Starpery.com

Corn starch

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
limelight

Corn starch

Post by limelight »

So i have had a beautiful TPE doll and i use Corn starch once in a while on her.. i was wondering is there a particular Corn starch that is best for the TPE doll or is there any i should avoid like certain ingredients that can cause skin peeling or something?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Corn starch

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I just use the kind used for cooking since it's a bit cheaper. Although other kinds may be ok, at least this kind is pure corn starch so there would be no risk at all.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

silicon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by silicon »

Dear lads and ladies,i have a question for you, over here in the UK i can not find corn starch is it the same as corn flour of which we have plenty,i use Jonsons baby powder at present but can somebody tell me is corn starch just corn flour.
Attachments
IMG_3113.JPG
IMG_3113.JPG (3.12 MiB) Viewed 8063 times

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

From wikipedia

"Corn starch, cornstarch, cornflour or maize starch or maize is the starch derived from the corn (maize) grain or wheat. The starch is obtained from the endosperm of the kernel. Corn starch is a popular food ingredient used in thickening sauces or soups, and is used in making corn syrup and other sugars"

baby powder tends to be either talc or corn starch. maybe read the ingredients to see what it is called in your country and then go buy the food equivalent. just make sure it is 100% corn starch and having anti caking agents or other such things.
hope that helps

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Any starch should be fine. Be it corn or potato starch. Or as I use tapioka/cassava starch since I'm intolerant to both corn and potatoes...

limelight

Post by limelight »

This is the brand i am using but... i think ill try a different one due to this ingredient marked on the picture.. Just in case ! 8O

silicon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by silicon »

Thank you very much,so cornstarch is the same as cornflour just another name.

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrashTW »

limelight wrote:This is the brand i am using but... i think ill try a different one due to this ingredient marked on the picture.. Just in case ! 8O
Unless you are allergic to it, it is a fairly common food preservative that has been in everything you eat, and drink if you drink beer or wine, for many many years.
You might also recognize it as its other names, SO2 or Preservative 220.

If you were allergic to it, you would know by suddenly having trouble breathing a few minutes after exposure/ingestion.

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

limelight, this brand is the same as I use, safe and edible
I think safer than baby powder as I used first
The latter because I like to kiss and lick :lol:
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

limelight

Post by limelight »

Virgin_Doll wrote:limelight, this brand is the same as I use, safe and edible
I think safer than baby powder as I used first
The latter because I like to kiss and lick :lol:
Well i aint taking any chances with that "SULFUR DIOXIDE" so as you can see nothing but CS in this one! Also thanks for the info guys! :D

ngl57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ngl57 »

I had an issue finding corn starch in my local supermarket here in Australia. After a bit of research on the internet, I found that it is called cornflour here. We have 2 types, corn cornflour and wheat cornflour. Does it matter which type I get?

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

You can always get this stuff:
https://reallovesexdolls.com/premium-renewal-powder/

Ingredients: Arrowroot starch, tapioca starch, rice concentrate (natural anti-caking agent)

It's $25 but nice stuff, and the sprayer works surprisingly good.

But, regular corn starch works great.

AJ147
Ex-Member

Post by AJ147 »

I also use corn starch. i think it is the ideal powder to use rather than other products. but will give a bad smelling with the sweat.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

For doll owners in the UK there is a perfume/colour free natural talc available that is recommended for use with tpe. It's called Sutherlands and is stocked by Love Doll UK and can also be found on eBay. I've been using if for a year and it seems to work well.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

ngl57 wrote:I had an issue finding corn starch in my local supermarket here in Australia. After a bit of research on the internet, I found that it is called cornflour here. We have 2 types, corn cornflour and wheat cornflour. Does it matter which type I get?
coles sells its own brand of cornflour. change from 2 dollars. its in a yellow packet in the baking section. you can buy cornflour baby powder but its about triple the price. plus i really dont want my doll to have the same smell as a baby :(

INFORMATIONS