Starpery.com

How to fix TPE standing feet

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
tanman9990

How to fix TPE standing feet

Post by tanman9990 »

I have a 6YE 161E doll with damaged standing feet. the bolts are not straight. how do I fix this?

https://i.imgur.com/GOU04Pl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gMfOCY5.jpg

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How to fix TPE standing feet

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, from your photos it looks like either the foot plate has bent in some way or that the bolts have just become undone and embedded themselves into the tpe of the foot? If it's the former then you may be able to bend the foot plate back into shape but it could also have become detached, this would be noticeable when you moved the foot up and down. If it's just that the bolts have come out of the holes in the foot plate then you just need to relocate the bolts into the threaded holes in the plate and screw them down until they just stand proud of the foot. Good luck, hope you can fix it.

tanman9990

Post by tanman9990 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, from your photos it looks like either the foot plate has bent in some way or that the bolts have just become undone and embedded themselves into the tpe of the foot? If it's the former then you may be able to bend the foot plate back into shape but it could also have become detached, this would be noticeable when you moved the foot up and down. If it's just that the bolts have come out of the holes in the foot plate then you just need to relocate the bolts into the threaded holes in the plate and screw them down until they just stand proud of the foot. Good luck, hope you can fix it.
How would I go about bending said plate? with a pair of pliers?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, well that would only work if you did surgery on the foot, you should be able to feel the plate within the foot and tell if it's bent or not. I saw a similar problem to this with someone else's doll that I think got damaged during transit. I would imagine that the foot plate is reasonably thick so probably not easy to bend back whilst it's in the foot. Are you sure that the plate is definitely bent or is it that the bolts have become dislodged in some way? If the doll came to you like this it sounds like you need to discuss it with the vendor.

tanman9990

Post by tanman9990 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi again, well that would only work if you did surgery on the foot, you should be able to feel the plate within the foot and tell if it's bent or not. I saw a similar problem to this with someone else's doll that I think got damaged during transit. I would imagine that the foot plate is reasonably thick so probably not easy to bend back whilst it's in the foot. Are you sure that the plate is definitely bent or is it that the bolts have become dislodged in some way? If the doll came to you like this it sounds like you need to discuss it with the vendor.
the plates are bent. I checked the screws and they are still screwed in. it is bent that much.

tanman9990

Post by tanman9990 »

tanman9990 wrote:
Arthur1960 wrote:Hi again, well that would only work if you did surgery on the foot, you should be able to feel the plate within the foot and tell if it's bent or not. I saw a similar problem to this with someone else's doll that I think got damaged during transit. I would imagine that the foot plate is reasonably thick so probably not easy to bend back whilst it's in the foot. Are you sure that the plate is definitely bent or is it that the bolts have become dislodged in some way? If the doll came to you like this it sounds like you need to discuss it with the vendor.
the plates are bent. I checked the screws and they are still screwed in. it is bent that much.
Actually no, the bolts are bent. Where can I get replacement bolts?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

tanman9990 wrote:Actually no, the bolts are bent. Where can I get replacement bolts?
Assuming you can get them out, just take them to the hardware store/home center to match up. Nothing all that special about them other than being stainless steel. Some members even replace the factory bolts with carriage type or even furniture glides.

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

The bolts are standard size and easily sourced
It may actually be a blessing in disguise
I'd swap them out for coach bolts with bigger heads as Mr Franz says

INFORMATIONS