Starpery.com

Need suggestions to stop skin tear from spreading, please

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Need suggestions to stop skin tear from spreading, please

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Hi guys,

My almost-two-year-old Candy Girl has developed a tear in the skin near her insert cavity. I don't know if it happened due to abrasion from "use" or if something cut her (clothing or a fingernail or whatever), but it's been growing since I first noticed it a couple months ago.

It's right where her right leg joins the body so it gets stretched quite a bit. Something I've been trying to minimize lately.

Here's with her legs resting normally, slightly spread apart.

Here's with her right leg pushed in a little, showing how the tear closes up a bit when squeezed together.

My concern is that it continues to spread and causes a split in the cavity. What's the best way to keep this from spreading? Fill in the gap with it spread open, or try to glue it shut. What would be best to do that with. I don't know if the repair kit that came with the doll is still any good.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

Hi DL,

This is a minor tear but it could become worst if you let things go this way. So first thing to do :
Don't play with Saya until she's repaired (i know it's gonna be hard :wink: ).

Use the glue sent with your doll or buy some silicone glue or Realdoll glue (amazing stuff), slightly spread her legs, clean the gap with a little bit of acetone, fill the gap with a few drops of glue (you can use the plastic tool that looks like a fork), then close her legs and glue it shut (remove the unnecessary glue that will come up).
Then don't touch her for at least 48 hours.
She'll be like new :D

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

If you don't mind a little lump there, it might be worth considering re-inforcing the area with gauze or something similar imbeddded on the surface, sealed in silicone glue.

Something that will take the stress off the tear.

I know that 4Woods used this sort of system to re-inforce thier cavities.
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

Frankly i don't think it's really usefull, i had a similar tear on my SA doll, i fixed it the way i described above and it never came back.
This tear is on the skin, not into the cavity.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Thank you, Stef. That sounds like a fairly simple procedure. I don't think I want to mess with mixing the glue that came with the doll, so I'll get the Realldoll glue. Is this the stuff?

If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

Yep, "Realdoll adhesive" !
It's really simple, it's a 3-minute operation, no worry :D

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Cool. Just ordered it. :)

Can nail polish remover be used to clean silicone? I thought I saw somewhere that it's actually acetone. I only ask because I don't drive, have to use a bus to get around, and the nearest hardware store is a ways away. If polish remover is the same I can get it from the nearby pharmacy/variety store.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

I'd use pure acetone.. the nail polish remover has other ingredients

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

If you don't have acetone and can't get some, just use water; Nail polish remover can be very agressive with silicone, i'd never use this on my dolls !

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

If you can get to the hardware store, look up GE silicone type 1 general purpose. Its nearly the same stuff Abyss uses and its the stuff Abyss recomends in their user guide if you dont have any of their silicone.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Ok, I'll stay far away from polish remover. Just have to get off my lazy butt and get down to a hardware store.

doppler

Post by doppler »

You may want to check out this video. It shows a similar repair on a much larger tear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj98CG22H24

INFORMATIONS