Starpery.com

I need RTV silicone glue in NL / EU

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: I need RTV silicone glue in NL / EU

Post by mi6c »

:cry: Sounds a lot less well by now :cry:

Fwiw, I went through the spec sheets of all the RTV-1 Elastosils, and my take on it is this:
I do not like the byproducts of the A series( organic amins) and the N series( mostly alkohol, incl. methanol) so unless one really needs to avoid the byproduct of the E series( acetic acid) this is the way I go as I get a feedback by smell.
The best( strongest) transparent glue is E43 with E43N a little bit stronger still but stating translucent instead of transparent, so E43.
The softest glue with the highest stretching and the longest worktime is E4, note that this will not flow on its own, but can obviously be squeezed out of its tube.
The one most easy to paint with is E303 as it is already diluted with 50% white spirit solvent; it is intended for( single to multiple) thin film coatings.
There is no explicit mentioning of thinning E4 & E43 with white spirit so that is an experiment, but one likely to succeed( again, imho).
Shrinkage is likely 0 in size, but 3-4% in weight for both E4 & E43 and about 50%+ in size for E303 as the white spirit evaporates.

Here's a short overview of these 3( Edit: Plus E41, E43N & SilPoxy added):

Code: Select all

Type     Fluidity  Worktime  Curetime  Shore  Stretch  Bondstrength  Tearstrength  Visual
name               min       h/mm             %        N/mm²         N/mm
E303     thin      5         4         30     400      5             unspecified   transparent
E4       paste     20-25     12        15     750      2              7.3          transparent
E41      average   10-20     12        40     350      6             11.5          transparent
E43      thick     15-20     12        30     600      6.2           11.5          transparent
E43N     thick     5-10      12        30     500      8             13.5          translucent
SilPoxy  paste     5         24        40     750      5.2           17.8          translucent
[/size]
I hope you and others may find this helpful.

Kind regards.

p.S.: Edited again to differenciate between Bond- and Tearstrength, as one was omitted and the other got the wrong name, also added visual statement.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

mi6c wrote::cry: Sounds a lot less well by now :cry:

Fwiw, I went through the spec sheets of all the RTV-1 Elastosils, and my take on it is this:
I do not like the byproducts of the A series( organic amins) and the N series( mostly alkohol, incl. methanol) so unless one really needs to avoid the byproduct of the E series( acetic acid) this is the way I go as I get a feedback by smell.
The best( strongest) transparent glue is E43 with E43N a little bit stronger still but stating translucent instead of transparent, so E43.
The softest glue with the highest stretching and the longest worktime is E4, note that this will not flow on its own, but can obviously be squeezed out of its tube.
The one most easy to paint with is E303 as it is already diluted with 50% white spirit solvent; it is intended for( single to multiple) thin film coatings.
There is no explicit mentioning of thinning E4 & E43 with white spirit so that is an experiment, but one likely to succeed( again, imho).
Shrinkage is likely 0 in size, but 3-4% in weight for both E4 & E43 and about 50%+ in size for E303 as the white spirit evaporates.

Here's a short overview of these 3:

Code: Select all

Type  Fluidity  Worktime  Curetime  Shore  Stretch  Bondstrength
name            min       h/mm             %        N/mm
E303  thin      5         4         30     400      unspecified
E4    paste     20-25     12        15     750      7.3
E43   thick     15-20     12        30     600      11.5
I hope you and others may find this helpful.

Kind regards.

I bought the E41, it is the only RTV I know and available that is more liquid than the others I can get. Most stores don't have prices and that only means one thing that they are very expensive and most of the time also professional for companies.

I hope after wasting all this money that the Elastosil also glues silicone to silicone or at least on silicone and that it works easier than the usual thick silicone adhesives.
I woke up at 3:30AM and started to prepare, laying down everything I Needed from paper towels, gloves, acetone, scissors etc etc Now that spirit will be gone for a while before I can get the strength to pick it up. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I will buy some expensive eyelashes in a store or go to E-bay or Aliexpress.

Selling all kinds of things from my house on marketplace for 1 and 2 euro to get some money back. But it's going slow, tired of eating malnutrition noodle food

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

The E41 is a good in-between, I will add its values and those of SilPoxy to my previous post if I can still edit it.

And yes, E4, E41, E43 & E43N are all specified as glues that will glue any silicone to each other; just like SilPoxy even Tin-cured to Platinum-cured as the cured is the keyword here.
The E303 is specified as a coating, so no guarantee there, but it should( imho) glue just as well but the mineral spirit needs to escape and its shrinkage may be an issue.
With respect to shrinking and thinning E41 & E43N are in line with the E4 & E43.

All the best.

p.S.: Edited to mention that the E43N is suitable for food related applications.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

mi6c wrote:The E41 is a good in-between, I will add its values and those of SilPoxy to my previous post if I can still edit it.

And yes, E4, E41, E43 & E43N are all specified as glues that will glue any silicone to each other; just like SilPoxy even Tin-cured to Platinum-cured as the cured is the keyword here.
The E303 is specified as a coating, so no guarantee there, but it should( imho) glue just as well but the mineral spirit that needs to escape and its shrinkage may be an issue.
With respect to shrinking and thinning E41 & E43N are in line with the E4 & E43.

All the best.

p.S.: Edited to mention that the E43N is suitable for food related applications.

Nice man! Some good info there, for sure. I tested the E41 today and I'm very happy with it. Unlike Silpoxy it comes with an extra front and a clamp to squeeze the tube and it is cheaper. My favorite new brand. If I only had that a year earlier when Chihiro broke her entire chest it would have been a lot nicer than the thick uncontrollable silicon glue types.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

samara78 wrote:Honestly that should be enough. I barely put a dent in the tube I have. Just make sure you do it right the first time. No second guessing.
Yeah I know but I buy it also for the future. The silicone from Silpoxy is more than a year old in my fridge and I sitll use it! But Kaupo has agreed to refund 10 euro so a little comfort there and an apology about the misleading picture, though it was my fault also for not reading up on all the info after.

I'm going to try wash Chihiro now and give her sight back, comb her hair and wake her up

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

She has been sleeping a while. Now she will see the other hard work you have done around too. Congratulations on getting chihiro out of hybernation.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

samara78 wrote:She has been sleeping a while. Now she will see the other hard work you have done around too. Congratulations on getting chihiro out of hybernation.

Yesss, I always tell all my dolls to go to sleep when I do their hair or surgery :) hihi

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Can this be made a sticky? Would have saved me money! :)
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

INFORMATIONS