Starpery.com

I need RTV silicone glue in NL / EU

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: I need RTV silicone glue in NL / EU

Post by samara78 »

Tiriaq wrote:
samara78 wrote:Go to the local auto parts/repair shops. They have silicone. Flowable windshield variety. Can you order rtv online by ebay or some other avenue?

Silpoxy is only shipped from their dealers. I tried a few years ago from foreign countries and the shipping button is never lit for outside their territory. Also not when asking or the shipping is insane.

Car shops are bad in these things but I can try. I asked a few companies about it but the datasheet is about an A4 long with all the different options you can choose and it's not even an option for the price. Those are highly professional companies.
Holland is very small and a lot of stuff we just don't have it. Taxes also do not allow us to try, we just have to be dumb and everyone must do the same thing the other one does. Going outside of that zone will cost you Shippingcost+the item cost+21% tax over those 2 + 14USD clearance cost and above 150 euro it will be 2 or 3% extra over the itemcost
Maybe I can ship a tube of the stuff I have to you. Find out if they will pass through customs and let me know. I will ship powder makeup too with it, if I can.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

samara78 wrote:
Tiriaq wrote:
samara78 wrote:Go to the local auto parts/repair shops. They have silicone. Flowable windshield variety. Can you order rtv online by ebay or some other avenue?

Silpoxy is only shipped from their dealers. I tried a few years ago from foreign countries and the shipping button is never lit for outside their territory. Also not when asking or the shipping is insane.

Car shops are bad in these things but I can try. I asked a few companies about it but the datasheet is about an A4 long with all the different options you can choose and it's not even an option for the price. Those are highly professional companies.
Holland is very small and a lot of stuff we just don't have it. Taxes also do not allow us to try, we just have to be dumb and everyone must do the same thing the other one does. Going outside of that zone will cost you Shippingcost+the item cost+21% tax over those 2 + 14USD clearance cost and above 150 euro it will be 2 or 3% extra over the itemcost
Maybe I can ship a tube of the stuff I have to you. Find out if they will pass through customs and let me know. I will ship powder makeup too with it, if I can.
The shipping costs will kill that idea. It's probably between 35 and 50usd to send. A gift would make it easier at the customs but if they open it and trace it to a brand it will cost the shippingprice+itemprice that they guess multiplied by 21% tax and 14 USD clearance costs. Sigh, welcome to The Netherlands

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Hmm.
I cannot help you with silpoxy, but I am in Germany, so if you can tell me what properties you are looking for, i.e.
short or long application time( before it starts to cure and makes further manipulation impossible)
softer or harder( shore hardness, probably not that important if used as glue, but still)
less or more stetchable once cured( usually a few hundred percent size)
more fluid or more like a paste/pudding in its original uncured state( inject, paint or just apply thinly without it running)
and maybe what you intent to use it for mostly( glue, surface modelling, painting) I can go through the Wacker spec sheets and see if i can find something, then see if i can find a shop dealing in it, then tell you the cost.
Most should be cheap enough in small quantities - I might get them and then send them to you if the shop doesn't do so directly at a useful cost.
Kind regards
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

mi6c wrote:Hmm.
I cannot help you with silpoxy, but I am in Germany, so if you can tell me what properties you are looking for, i.e.
short or long application time( before it starts to cure and makes further manipulation impossible)
softer or harder( shore hardness, probably not that important if used as glue, but still)
less or more stetchable once cured( usually a few hundred percent size)
more fluid or more like a paste/pudding in its original uncured state( inject, paint or just apply thinly without it running)
and maybe what you intent to use it for mostly( glue, surface modelling, painting) I can go through the Wacker spec sheets and see if i can find something, then see if i can find a shop dealing in it, then tell you the cost.
Most should be cheap enough in small quantities - I might get them and then send them to you if the shop doesn't do so directly at a useful cost.
Kind regards

np at the moment I choose something I already know but the cure time is actually way too short. I just hope I can make the same color every badge by mixing the color in larger quantity with mineral spirit. The problem is the ratio mixing but will use needles.

I also bought a more modern mineral spirit that you don't smell anymore, it seems to be working so I hope it has the same properties as those foul smelling turpentine or white spirits, mineral spirits
I would like a liquid silicone glue with a long RT drying time and a soft shore. Right now I'm doing all that by mixing in white spirit in the glue. Strangely enough but done by Samara this actually works. The silicone is very soft, yet I don't know about it's properties though to be able to hold and be resistant, strength etc

So I'm covered for now, waiting for it to arrive and got me 3 colors today for making the eyebrows
Then I have to cut the eyelashes from the lids and glue new ones. I will also use terpentine and glue so I can hopefully use less to make it hold. In this case the fast RTV dryingtime is great. Already too long actually but okay, can't have it all.
Not sure how I'm going to do it but I think I should glue a few millimeter and try to hold it in place

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Tiriaq,

It sounds like you've already got what you need, but just thought I would second the Permatex flowable silicone. Looks like Amazon ships globally to Netherlands. Not sure what the shipping costs are, but for a such a small package may not be too bad. It has a long work time and can be tinted with a small dab of acrylic paint or with makeup powder as Samara mentioned. I molded some nipples with it and it worked nicely and it's fairly soft. It also seems to bond very well to cured silicone.
My nipple thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=68569

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81730-Fl ... 14&sr=8-29

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

:) Sounds good so far then.

Hope all goes well.

One more word of warning/advice though - be aware that the bad smell being absent means that the warning about the toxicity is also absent, that is, the non-smelling stuff is just as bad for your health, but you may work way longer with it and not realize it.

I will take a look into a liquid silicone glue with a long RT drying time and a soft shore some time, seems its not immediately needed but would be nice to have.

Here's to Chihiro being the best she can :glou:

Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Good point about the mineral spirits. When you do her brows, do not mix with the mineral spirits. Keep in mind that silicone in it's uncured/liquid form is bad for you, and it being mixed with o.m.s might even be way worse.

Almost forgot, all you need to keep the eyebrow on isvto lay her down. Use a toothpick spread the glue directly to the base of the eyelash with a toothpick. Wipe the toothpick clean than use it to position the eyelash. Just dont fiddle or mess with it. It will dry quick especially with a blowdryer. Don't forget the nail polish remover before you applybthe silicone You should be good with that.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

MannequinFan wrote:Hi Tiriaq,

It sounds like you've already got what you need, but just thought I would second the Permatex flowable silicone. Looks like Amazon ships globally to Netherlands. Not sure what the shipping costs are, but for a such a small package may not be too bad. It has a long work time and can be tinted with a small dab of acrylic paint or with makeup powder as Samara mentioned. I molded some nipples with it and it worked nicely and it's fairly soft. It also seems to bond very well to cured silicone.
My nipple thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=68569

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81730-Fl ... 14&sr=8-29

I find amazon so terrible horribly vague to buy and see scores and feedback. I will try to find my old password maybe some time and do a new search with this info and the shipping costs to my country.

Thanks!

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

mi6c wrote::) Sounds good so far then.
Hope all goes well.
One more word of warning/advice though - be aware that the bad smell being absent means that the warning about the toxicity is also absent, that is, the non-smelling stuff is just as bad for your health, but you may work way longer with it and not realize it.
I will take a look into a liquid silicone glue with a long RT drying time and a soft shore some time, seems its not immediately needed but would be nice to have.
Here's to Chihiro being the best she can :glou:
Kind regards.

Haha, yes...! That was the first thing I was thinking, for people who are not aware. It also made me open a window just to make sure. Only it's winter now and letting in that much cold is a problem for some of the stuff I do. But thanks for the warning! Well seen.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

samara78 wrote:Good point about the mineral spirits. When you do her brows, do not mix with the mineral spirits. Keep in mind that silicone in it's uncured/liquid form is bad for you, and it being mixed with o.m.s might even be way worse.

Almost forgot, all you need to keep the eyebrow on isvto lay her down. Use a toothpick spread the glue directly to the base of the eyelash with a toothpick. Wipe the toothpick clean than use it to position the eyelash. Just dont fiddle or mess with it. It will dry quick especially with a blowdryer. Don't forget the nail polish remover before you applybthe silicone You should be good with that.

I didnt get all you said: isvto?
Are you mixing upeyebrows and eyelashes through another or?
Because I was just 100% sure I needed to mix the eyebrows with mineral spirit to mix the color in the mineral spirit and add a 50/50 color solution with the silicone. Now I'm seriously confused

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Tiriaq wrote:
samara78 wrote:Good point about the mineral spirits. When you do her brows, do not mix with the mineral spirits. Keep in mind that silicone in it's uncured/liquid form is bad for you, and it being mixed with o.m.s might even be way worse.

Eyelashes are applied with ADHESIVE ONLY or it eill be messy and not stay

I didnt get all you said: isvto?
Are you mixing upeyebrows and eyelashes through another or?
Because I was just 100% sure I needed to mix the eyebrows with mineral spirit to mix the color in the mineral spirit and add a 50/50 color solution with the silicone. Now I'm seriously confused

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

GirlsGang wrote:Hi Tiriaq,
there is a shop selling Silpoxy in Germany:
http://www.kaupo.de
Not cheap but they ship to NL (mine was like 25 €)
Permatex flowable silicone can be found in http://www.ebay.co.uk/
I did Leonies leg repair with permatex (exchanging lower leg bone)
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 11#p821911
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 77#p822277

omfg, I can't believe it. I'm 1200 in debt and was hoping to buy a cheaper Silpoxy but they send me a tiny tiny bit of Silpoxy for almost the same amount of a normal tube in Holland. Can't believe these German mf tricked me with that picture of a normal Silpoxy tube. GD nooooooooooooooooooooooo 30 euro gone

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

fucking hell, 30 euro for this little silpoxy tube and it doesn't even bear the original housing
wtf man... damnit I thought it was a link to the normal 3oz tube, trusted too easily ffs
20160204_150953.jpg

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Honestly that should be enough. I barely put a dent in the tube I have. Just make sure you do it right the first time. No second guessing.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

samara78 wrote:Honestly that should be enough. I barely put a dent in the tube I have. Just make sure you do it right the first time. No second guessing.
I'm going to try get some of my money back, this is just insanely priced. Can't believe I fell for that friggin Kaupo shop, I trusted the members a little too much that it would be the same 3oz tube and the picture corresponded with that but somewhere further it said 17gram. Normally I almost over 100 for that amount. Shit man, I should have bought Elastostil right away, now I ordered on top of this, losing 60usd.
The Elastosil should be more fluid so I can work better. The whole thing with the eyelashes is difficult too, they bend the other way than I want to apply them and I have to keep them at the right angle or it will look unnatural.

I will also think about human hair eyebrows, hope I can get them in small shape with a scissor. Then I need different eyelashes for under the eye. I have to cut them but it means if I just put the scissor on them they will all be the same length and with eye lashes you want each hair to alternate :\
She will be lying here without eyes and eyelashes for months :\

Going to shop tomorrow and try find some expensive ones. I won't be able to pay the rent anyway, I'll have to ask for a spread payment

INFORMATIONS