Starpery.com

Safe eyelash removal?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Safe eyelash removal?

Post by JCnine »

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find an answer to this! Found lots of stuff on how to glue eyelashes back on though, lol! But how do I safely remove the eyelashes from my TPE gal? I don't want to tug on them and risk ripping up the delicate TPE, especially in such a critical place as her eyes! Is there a product out there that will help loosen them up that is also safe to use on TPE? Thanks to any in advance!
Pics of my beautiful Yumiko, Eris, and Kammie!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Safe eyelash removal?

Post by Tyr »

I did this very job yesterday. I used baby oil. Ami's eyelashes were glued on with super glue! I gently rolled and sqeezed the eyelid between my fingers to break up the glue and with a lot of patience, (the job took about an hour) just picked the dried glue off. The baby oil will soften the eyelids. I didn't damage her eyelids at all. The eyes were out at the time and her head was off.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

Tyr wrote:I did this very job yesterday. I used baby oil. Ami's eyelashes were glued on with super glue! I gently rolled and sqeezed the eyelid between my fingers to break up the glue and with a lot of patience, (the job took about an hour) just picked the dried glue off. The baby oil will soften the eyelids. I didn't damage her eyelids at all. The eyes were out at the time and her head was off.
Patience I have! So no worries about that!
I'll give that a shot since I already have some for my TPE gal in the first place!
Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

For those wondering...
The baby oil technique works great. Both top eyelashes off safely in about 30 minutes! Just let the baby oil soak up a little and gently work them off from one side to the other.
viewtopic.php?t=177041

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey JC good to hear you got the lashes off with no problems. :thumbs_up:

By far the easiest lashes that I've found to use are the Kiss brand with adhesive already on them.
Just stick them on the lids starting even with the flared end of the lid so that any extra space left is on the inside. Then just paint some of this matte varnish over the band for extra strength...

https://www.michaels.com/americana-dura ... 29783.html

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

That's actually what I pretty much ended up doing! Worked very well I might add!
I found some clear adhesive safe for plastics at my walmart. I also browsed a nice section of eyelashes they had right next to the men's deodorant! That worked out nicely. I just pretended to be looking there, when in actuality I was browsing the eye lashes :roll: . I found a pair I like and when nobody was around very stealthly slipped them into my shopping basket! They had a little bit of adhesive on the ends and middle but I wanted them more secure. So I cut them to the perfect length, then started on one end and worked my way across. I think they turned out great and I'll have a picture up as soon as my camera batteries get recharged.
viewtopic.php?t=177041

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

JCnine wrote:I just pretended to be looking there, when in actuality I was browsing the eye lashes :roll: . I found a pair I like and when nobody was around very stealthly slipped them into my shopping basket!
Hehe, yes and thank heavens for those self check out machines!
No more odd looks from nosy cashiers.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

MannequinFan wrote:
JCnine wrote:I just pretended to be looking there, when in actuality I was browsing the eye lashes :roll: . I found a pair I like and when nobody was around very stealthly slipped them into my shopping basket!
Hehe, yes and thank heavens for those self check out machines!
No more odd looks from nosy cashiers.
yep...wasnt a fan of them until it made buying lipstick and pantyhose a lot easier.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Yes, the BCD family LOVES the pictures JC9 takes of his little darling he adopted from us!
Jeff and Nyoko
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

Okay, here we go!
Not the greatest pictures I've ever taken! I charged the batteries just long enough to snap a few and get them transferred to my PC!

The only issue I have ever had with face #36 is that the eye sockets seem a bit to wide from top to bottom. It kind of gives a "bug eye" appearance. These eyelids really seem to solve that as you can just have her eyes very partially closed and it gives a much more natural look. For those of you considering MF eyes... Just do it!!!

Check out my thread for some more photos in the future!
And I completely agree with the self checkout thing! I hated them right up to the moment I started buying stuff for my Elise!
Attachments
DSC00167.JPG
DSC00167.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 2048 times
DSC00165.JPG
DSC00165.JPG (2.37 MiB) Viewed 2048 times
DSC00170.JPG
DSC00170.JPG (3.82 MiB) Viewed 2048 times
DSC00171.JPG
DSC00171.JPG (4.29 MiB) Viewed 2048 times
viewtopic.php?t=177041

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Wow! Outstanding!
Let us know what lash brand and glue you used.
Also, any additional tips you could offer would be helpful for others.

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

Here are the eyelashes and the glue that I found to work. They were both found at my local walmart. The lashes had a little bit of adhesive on each end making it very easy to apply them to the eyelids. Just cut them to the desired length, then start by positioning one end of them on the back of the eyelid. Then a small amount of loctite and work your way across the lash. The loctite doesn't bond immediately so you'll have a few seconds to get the lash in the right spot. Then just let them sit a few minutes and they are good to go! Whatever glue you go with, make sure that it is clear, safe for plastics, and a gel (much easier to control the gel and it gives a moment before it sets).
Attachments
IMG_20170923_211210005.jpg
IMG_20170923_211210005.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2038 times
viewtopic.php?t=177041

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

And here is one last shot for you with the eyelids in the "sleeping pose"!
Attachments
DSC00172.JPG
DSC00172.JPG (3.24 MiB) Viewed 2013 times
viewtopic.php?t=177041

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

That looks amazing. :)

I'm on the waiting list for the eyelids myself, with the same #36 head. Glad to see how beautiful it looks on her. :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

I used this stuff for Ami's new eyelashes,
P1010066.JPG
P1010066.JPG (851.44 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
It's a soft contact adhesive, sets clear. its holding the lashes really well.

Here's Ami with her new peepers...
P1010068 (2).JPG
P1010068 (2).JPG (817.84 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
We're trying out the blue lenses, I'm a little wierded out, she looks so different.

With eyes closed.
P1010070 (2).JPG
P1010070 (2).JPG (823.13 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
She does say that she's had the best nights sleep since getting them! :-)

Many thanks to MannequinFan for making such a lovely mod.

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

INFORMATIONS