Starpery.com

Madisons first bath has become a nightmare

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Madisons first bath has become a nightmare

Post by samara78 »

No problem. Love to help fellow dollers in need!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

I do wash in the tub, but have the doll sitting on a shower seat. I use a bowl of mild hand soap and warm water, then rinse with warm water. Its just easier to contain the splashing in the tub, no soaking.
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

kojima

Post by kojima »

bearhunter wrote:I do wash in the tub, but have the doll sitting on a shower seat. I use a bowl of mild hand soap and warm water, then rinse with warm water. Its just easier to contain the splashing in the tub, no soaking.
Her first couple cleanings I've performed in her room using the spray bottle method. I'm likely going to keep using this method, but invest in a few large towels as she soaks through all of mine before I'm done and then I don't have any to use for my own shower =P
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

demi101
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by demi101 »

samara78 wrote:No problem. Love to help fellow dollers in need!
Sorry I have to ask more questions but I am ecstatic that my baby is cleaned up!

So now she is rather sticky. How long do I need to wait to do Vaseline treatments and then how long before I apply powder?

I'm really sorry to have to ask this stuff there are a lot of different times mentioned like 1 hour to 12 hours so I am confused on the proper procedures for this.

Luckily, after this initial education on my dolls care I'll be good to go.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

kojima wrote:
bearhunter wrote:I do wash in the tub, but have the doll sitting on a shower seat. I use a bowl of mild hand soap and warm water, then rinse with warm water. Its just easier to contain the splashing in the tub, no soaking.
Her first couple cleanings I've performed in her room using the spray bottle method. I'm likely going to keep using this method, but invest in a few large towels as she soaks through all of mine before I'm done and then I don't have any to use for my own shower =P
Costco has some real big absorbent towels, good prices.
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

As she's a new doll it's not so necessary to do the baby oil treatment at this stage, this becomes more important for tpe gals in a few months time, so after doing a wash you can pat her dry and when she's good and dry you can give her some powder. This is best applied using a large makeup brush, you can just sprinkle some on then use the brush to spread it all over and when your done she should feel nice and smooth, this also makes dressing much easier. In a month or two you could start doing the baby oil massage which is great fun and is done after the wash and dry, you need to then leave a couple of hours for the baby oil to soak in, I always give it at least 3 hours. The vaseline is good for smearing in all orifices but don't overdo it as too much of any mineral product can soften the tpe too much. I'm giving my newest dolls a baby oil treatment every 2 months now and the older ones every 6 weeks which seems to be working out ok. Back to the baby oil, don't put any powder on till the oil has soaked in otherwise it will leave a sticky residue which is a pain to get off. Enjoy your new gal and don't worry as we all make mistakes with our first but you should be ok as there's a wealth of help and support on here.

demi101
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by demi101 »

Arthur1960 wrote:As she's a new doll it's not so necessary to do the baby oil treatment at this stage, this becomes more important for tpe gals in a few months time, so after doing a wash you can pat her dry and when she's good and dry you can give her some powder. This is best applied using a large makeup brush, you can just sprinkle some on then use the brush to spread it all over and when your done she should feel nice and smooth, this also makes dressing much easier. In a month or two you could start doing the baby oil massage which is great fun and is done after the wash and dry, you need to then leave a couple of hours for the baby oil to soak in, I always give it at least 3 hours. The vaseline is good for smearing in all orifices but don't overdo it as too much of any mineral product can soften the tpe too much. I'm giving my newest dolls a baby oil treatment every 2 months now and the older ones every 6 weeks which seems to be working out ok. Back to the baby oil, don't put any powder on till the oil has soaked in otherwise it will leave a sticky residue which is a pain to get off. Enjoy your new gal and don't worry as we all make mistakes with our first but you should be ok as there's a wealth of help and support on here.
The problem I had was I washed her in the tub. I think that alone may have cause a lot of whatever was applied at the factory to melt or something. Soap and water was not even removing the stuff. It was just a slimy mess on her entire body and it was turning grey after I took her out and let her air dry.

At recommendation to just use baby oil and a wipe I was able to get that horrid stuff off her but now she is REALLY sticky like almost glue kind of sticky so I want to find out what is next. Do I do powder now do I do Vaseline now or wait.

I already expect to have to sleep on the couch since she has hogged the bed completely. :lol:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

demi101 wrote:
Sorry I have to ask more questions but I am ecstatic that my baby is cleaned up!

So now she is rather sticky. How long do I need to wait to do Vaseline treatments and then how long before I apply powder?

I'm really sorry to have to ask this stuff there are a lot of different times mentioned like 1 hour to 12 hours so I am confused on the proper procedures for this.

No vasiline too soon. Wait til she isnt shiny. Then powder her.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

demi101
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by demi101 »

samara78 wrote:
demi101 wrote:

No vasiline too soon. Wait til she isnt shiny. Then powder her.
Thank you very much. I am good to go now.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Awesome! Enjoy your new lady doll!

INFORMATIONS