Starpery.com

Repair of loose skin bump in silicone

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Repair of loose skin bump in silicone

Post by TheIQF++ »

My 6 month old DS 167 has a weird bulge on top of her left thigh. :cry:
167legbulge.JPG
167legbulge.JPG (121.4 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
It is more visible when her leg is in the seated position.
ugly bump appears as leg bends...
ugly bump appears as leg bends...
167looseskin01.gif (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1344 times
I've asked John at DS and he said: "to repair, you need to inject some adhesive under the skin, glue the skin on the foam.
you can use needle or cut a small open by the side of the leg. it may not leave scar."

I've also asked samara and she said the skin has separated from the foam underneath.
I think this problem is pretty rare but it also just happened to a brand new doll owner here:
Big bump in the leg from the silicone... is this normal?

From that thread is this quote:
Karrot wrote: ...Injecting some flowable silicone and squishing it about in the de-laminated area, then leaving her to lie in a neautral position is all thats needed to fix this...
I hope this won't be too difficult to fix...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

lonelybear

Re: Repair of loose skin bump in silicone

Post by lonelybear »

This definitely looks like a somewhat simple needle glue injection fix, though i would like to point out that your poor girls affliction does give me and probably others a better idea as to the foam to silicon ratio of the dolls. In the gif the bubble looks like a folding flap of silicon skin probably half an inch thick (so at least you won't have to insert the needle to deep) some like myself prolly initially thought they were just a skeleton and all silicon till we realize there is foam between the silicon and skeleton, but even then i thought the foam was very minimal while the silicon was quite thick... your picture tell the amount of silicon use over the skeleton and foam muscles is far less than i thought and while i believe your girl can be cured of her illness by your love i still thank you and her for the added information these pictures display
Savor the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long. The taste turns bitter... after a time.
Kor, the Dahar Master
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Once More Unto the Breach, Season 7 Episode 7, 1998

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

^I agree, lonelybear, that the silicone feels about half an inch thick there but I'm sure it varies.
From seam to seam across the top of her thigh is about 9 inches.
tools needed...
tools needed...
delamination01.JPG (300.58 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
That is definitely my biggest problem right now. Samara recommended making a 2 inch incision. I'm having a hard time deciding where to cut. :? I want to leave the least amount of scaring possible. It would be ideal to cut right at the seams but they are about 2 and 1/2 to 3 inches away from the actual de-lamination. I don't know if it would be wise to have to pull silicon off the foam just to get to the problem area... :? The 2 inch incision might pull wider. Also, her thigh is so curvy the injector tube might push out the top. Know what I mean? Or else I will have to really pull on the skin to get the injector tip where I want it. The tips I have are about 5 inches long.
I think I should cut here for the lest scaring...
I think I should cut here for the lest scaring...
planned_incision01.JPG (236.82 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
Still, I think I'd rather cut here than on top of the bulge...

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The quantity of foam is how DS have reduced the weight.

Real ladies can have a roll of flesh which buckles when bent. It's simply realistic.

Don't worry about it too much

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Good luck, IQF! She sure is a beauty. I've not got any advice; I'm here for moral support. You can do it!

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

I appreciate the support!

I'm going by what John at DS told me, advice from samara, and the things I learned from this thread when I repaired some broken feet.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the tools I'll use:
Tools:
fiber free cloth
plastic gloves
xacto knife
dish soap to coat blade
small flat head screwdriver (might have to pry away silicone from the inner foam to get to de-laminated area)
permatex (less than a tube should fill the area)
A flavor injector with metal cannula to inject the permatex
small paint brush to spread glue on the seam
sewing pins to crosshatch seam back together
clear tape and plastic wrap to hold the seam together
acetone to clean seam before resealing it with glue
cotton swabs to clean the excess glue
--------------------------------------------------------------
To fix this problem I intend to follow these steps:
Repair steps:
1. Clean the area. Soak fiber free cloth in a dab of acetone, clean thoroughly and wait to dry.
2. Make the incision. Coat the xacto blade in dish soap and carefully cut into seam along the thigh making a 2 inch incision.
3. Fill the flavor injector with almost the whole tube of permatex.
4. With her leg bent in a seated position, slowly and carefully work the injector tube all the way up to the target area. It should be strong enough to push between the silicone and the foam. Be careful not to push into the silicone as it curves around her thigh.
5. Try to get the injector as far as possible then squirt out the permatex. Squish it around the de-laminated area. Bring her leg back down to the factory rest position.
6. Clean outer seam with acetone cloth and let dry. Use tape to pull off any pieces of lint on the seams.
7. Reseal the seam with permatex, applied to both sides of the cut with a small paint brush. Gently wipe away excess glue with cloth lightly soaked in alcohol. Close seams and hold together with sewing pins, checking often for any drips. Leave it alone for 48 hours.
8. Pray it doesn't look like crap. :angel:

