Starpery.com

TPE Doll Cleaning HELP, tips and tricks?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
eqshinozaki444
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

TPE Doll Cleaning HELP, tips and tricks?

Post by eqshinozaki444 »

Looking for some advice on cleaning TPE dolls.

I keep running into this specific issue and can't seem to find any explicit answers. This issue tends to happen most on the arms for some reason but it has occurred on other places. It seems like dirt/ dust will ball up on the slightly sticky skin of the doll then create these weird little sticky, gray, balls on the skin. I was curious if anyone knows any tricks to getting them off?

I have tried putting baby powder on it and gently rubbing it, and sometimes it works, but other times it just creates more of them. I am going to try to attaching some images so you can visually see the issue that I am facing.

Also if anyone just wants to add their tips and tricks, or their cleaning procedure, or a link to a video of a good cleaning video, that would be great for the forum.

Thanks!

InterstellarMagic
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: TPE Doll Cleaning HELP, tips and tricks?

Post by InterstellarMagic »

this problem can be caused by one or more factors
1) How old is this doll?
2) Have you rubbed its surface since you have it?
3) Tight clothes?
4) Contact with rough surfaces?
5) Exposure to sunlight?
6) Frequent washing (once a week)?
7) Aggressive soaps (e.g. Marseille)?
8.) When you move it or use it with your hands, have you rubbed?

Advice, I'm not an expert. But if you don't know what the problem is DO NOTHING, you could make the situation worse. Don't try solutions without thoroughly investigating the problem. I advise you not to continue rubbing, even if only gently. You would continue to ruin it.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there it looks very much like old talc that has caused this, perhaps it was applied too soon after a wash? My advice would be to give her a wash using diluted hand soap and a soft sponge. Give her a good rinse then pat dry and leave for a few hours at least before doing another powdering. This balling of talc can occur particularly if applied too soon after oiling a tpe doll which is why I leave mine over night after they have had their annual baby oil massage. Hope that helps.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

To add to what Arthur is saying...

Bring her in the shower and give it a big rinse (put a baggies over the neck to avoid water infiltration) and wash her with your hands only. Then put her on a table with a towel and let her dry under a fan.

Post a picture again BEFORE powdering her. She should be perfectly smooth.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

I agree with everyone.
I was cleaning my doll the old sponge-bath way, but I guess baby oil and talc and stuff (dirt?) got caught up in it. Couldn't remove the weird crap like you have. Gave her a shower- all gone.

This time I let her air dry. Didn't oil her (she never really needed it anyway) just to make sure all gone. After dry, ages later, got a CLEAN towel and talced her carefully- all good.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Skimeng

Post by Skimeng »

I ran into this also. I used baby oil and a credit card to scrape the substance build up off. Lots of paper towels to dab the residue and oil, lots of patience.

viewtopic.php?t=157350

My post about it with photos.
Mandy/Melissa SM156A TPE
viewtopic.php?p=2180835#p2180835

eqshinozaki444
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by eqshinozaki444 »

Ok after doing a little more research, reading the replies I received here, and ultimately a multi day "spa treatment" for my doll, Mrs. Elizabeth is looking refreshed! Arthur1960, (and everyone who added on) you were exactly right! It seems like my issue kept happening because of powdering her too soon after a shower! This time I showered her off and allowed plenty of time to air dry after pad drying her with a towel first. Then it was about time for her regular oiling, so she received that treatment too. I allowed ample time for drying there as well. Finally, I powdered her once she looked fairly dry. Also another tip I learned and implemented was to powder her with a large foundation makeup brush. It was much more effective! I also got some help on styling her wig, and she turned out amazing! Thanks for the help :D

I also found an YouTube channel about companion doll and used some of the processes I learned there, links below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBqtIFxDdU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgLl7tLheIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-EqU_Lqu8
Last edited by jiayi on Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed broken image link

eqshinozaki444
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by eqshinozaki444 »

Skimeng wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:59 pm I ran into this also. I used baby oil and a credit card to scrape the substance build up off. Lots of paper towels to dab the residue and oil, lots of patience.

