miepchen

EyesGreyGreen

Fragile Fingers

Post by EyesGreyGreen »

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The german taxes a really high, especially the sales taxes (16%).</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tell me about it! Where I live I had to pay 6% + 18%!
Just out of curiousity, how much did you have to pay (shipping and all related costs) for Pamela's complete trip?

Miepchen

Fragile Fingers

Post by Miepchen »

EGG, just look at Pamela's website. There I've summed up all costs.

Greetings, Miepchen

EyesGreyGreen

Fragile Fingers

Post by EyesGreyGreen »

Miepchen, Pamela's website sums up pretty much everything you paid to get her her to Germany the first time, but nothing for her extra trip to the Abyss?

Miepchen

Post by Miepchen »

Did I mentioned that Pamela's fingers are fully replaced. She ain't have wires anymore. Instead she now got synthetic fingers.

Greetings, Miepchen
Check out Pamela's Homepage: [url=http://de.geocities.com/pamelashomepage/]http://de.geocities.com/pamelashomepage/[/url]

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Could you explain that in more detail? As far as I know, realdolls have always had synthetic fingers, i.e. not made of living flesh. :lol: :lol:

Exactly how are Pamela's constructed? Do you mean she is the same, just without wires, so her fingers flop around?
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Miepchen

Post by Miepchen »

Jackrabbit, before she was repaired, she had wires made of iron. They broke very easily.

Matt replaced them with plastic wires. They seem to be more durable and more elastic. However, Pamela is still able to articulate her fingers.

Greetings, Miepchen
Check out Pamela's Homepage: [url=http://de.geocities.com/pamelashomepage/]http://de.geocities.com/pamelashomepage/[/url]

steveb

Post by steveb »

Miepchen

Interesting about Pamela's fingers, you sent her back about the time I received Samantha and her fingers started breaking. I just could'nt bear the thought of returning her especially as I had a bit of a drama with the UK freight company losing her.
Samantha has 2 fingers left unbroken. I had thought of replacing them myself with a less rigid and fragile material.
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

Miepchen

Post by Miepchen »

Steveb, I tried to repair them myself, but I'm not very skillful. That's why I decided to send her back.

Matt and Joey were very helpful and did their best. Now Pamela is fully restored.

Since her second arrival I take good care and her fingers are still intact.

Greetings, Miepchen

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Hi everyone

Rachel arrived on the 4th July and as of today all the finger wires seem to have come out of the palms, onpulling them out of the fingers they are made out of what seems to be round plastic coated electrical wire, Ithought they had been modified to flat wires.

Perhaps they would of lasted longer if they had been 5mm wire instead of 2mm. Spoke to Joey at Abyss about this and he offered a repair kit with instructions but I declined as Ifeel the same wires would only break again.
Also, I didnt fancy doing the surgery, especially as shes still qiute new.

Many people seem to have this problem so its not new, lets hope the problem is adressed in the near future for the new owners.

Rentell

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Well, the finger wires breaking has been reported, but I don't remember people talking about the wires coming out of the palm.

As I have said before, the fingers appear to be the one remaining ongoing maintenance problem. So far none of Taze's finger wires have broken, but I've only had her two weeks.

I will say that I like the new fingers a lot better from those a year ago. At least they will rotate, which can relieve stress on the silicone and prevent tears. Darcy's fingers always get twisted up in weird ways and at least three of them ripped and had to be repaired.

And I like the soft nails way better.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Miepchen

Post by Miepchen »

Yeah the soft nails are really better. I heared many problems with the former nails.

However rentell, if the wires comes through the silicon, you should repair the cracks quickly, in order to prevent more damage.

Actually I do a weekly check-up for Pamela and repair all little damages. Thats why she always look as good as new.

Greetings, Miepchen

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Fingers have been discussed in three threads now.
Miepchen wrote:Jackrabbit, before she was repaired, she had wires made of iron. They broke very easily.

Matt replaced them with plastic wires. They seem to be more durable and more elastic. However, Pamela is still able to articulate her fingers.
Miep recommends plastic wires, but elsewhere metal wire is recommended.
dennis3761 wrote: Elsbeth II has standard hands, the same as any other doll would have when shipped from the factory without any special requests or hand options purchased. The only difference between her hands today and any other standard doll is that I have added hard nails (my modification).

All 10 of her fingers remain perfect and fully posable after nearly 3 months, so I have no issues or negitive comments about the hand design at this time.

FYI...I spoke to Matt this past Friday and he states that Abyss will soon (in weeks) implement a new finger wire into the hands either by request or slight additional charge. The new finger wire Matt states is "unbreakable". But this gain in strenght come at a cost. Due to the charactistists of the wire some of the posablity is lost. Matt estimates that the new finger wire will be about 70% as posable as the current production wire. IMO, this leaves one with a tough decision. The word "unbreakable" is certainly one you want to hear. That said, 70% as posable is not a decription that "feels real good". A 30 % loss or reduction of anything is signifacant.
So which is best?
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Latest fingers with soft nails are the best.
However, there may be another option.
If you do not intend on hand jobs, nor intend on posing fingers for photos, most durable way is to not have any skelleton inside fingers. They can be just like the toes on the feet are. You will never have problem with fingers that way.
If you need hand movement, then the latest is the best.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

INFORMATIONS