Starpery.com

Removing stains from TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Vega1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Removing stains from TPE

Post by Vega1 »

Okay I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times so forgive me.

So, not using my head by thinking of staining, I put a new black negligee on my doll for maybe an hour and now she has moderate purple stains all over her torso and arms :( :( :( She looks like someone gave her a bit of a beating.

Stupid mistake, I know.

I washed her off as soon as I could in the shower thinking it may remove them before they really set in, but no luck.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Removing stains from TPE

Post by Broven »

Well, the main thing to remember is that the stains aren't permanent. They will eventually come out all on their own. Having said that, I think some people have had varying degrees of luck using mineral oil to gentle massage out the stains. I haven't tried that myself, so I can't swear by it though.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have had this issue though, so I'm sure someone can help you out.

Good luck!

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Vega1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Vega1 »

Broven wrote:Well, the main thing to remember is that the stains aren't permanent. They will eventually come out all on their own. Having said that, I think some people have had varying degrees of luck using mineral oil to gentle massage out the stains. I haven't tried that myself, so I can't swear by it though.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have had this issue though, so I'm sure someone can help you out.

Good luck!
Thanks, as far as the stains coming out on their own, how long are we talking? Weeks, months?

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Mineral oil works well for minor stains. Petroleum Jelly works for deeper stains. For black clothing stains, benzoyl peroxide acne cream. Make sure it's benzoyl peroxide. Let the cream sit for 8 to 12 hours. It may not clear it immediately, but it should clear within a few days. Lastly, TPE itself over time will dissipate stains.

I've removed a few stains from TPE at this point, including Roof Tar. Let me know if I can help you.

And this is my 420th post! :mrgreen:

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

grimreefer24601 wrote:
And this is my 420th post! :mrgreen:
:haha4: :glou:

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

There's 2 products to remove stains
One that bleaches the pigment in the stain and one that draws the stain out of the material
Indigo20 makes the latter and explains it all here
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=75609
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... r#p1016947

People have had mixed results with other methods too like toothpaste, bicarb and paint thinner too but I'd go with Indigo20's solution.

Or leave it and it'll fade into the doll in a couple of months

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

This happens to the best of us. Here's a video I made that might help with avoiding stains:

Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

iggy73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by iggy73 »

MonAmour wrote:This happens to the best of us. Here's a video I made that might help with avoiding stains:

Thank you so much for sharing this video, MonAmour. Question though... are there any concerns about using any of these techniques on darker skin dolls? For example, dark tan, black etc? I'd hate to try to remove a very small "blemish" (I left her in black stockings too long) and trade that instead for a slightly bleached patch. I mean, I'm not trying to make her look like Michael Jacksoni, yet.

(Question - is it still too soon?) :mrgreen:

Vega1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Vega1 »

Just thought I'd follow up on the stains.

After trying petroleum jelly and benzoyl peroxide for a few days, the stains are now almost completely gone. The darkest stains are still visible but have faded significantly.

E_J16

Post by E_J16 »

First post on this site. So ive had my doll a few months now. Last night i put a new sheer black dress on her, next morning shes covered in blue stains. Looks like id beaten her up. Will the petroleum jelly and benzoyl peroxide work on this as well. Sorry if its an obvious answer, im kind of new to all this.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Would suggest the peroxide first for a few days and see how it looks after a week, Vega1 seems to have got it right :)
Most TPE dolls don't need any mineral based products on them for the first few (or more) months

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

Benzoyl Peroxide Cream acne cream try that spread it on let it dry and wipe it off a few hours later with mild soap try it a few times it will come out ive had this issue a few times
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

INFORMATIONS