viewtopic.php?t=157350

My post about it with photos.
I just read through your thread and yeah we were dealing with the same issues. If I would have found yours post I wouldn't have started my own :oops: *wonder if they can be combined?*
Either way, people had some good advice on both threads, and I appreciate the advice :thumbs_up: :D :thumbs_up:

btee
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by btee »

I have been researching this for literally months and there is some really discordant information out there on the web. Thanks for posting this.
I saw another thread somewhere about "oiling" TPE to keep from cracking. Any more info on that would be helpful

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

I have one older doll in a wooden box as material. It's been there for over 5 years and it hasn't changed at all. I use a baking paper between the wood and the material. One doll has stood still for over a year with clothes on, has not changed in any way. I'm not entirely convinced about using talc or any oil. Of course, I sometimes use talcum powder, but really for a completely dry doll. Yes, of course I check the condition of the dolls every few weeks.

If your doll has small cracks on the skin, the first thing that comes to mind are wax-coated dolls.

f4ijunkie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by f4ijunkie »

This is HORRIFIC stuff, happy to see you were able to repair it. What causes this? Does it happen with age?

I just got my first doll it is TPE material with an EVO skeleton and trying to minimize labor and maximize enjoyment. Seems like the less you 'mess' with the material the longer it'll last. Like washing/cleaning too much will wear out the material but this is just my basic knowledge of material science.

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

eqshinozaki444 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:40 pm Ok after doing a little more research, reading the replies I received here, and ultimately a multi day "spa treatment" for my doll, Mrs. Elizabeth is looking refreshed! Arthur1960, (and everyone who added on) you were exactly right! It seems like my issue kept happening because of powdering her too soon after a shower! This time I showered her off and allowed plenty of time to air dry after pad drying her with a towel first. Then it was about time for her regular oiling, so she received that treatment too. I allowed ample time for drying there as well. Finally, I powdered her once she looked fairly dry. Also another tip I learned and implemented was to powder her with a large foundation makeup brush. It was much more effective! I also got some help on styling her wig, and she turned out amazing! Thanks for the help :D

I also found an YouTube channel about companion doll and used some of the processes I learned there, links below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBqtIFxDdU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgLl7tLheIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-EqU_Lqu8
Unfortunately, these videos are all unavailable. This may be due to recent YouTube policy changes. Many doll-related accounts have been blocked.

Warm regards,
Coeros
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

eqshinozaki444
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by eqshinozaki444 »

Yeah I noticed that person's whole YouTube page was taken down. I tried to find information about what happened and went down a rabbit hole of drama.

But anyway, as far as what causes that to happen, I am still not an expert, but it does seem like it talcum powder gets wet on the skin it will develop that weird material. I have also noticed though that it seems like the TPE skin that comes in a lot of contact with human skin, and then any amount of dirt/ dust will do it too. I have been having good luck with doing an oil bath like once ever month, to every other month, depending on how much she moves, then a quick rinse of the excess oil and dirt that the oil pulls out, and a light dusting of powder afterwards, and her skin has been smooth, soft, and life like ever since this procedure.

PartThree

Post by PartThree »

What about those black smudges that appear to be generated by oil from fingers. I tried a bath but that didn't help. I'm wondering if spot cleaning with baby oil would help get it to the surface?

eqshinozaki444
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by eqshinozaki444 »

The last time I gave Elizabeth a spa day I actually had some decent luck with a new technique. I read somewhere that TPE is like a porous material that can soak in all kinds of things from our human body oils, to dirty, and whatnot. So, when I was giving her her treatment, basically what I start with is oiling the whole doll neck to foot. Then just kinda gently squeeze in different areas, especially ones that are extra dirty. Then what I did was rinse off the excess oil, and soap her up with some castile soap, again especially in dirty areas. Then kinda gently wring the areas of the skin that are dirty, almost like a dirty sponge. Then finally after letting her dry off completely, gave her a nice coat of powder, and she looks pretty nice. I still haven't discovered the best powdering technique yet, but she turned out well.

By no means am I saying this is the best or proper technique, but I did have decent luck cleaning my TPE girl up this way just a few days ago. Hope that helps.

INFORMATIONS