I'm about to start! Wish me luck, please!
:glou:

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

TheIQF++ wrote:I'm about to start! Wish me luck, please!
Gentle hands, and fair winds, Friend!

Best wishes and good luck!

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Best of luck!
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Thanks, guys! :)

Well the first part of the repair is done. Things went well but they did not go perfectly... :|

The permatex tube burst on me again while I was filling the flavor injector... :microwave: (I see this is a common problem in permatex reviews.) I tried to fold it up like you fold up a tube of toothpaste to get every last bit out. It came out at the creases. Just squeeze it flat all the way.
I made a 2 inch incision on her outer thigh. (In the picture you can see some blue dish soap and some tape to keep the metal injector needle from touching her skin.)
fixbulge04.JPG
fixbulge04.JPG (204.15 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
I pushed in the injector needle and it easily made it through between the foam and the silicone. It made it just to the edge of the de-laminated pocket. I could feel the tip right near the surface. *I put the other injector needle by it to give you an idea.
fixbulge03.JPG
fixbulge03.JPG (212.56 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Then I screwed on the flavor injector. It was filled with just over half the permatex tube. As I squoze (squeezed?) it inside I could hear popping like air bubbles. I could not really feel the glue under the skin. I just worked it around hoping that it was going to all corners of the target area.
I moved her leg back down to the factory rest position. I think I'll leave her like this for 24 hours then hang her from the hook for another 24 hours.

The incision looks pretty good. I'm not too worried about shutting it later. I want to see if it worked first.

I just hope when I lift her leg in 48 hours that there will be no bump.
0X
Fingers crossed...

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Good work. This will help those with similar issues. For the injector, I used a 10cc syringe on the blunt cannulated needle. I am aware of the issue with the tube breaking. Also clean the needle with acetone or it's a one time use. I always clean with acetone for reuse later.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Nice work IQF! Great documentation, too. Community contributions are very appreciated!

Do make sure she gets plenty of TLC, also. It will help make for a quicker and fuller recovery! *nods*

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You did a fantastic job! Congratulations!
Huzzah and three cheers for the conquering hero :glou: :glou: :glou:
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Thanks guys, :) right now she has been resting on the table for 24 hours. I just put her on the doll stand to hang. I will test her leg after another 24 hours.

While I wait to test the sitting position...

Some tips on preparation:
*It pays to have a padded table that she can lay on and not be disturbed. I have a fold out table with blankets and memory foam on it.
*You also need another surface to keep all your supplies within reach because your doll will take up a lot of space on her table.
*You'll need plenty of light to see what you are doing. I have an adjustable lamp so I can see inside the incision.
*It would suck to get permatex in your carpet. I had a trash can and extra gloves ready when the permatex bottle burst. The dollar store has like 100 gloves in packs. That's also where I got some micro fiber cloths.

Also, before I was unsure of what injector tip to use but now it is obvious I need to use the one with the open tip (the glue won't come all the way out of one with holes on the side). Thanks for the tip about cleaning them with acetone. :thumbs_up:

So far so good. Her thigh looks smooth and even so at least I did not use too much.
I am anxious to play with her again. Waiting the full 48 hours like samara said just to be safe.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Hope all turns out well for you. Good luck, man.....

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor