Starpery.com

What powder to use

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

What powder to use

Post by havefun »

What will be the best to use on a silicone doll. I've heard that corn starch is the best,can you use baby powder or talcum powder. I'm trying to have everything I need to properly care for my fisrt doll when she gets here.Again thanks for everyone's help. :lol:

Woodsdweller

Re: What powder to use

Post by Woodsdweller »

Congrats on the new addition to the household.

I use cornstarch or baby powder, either works well, though I can get a large canister of cornstarch for a lot less $$ at one of the big box stores. I like the scent of baby powder so I switch every now and again.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

Papa Bear
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Papa Bear »

havefun68with29 wrote:What will be the best to use on a silicone doll.
I've been told baby powder is more abrasive than cornstarch (sorry I haven't personally compared them). Definitely something to consider when applying to colored areas such as nipples and labia. Likely different brands of either powder will vary somewhat too. I have used cornstarch on my Fleshlights (not platinum silicon) with good results... the skin feels amazing! :D
MY PHOTO ALBUMS: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13890

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Buddha

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Cornstarch is the best to use on your doll. Talcum powder is harder, so it may scratch your doll. Also it is said to be less healthy to inhale talcum, and probably it's better to kiss a doll having cornstarch on her skin than having talcum on her skin.
When using baby powder, just check if it is cornstarch or talcum based. I guess in the US most baby powder is cornstarch, but here in Europe it might be talcum (disclaimer: not sure about this).

Papa Bear
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Papa Bear »

Nescio50 wrote: When using baby powder, just check if it is cornstarch or talcum based. I guess in the US most baby powder is cornstarch, but here in Europe it might be talcum (disclaimer: not sure about this).
Thanks for clarifying this Nescio50, I had assumed all baby powder was talcum.

Buddha

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

Thanks for everyone's help. It looks like cornstarch is the best thing.I am glade I joined this site I'm finding out that owning a doll is a lot more then just the sex part of them,and from what I've seen alot more FUN!!!!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Papa Bear wrote:
havefun68with29 wrote:What will be the best to use on a silicone doll.
I've been told baby powder is more abrasive than cornstarch (sorry I haven't personally compared them). Definitely something to consider when applying to colored areas such as nipples and labia. Likely different brands of either powder will vary somewhat too. I have used cornstarch on my Fleshlights (not platinum silicon) with good results... the skin feels amazing! :D
It certainly tastes better. Just don't get it on the face, I've heard it can screw things up. The fact that Sharon's seal coat is starting to peel may have been aggravated (if not caused) by the powdering.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Any truth that if you keep using scented it will at some point make the silicone retain the scent? I am guessing no but I thought I had read it someplace.

Woodsdweller

Post by Woodsdweller »

Silicone is nonporous so it will not absorb scent. Not even my favorite perfume. <heavy sigh>

Scents only last a couple of days.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Cornstarch or baby powder works fine.Use makeup powder on the face and to reduce glare for photographs.

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

I have always used C O R N S T A R C H :wink:

These are 'recent' (flash / no flash) Camera from CELL phone. :painting:
Attachments
01101813.jpeg
01101813.jpeg (115.69 KiB) Viewed 6752 times
01101759.jpeg
01101759.jpeg (156.91 KiB) Viewed 6752 times

katybird

Post by katybird »

Thanks all. I was going to post a new thread to ask this.
Sierra's album! http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13932

"So don't let the bastards grind you down."
from Acrobat by U2.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

I use Baby Powder it smells nice and you can get it at the Dollar stores so it's cheap...

:multi: :multi: :multi:

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Nescio50 wrote:Cornstarch is the best to use on your doll. Talcum powder is harder, so it may scratch your doll. Also it is said to be less healthy to inhale talcum, and probably it's better to kiss a doll having cornstarch on her skin than having talcum on her skin.
When using baby powder, just check if it is cornstarch or talcum based. I guess in the US most baby powder is cornstarch, but here in Europe it might be talcum (disclaimer: not sure about this).

They still sell talc based powder in the US, I use it on the liner in my bike pants because unlike cornstarch (a food product) it won't harbor bacterial or fungal growth. For my doll I use cornstarch, not only for the reason stated above, but also becuse of the simple fact that it tastes a little better than powdered mineral. :P
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Papa Bear
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Papa Bear »

Szalinski wrote:For my doll I use cornstarch, not only for the reason stated above, but also becuse of the simple fact that it tastes a little better than powdered mineral. :P
Corn tastes better than rocks? Good to know!! :mrgreen:

Buddha

INFORMATIONS