Starpery.com

My Youtube tutorial - TPE head Total Overhaul

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: My Youtube tutorial - TPE head Total Overhaul

Post by optical delusion »

ManneguinFans eyes are in the mail as we speak and i was wanting to do all new makeup. thank you :)

TonyR71

Post by TonyR71 »

You'll really like them. Here's a tip. The eyelids are dark, so, if you want to use light colored eye shadow on any part, paint the eyelids with a flesh-colored acrylic art paint. I tried it, and it worked out well. The lighter shades went on easier.
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
---- Aldo Leopold

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Tony thanks for those tips! :)
Yes the base lid color is a smokey grey, and acrylic paint works fine if you want to re-color them.
If you have a Home Depot nearby, they sell 8oz sample jars of any custom color you want.
So if you wanted to match the skin color of your doll, you might be able to find a color chip that's pretty close.

I was able to find an almost dead match to my dark tan Zoya head (240F-6 Sable Brown).
The sample jars are only about 3 or 4 bucks at HD. Make sure you get it in a flat finish, not satin.
IMG_4389.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG (489.88 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
The easiest way to do the eyelashes is to use some that come with adhesive on them already, like the Kiss lashes. Just stick them on and go over the lash band with DuraClear ultra matte varnish.
https://www.michaels.com/americana-dura ... 29783.html

Here's a little YouTube I made for the eyelids/lashes that shows how to use the DuraClear...
https://youtu.be/LRUxjSyGtdw

TonyR71

Post by TonyR71 »

I went to an art store and got Winsor & Newton Flesh Tint. It's a little too pink, but that gets covered by the eye shadow easily. Your idea of matching a paint chip to the skin tone is a very good one. Wish I thought of that!

Thanks
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
---- Aldo Leopold

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

One other thing...
If you are using eye makeup on the eyelids and want to make it permanent, you might want to seal it with some Krylon clear matte spray, otherwise it will eventually rub off on the TPE.
This is the stuff you need: http://www.krylon.com/products/matte-finish/
Walmart usually has it pretty cheap.

Note that the Duraclear does not work over eye shadow so don't use that for sealing the makeup.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

This is awesome! well deserved sticky!
Thanks for putting this out there!
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Bobsicle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bobsicle »

i watched them. much valuable guidance. thank you for helping the community by sharing your knowledge.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Bobsicle wrote:i watched them. much valuable guidance. thank you for helping the community by sharing your knowledge.

You're all welcome.

I have a wm56 head that's going for a total redo. I'll plan to make a video of that one too.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Frank1991
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Frank1991 »

Some great info here! Thanks for the effort. It's definitely not intuitive for men to do makeup...and different for silicone as opposed to real skin. Glad I'm researching it and not assuming!

egregeg

Post by egregeg »

Your videos are awesome! I was searching how to make up my doll and ended up in this amazing forum thanks to you :D

But I have a little problem, I bought Pond's cream but doesn't work :cry: , I live in Spain and I didn't found the exactly same product, instead of "Limpieza Ligera" mine is "Limpieza profunda" (https://www.amazon.es/Estanque-limpiado ... B000NT2EO8) which in spanish means "light cleaning" and "deep cleaning", I've tried first 5 min, then 10 min, then 30 min... ended up with 2 hours and the material did suffer a little, I did it on a little part of one feet just for testing and I m really glad I did not start with the face :lol:

What can I do? there's some alternative? I suppose it must be the type of makeup, I've tried with Micelar Water, which is something that the girl in one make-up store told me to try but no luck either... it's my first tpe doll and I really want to make her beautiful :D

Thanks for all, speacially for that incredible work at the videos! and sorry about my english, I know it's not the best

kojima

Post by kojima »

egregeg wrote:Your videos are awesome! I was searching how to make up my doll and ended up in this amazing forum thanks to you :D

But I have a little problem, I bought Pond's cream but doesn't work :cry: , I live in Spain and I didn't found the exactly same product, instead of "Limpieza Ligera" mine is "Limpieza profunda" (https://www.amazon.es/Estanque-limpiado ... B000NT2EO8) which in spanish means "light cleaning" and "deep cleaning", I've tried first 5 min, then 10 min, then 30 min... ended up with 2 hours and the material did suffer a little, I did it on a little part of one feet just for testing and I m really glad I did not start with the face :lol:

What can I do? there's some alternative? I suppose it must be the type of makeup, I've tried with Micelar Water, which is something that the girl in one make-up store told me to try but no luck either... it's my first tpe doll and I really want to make her beautiful :D

Thanks for all, speacially for that incredible work at the videos! and sorry about my english, I know it's not the best
Check the ingredients on the Pond's cream you bought. It should have Mineral Oil as a first or second ingredient. The mineral oil is part of what helps to remove the make-up on TPE. It's why you have to be careful when oiling the head if you don't want to also remove the make-up. If the Pond's cream isn't working for you, try using the normal Mineral oil you would use to oil the doll. If none of those work, I've also seen suggestions for Virgin Oil to remove make-up.

Thanks for these video tutorials, Mishka. I ran into a bit of a problem with the lipstick.... Apparently you can't just use any ol' lipstick and it work, which is a shame because I bought two lipsticks and I love the shade... problem is, they're Revlon ColorStay™ and when I try to use a brush to apply it to the TPE.... it ends up a smeary, smudgey mess. It clumps together where I don't want it to, and when you try to spread the clumps out, it rubs it all off completely, leaving some areas nicely covered and other areas bare. It made for a very splotchy, uneven look, so after fighting it for an hour, I washed it all off and just applied some gloss for the time being. I followed the link you gave to Amazon for the Kleancolor lipstick, but I'm not a huge fan of the colors. Too bold. Any ideas or suggestions on brands or types of lipstick to avoid or am I doing it wrong?
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

Excellent
I been thinking about lower eyelashes & there is the link you posted Thanks :thumbs_up:
DL2
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

FullHouse

Post by FullHouse »

What about keeping the makeup fixed, especially on the lips to prevent the makeup from smearing / fading?
I read about first putting foundation like L'Oreal true match onto the lips, then dissolve eyeliner colour in baby oil and apply that mixture with an applicator onto the lips. At last gently apply oilfree makeup remover onto the lips to make them resistent from saliva and make them kissable.
Can anyone confirm this method?

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Post by WhataTimeToBeAlive »

Incredible stuff Mishka, thanks!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

TonyR71 wrote:I went to an art store and got Winsor & Newton Flesh Tint. It's a little too pink, but that gets covered by the eye shadow easily. Your idea of matching a paint chip to the skin tone is a very good one. Wish I thought of that!

Thanks
Update for those painting the eyelids...
I recently received some TPE samples from Don at Mon Amour, so I was able to find some Behr paint colors that are very close to the Jinshan TPE colors. They may not be a perfect match, but as Tony mentioned a little eye shadow will help.
I didn't receive a sample for the "cocoa" color so I used my JY "tan" head which appears to be very close.
IMG_4497.JPG
IMG_4497.JPG (467.45 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
Thanks very much to Don at Mon Amour for getting the samples for me! :)

INFORMATIONS