Starpery.com

Care and maintenance of TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Tameron
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Care and maintenance of TPE

Post by Tameron »

Hi gang. I want to start by saying Happy Holidays. I have a dilemma with my TPE doll. My doll was severely stained from a black dress in a photo shoot. I used a product called "Incredible", in lew of Mineral Spirits, and also applied ProxiCare by Armmor Hammer which seemed to work getting out the majority of the stains. This process created a tacky feel to the doll, similar to a silicone doll. What would I use to get rid of the tackeyness of the TPE? Baby powder or petroleum jelly.

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

Hello everyone, I have question regarding keeping the TPE smooth. Recently I purchased a test piece, cleaned it with soap and water, applied powder then baby oil. The smoothness last for about a day and half, now its back to being rubbery feeling with a slight drag if run my finger across it. I'm thinking I must have done one of the steps wrong.

Want to make sure I get this right for when my doll arrives, thanks.

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

Hi terabyte,
terabyte wrote:cleaned it with soap and water, applied powder then baby oil.
I'm sure you meant "applied baby oil then powder".

With new TPE material there is no need to apply oil.
There you have the effect of humidity on the TPE surface (oil gets not absorbed).
This will lead to the fact that the powder is being saturated and surface gets sticky soon again.
So if there is an excess of oil, it doesn't work well.

Also, if you don't wait at least 1-2 hours to let the oil soak in, it wont work that good, too.
terabyte wrote:The smoothness last for about a day and half, now its back to being rubbery feeling with a slight drag if run my finger across it. I'm thinking I must have done one of the steps wrong.

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

hansdampf21 wrote:Hi terabyte,

There you have the effect of humidity on the TPE surface (oil gets not absorbed).
This will lead to the fact that the powder is being saturated and surface gets sticky soon again.

Also, if you don't wait at least 1-2 hours to let the oil soak in, it wont work that good, too.
terabyte wrote:The smoothness last for about a day and half, now its back to being rubbery feeling with a slight drag if run my finger across it. I'm thinking I must have done one of the steps wrong.

Ok I definitely did it wrong because I powdered then oiled. So If I am reading your post correct, skip the baby oil and just use the powder?

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

terabyte wrote:

Ok I definitely did it wrong because I powdered then oiled. So If I am reading your post correct, skip the baby oil and just use the powder?
When the doll is new, there are fabric residues and the TPE has enough oil in it anyway.
After you have washed the doll several times and after some usage, it may be helpful to use baby oil to keep her supple. It depends on the TPE blend.
Just be cautious if you notice any dry looking spots especially at her private parts, armpits and so on.
Needless to say, she should never run dry during sex (just with a RG hehe).

You can find several good threads about this topic in this forum section, and there's also a sticky regarding TPE and mineral oil.
If you have any further questions you could of course ask them here.

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

hansdampf21 wrote:
terabyte wrote:

When the doll is new, there are fabric residues and the TPE has enough oil in it anyway.
After you have washed the doll several times and after some usage, it may be helpful to use baby oil to keep her supple. It depends on the TPE blend.
Just be cautious if you notice any dry looking spots especially at her private parts, armpits and so on.
Needless to say, she should never run dry during sex (just with a RG hehe).

You can find several good threads about this topic in this forum section, and there's also a sticky regarding TPE and mineral oil.
If you have any further questions you could of course ask them here.
Much appreciated for the info and advice, also I will read through the sticky.

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

terabyte wrote: Much appreciated for the info and advice, also I will read through the sticky.
No problem. If you can't find the sticky, it's under "Not specifically listed TPE/TPR Doll Mods, Repairs & Maintenance".
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=229&t=88739

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

Tameron wrote:Hi gang. I want to start by saying Happy Holidays. I have a dilemma with my TPE doll. My doll was severely stained from a black dress in a photo shoot. I used a product called "Incredible", in lew of Mineral Spirits, and also applied ProxiCare by Armmor Hammer which seemed to work getting out the majority of the stains. This process created a tacky feel to the doll, similar to a silicone doll. What would I use to get rid of the tackeyness of the TPE? Baby powder or petroleum jelly.
Sounds like your doll's 'skin' has been seriously dried out by that treatment.
I would try to give her back some oil by a weekly baby oil application.
Let soak in, then powder (cornstarch). Leave out the high-stress areas from powdering to prevent further dry-out and therefore the risk of tearing.
See the thread linked above for additional information.

Best wishes
Hansdampf21

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Hi all. I've been reading here about the various things people use to clean their TPE dolls and I noticed some say soft soap. I was wondering if this soap would be harmful to the TPE? Is this the "softsoap" people are referring to? Thanks.
soft soap.jpg

gaucho
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by gaucho »

Zippy81 wrote:Hi all. I've been reading here about the various things people use to clean their TPE dolls and I noticed some say soft soap. I was wondering if this soap would be harmful to the TPE? Is this the "softsoap" people are referring to? Thanks.
Better use soft baby soap, without any organic ingredients like aloe vera or cocoa, they will not be absorbed like on human skin. Also advised here on the forum is to dilute the soap 1 to 5 with water.
WM 165 D cup (tanned, standing feet and insert) with heads #15 (named Sveta) & #124 (named Suze)
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=94696

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

gaucho wrote:
Zippy81 wrote:Hi all. I've been reading here about the various things people use to clean their TPE dolls and I noticed some say soft soap. I was wondering if this soap would be harmful to the TPE? Is this the "softsoap" people are referring to? Thanks.
Better use soft baby soap, without any organic ingredients like aloe vera or cocoa, they will not be absorbed like on human skin. Also advised here on the forum is to dilute the soap 1 to 5 with water.
Awesome. Thanks a bunch!

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

I have a question about washing your doll especially that 1st wash when you get her. Do you use antibacterial soap, water, and a washrag? Just soap and your hands? One of those lufa scrub items?

DeltaTengo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DeltaTengo »

Hi everyone,
I just ordered a new doll, and have been doing some reading to prepare myself. The doll will be made of platinum silicone, but I'm having some trouble finding a thread as informative about that material as this one. Does anyone have any tips or links to help?
Regards,
Tengo

FirstOrder

Post by FirstOrder »

Can you post a link to the doll you ordered?

FirstOrder

Post by FirstOrder »

Be very careful and use soft washcloths when washing or you could scratch the skin .

Also make sure you get all water out of her "insides" or mold will grow. I use a small plastic tube to keep her open while I use an aquarium pump blowing air inside her to insure I get all moisture out .
terabyte wrote:I have a question about washing your doll especially that 1st wash when you get her. Do you use antibacterial soap, water, and a washrag? Just soap and your hands? One of those lufa scrub items?

INFORMATIONS