Starpery.com

TPE Cleaning questions - what are the REAL answers

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
noid88
Apprentice
Apprentice

TPE Cleaning questions - what are the REAL answers

Post by noid88 »

Good day, 1st post here

My new doll arrived yesterday (WM 158CM chubby with #43 head) and it's my 1st one. I've been doing my homework but I've been seeing a lot of conflicting advice on TPE Vagina/Anus cavity care. Unfortunately the was no care instructions from manufacturer (WM) The info on initial wash to clean off manufacturing residue and doing an oil bath is straight forward but after that things start to go in all different directions

1) My doll has an insert so for the vagina what is the REAL answers?
- Do I remove and clean only the insert?
- I read several posts to remove insert and also clean vagina with soap and water and air dry and apply powder (corn starch or talc)
- I saw post to use alcohol and water to clean
- I read use powder as a lubricant for the insert and in the cavity, then I read use baby oil or Vaseline which one???
- I read if you keep vagina packed with Vaseline there's really no need to clean the cavity (when using insert) because mold isn't an issue
- I read the baby oil IS a good lubricant to use...then I read only use water based lubes? (No Silicone...got it!)
- Use baby oil or Vaseline as lubricant for inserting ...well, the insert in to the vagina...so to you have to clean the Vaseline out every time after your done?
- Leave insert in or take out for storage?

2) Anus...not really planning to use it, so really same question above apply
- So basically do I keep it clean and dry or packed with Vaseline, baby oil or powder?
- Does it need attention every play time in the chance fluid might leak in?

I got info off this board and ODC. Usually start at "honeymoon" threads that link to another thread and then another thread and after a while you run into stuff that is completely contradicting!!! So experts, what is the REAL answers here?

Thanks in advance

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TPE Cleaning questions - what are the REAL answers

Post by amytyl »

1) Yes, remove and clean the insert, but also any wet areas (unless the insert protrudes, you'll know what I mean.) with a cloth or paper towels, then a little rubbing alcohol on her genitalia to sanitize. However, if you do that you must be dilligent about oiling/ applying Vaseline once the alcohol dries/you put her away. As for installing the insert, you can cover it in a cheap bit of pantyhose and it will allay the need to use Vaseline for insertion, being a stretchy barrier it reduces friction between the TPE parts.

2) I've packed the assholes with a piece of paper towel, or injected silicone caulking into her (not recommended, as while it didn't harm her for the year it was in there, she looked like she was "prairie dogging" when I'd lift her legs). I recommend at least checking that stray fluids didn't get in there, and cleaning any that do thoroughly.

Hope this helps.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

noid88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: TPE Cleaning questions - what are the REAL answers

Post by noid88 »

It does! Thx amytyl!

INFORMATIONS