Starpery.com

One week in, and a hand has already detached

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Merp1353
Apprentice
Apprentice

One week in, and a hand has already detached

Post by Merp1353 »

Hey y'all -- The title says it all. Just received my first doll ever (WM 158L) about a week ago after months of waiting, only to have her left hand detach from its joint after 2nd use. No matter how many times I try to feel around under the TPE to push it back into place, it just pops back out after a few seconds. It just dangles there, with the rod (or whatever it is that used to be connected) protruding out of the wrist. I am afraid to do anything with my doll out of fear it is going to stab a massive hole with one false move. As you can all imagine, I'm pretty disappointed about this.

From what I've gathered on this forum, it sounds like my only option is to perform some surgery. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing though. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about fixing this? Has anyone had a similar problem before?
Disconnected hand on WM 158L
Disconnected hand on WM 158L
IMG_0078.JPG (2.9 MiB) Viewed 351 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: One week in, and a hand has already detached

Post by seagull »

There is a topic of skeletons
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=131075
Plus heaps of posts by owner repairs, although you will have to do some searching through the forum :)

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Before breaking into surgery, have you actually contacted your vendor or WM Doll? This looks like a case of manufacturing fault and you may get a replacement?
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #64)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

If this was a new car and a wheel fell off, you’d be straight back to the dealership. Contact your vendor.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Yikes! That sounds terrible.
As the others have mentioned, this soon into the doll's life, you should harass who you bought it from for repair or replacement.

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Or even post this on the the WM Doll’s subforum.
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #64)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

Merp1353 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:03 pm Hey y'all -- The title says it all. Just received my first doll ever (WM 158L) about a week ago after months of waiting, only to have her left hand detach from its joint after 2nd use. No matter how many times I try to feel around under the TPE to push it back into place, it just pops back out after a few seconds. It just dangles there, with the rod (or whatever it is that used to be connected) protruding out of the wrist. I am afraid to do anything with my doll out of fear it is going to stab a massive hole with one false move. As you can all imagine, I'm pretty disappointed about this.

From what I've gathered on this forum, it sounds like my only option is to perform some surgery. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing though. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about fixing this? Has anyone had a similar problem before?

IMG_0078.JPG
Hi Merp1353, sorry to hear about your troubles, I agree with others to contact your vendor first. Then if need be, take solace that you have guidance here. If surgery is necessary to access the wrist joint bolt, take care to make the palm incision where they show, because that area will heal better than the tempting area closer to where the wrist joint is, I've done this surgery 3x so don't ask how I know it's very tempting not to follow their guidance :lol: oops.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127705
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Merp1353
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Merp1353 »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I bought from Annie's Dollhouse and will reach out to them immediately before trying to do anything myself. I'll let y'all know how that convo goes!

INFORMATIONS