Starpery.com

TPE Welding Problem

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
newdollie

TPE Welding Problem

Post by newdollie »

Hello all,

The nether region of my doll tore and I want to repair it. I had no luck with TPE glue and paste at all, so I resorted to welding it with a soldering iron.
After a few attempts, the welding is always imperfect because no matter how slow I go, I always end up with gaps ("bubbles", but more like the material did not bond internally) between the new TPE when you pull it apart. So instead of getting a solid chunk of welded TPE, I get a squishy porous weld.

Additionally, the new TPE weld does not feel solid at all, but this soft squishy mass. Any suggestions or ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for the feedback.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: TPE Welding Problem

Post by ZannyDanger »

I'm no repair pro by any means, but from my experience if your tpe makes bubbles and is left porous when it cools down it usually means the temperature was set too high or that it wasn't properly cleaned prior to attempting the weld. Try using a lower temperature closer to 160°C and it should retain more of it's structural integrity.

However, if attempting to weld two halves together, such as in a vaginal tear, i would really recommend using tpe glue. Personally i only use the soldering iron to reshape the tpe superficially like a finger poke or creases under the armpits for example.

Also, you're probably aware of this, but please wear adequate protection and do this in a well ventilated area to avoid inhaling the fumes!

:glou:

ZD

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

You didn't hold ends together long enough. 10 minutes.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Bubbles means moisture.
You need to dry and clean it out completely before melting it.
After melting it needs to remain completely still for as long as it can, preferably till it’s completely cool.
If you melted it with moisture in it you will need to cut into the bubble(s) and dry it out, clean with alcohol and dry dry dry.
You can even clean with pure mineral oil to help displace the moisture.
Just don’t melt it with mineral oil in it, it will change the TPE’s properties.
Overheating is also bad as stated before, it will scorch the plastic components of the TPE, and will actually generate undesirable chemicals if I’m not mistaken.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Where did you order the doll from?
How long have you had her?
Does she smell unusual at all? How would you describe the odor if so?
These questions are asked to better serve you.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

You might want to check out below
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=94369
Love,
The BCD Girls

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Damn... yeah i should've thought of linking there :oops:

There's some invaluable info in there... I was basically just repeating what i've learned from your thread lol

Cheers Jeff!

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Always weld up from the ground with enough energy (but not too much temperature) or you will get bubbles or the material will tear again.
If it's a big tear you might need a multi run weld.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

You should ask CrazyCajun or TripleA about heat welding TPE. He's given me the best advice in this area.

Get yourself a temperature controlled versa tool. Use the lowest setting that successfully melts the TPE. Make sure the area is very clean, and free of any oils.

Also, we can maybe assist better if we see a picture of the damage.

vasya17

Post by vasya17 »

I'm reading this forum but I can not find what I need. Tell me, please, how best to repair TPE dolls in a high-stress tie: inguinal areas and can it be, in general, repair? (I have a soldering iron and a soldering iron with adjustable temperature.)

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Someone seriously needs to do a video demonstration of this. My doll has a torn vag that needs to be fixed but I have been really hesitant to try this method as I don't want to risk making things worse. :(
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

vasya17,
Can you post some pics or email them to us at yourdollusa@gmail.com?
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS