Starpery.com

Frequent usage of baby oil for TPE inserts/vaseline as lube

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
dollcopter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Frequent usage of baby oil for TPE inserts/vaseline as lube

Post by dollcopter »

I'm on the third day with my first doll (she arrived on Valentine's Day!) -- a WM 168 E-cup with an insert. She is absolutely stunning and more than I dared hope for in every way. Thanks to the newlywed guide by Indigo20 and Jeff, she is cleaned thoroughly and feels amazing.

The same guide (and/or some related posts) mention using baby oil when installing the insert, and using vaseline instead of water-based lube for further interaction, which would double as maintenance.

However, from what I understand, applying too much of either of those is generally not a good thing, and so I wonder if this really is safe to do each time? Especially during a honeymoon phase, where intimacy is frequent.

I've done things this way a couple of times so far, and it has worked really well, but I want to make sure I don't literally love her to bits if I keep that up on a near-daily basis. Should at least the labia and the immediate opening be cleaned of excess vaseline afterwards, or is that much oil and vaseline unhealthy regardless? I clean and dry the insert itself each time, of course.

Any thoughts or observations are appreciated!

For reference:
- Newlywed guide: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=88389)
- Posts regarding inserts: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=87073

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Frequent usage of baby oil & vaseline for TPE inserts/lu

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, this can be a bit of a dilemma as to which is the best way to go. Certainly there seems to be increasing evidence that over saturation of tpe with mineral oil (Vaseline & baby oil) will weaken the structure of the tpe but by using these products you no doubt find that it's easier to use the insert. All my gals are built in but the same issue is there as to their having the right amount of exposure to mineral oil so to that end I began to use femidoms as I could see that my first gal would start to suffer from wear and tear as she was getting frequent attention (and still does 18 months on as she is so damn foxy!). Once I began to use a femidom things seemed to stabilise, I now smear a little Vaseline inside her lady parts a couple of time a month maybe but only a little, this helps to keep the femidom in place and means my gal can get frequent attention without having to be constantly cleaned afterwards. Obviously using a femidom with an insert kind of defeats the whole point of having an insert but maybe it would be possible to put a femidom around the insert and then put the insert in? This could reduce the amount of Vaseline inside your gal leaving the insert to take all the wear and tear which can then be easily replaced. I would say though that if you were putting mineral oil inside your doll several times a week then her lady parts will begin to soften and the tpe will start to crumble so if you want her to last you may have to come up with a strategy, I'm sure other members with insert dolls will chime in with their experience.

GamerDoll

Re: Frequent usage of baby oil for TPE inserts/vaseline as l

Post by GamerDoll »

I have a doll with insert aswell.

Note:What i do is probably not the best way and as of now i still don't have any problems. (I have my doll for 5months right now)

When i have intercourse i use my personal lube (a tiny little bit saliva does wonders aswell) i don't have daily intercourse though only twice a week or max 4 times but still, i never "cum" inside the doll. I know a insert is easier to clean but if i have to get it out and back in each time i have intercourse and "cummed" inside of it then it will only like Arthur said wear out over time.

I personally to dry the insert is use a tampon, leave it in for like a hour and its dry as it was before.

Edit: The insert has only been out once because of a accident i had once due to giving it a try with a condom but the condom broke so i cummed inside the insert. That was the only time i have taken it out in the 5 months.

Then why didn't i go for a fixed if im never gonna cum in her anyways?

Just cause when the insert gets destroyed i can just insert a new one.
I love gaming and just got into love dolls

Iris: 6YE 150cm D-Cup body with #22 Head:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p1151152

My 6YE doll review:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 83&t=89452

dollcopter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dollcopter »

Arthur1960 wrote:
Thanks, that's interesting. Do you mean putting the femidom inside the insert and only replacing the femidom afterwards, while leaving the insert inside?

Or did you mean putting the femidom around the whole insert? The insert is already closed at the inner end, so in that case I don't understand what it would accomplish, as I assume I would still need something (like baby oil) to help with inserting/removing the insert. Admittedly, I don't have any experience with femidoms, so I might not be visualizing it correctly.
GamerDoll wrote:
Being able to leave the insert in and having to do less cleaning (as you hint at, it's not that big of a deal if only the insert needs replacing) sounds tempting, but as of right now, I feel that pulling out would take too much away from the experience for me. But I will keep it in mind for the future, in case that changes over time -- It's a clever solution. Thanks!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Frequent usage of baby oil for TPE inserts/vaseline as l

Post by Arthur1960 »

Yeah, I was wondering if you could use the femidom over the insert, think of it as a larger condom, the idea being that you wouldn't need to use so much Vaseline inside her lady parts. If you were only having fun times with your gal a few times a week then I wouldn't suggest it but you may find, like I have with my first gal, that the honeymoon lust just doesn't wear off so if your hooking up a few times a day then you want to limit the amount of mineral oil going inside her, the newer tpe particularly doesn't need to be replenished with mineral oil so frequently ( my newer WM gals only have a baby oil rub every 2 months) so for me using a femidom has been a godsend, especially as they are completely reusable and will keep going for several months or more. If you have a good read of the latest threads that cover tpe maintenance then you should get a good idea of the best way to go.

dollcopter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dollcopter »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, this can be a bit of a dilemma as to which is the best way to go. Certainly there seems to be increasing evidence that over saturation of tpe with mineral oil (Vaseline & baby oil) will weaken the structure of the tpe but by using these products you no doubt find that it's easier to use the insert. All my gals are built in but the same issue is there as to their having the right amount of exposure to mineral oil so to that end I began to use femidoms as I could see that my first gal would start to suffer from wear and tear as she was getting frequent attention (and still does 18 months on as she is so damn foxy!). Once I began to use a femidom things seemed to stabilise, I now smear a little Vaseline inside her lady parts a couple of time a month maybe but only a little, this helps to keep the femidom in place and means my gal can get frequent attention without having to be constantly cleaned afterwards. Obviously using a femidom with an insert kind of defeats the whole point of having an insert but maybe it would be possible to put a femidom around the insert and then put the insert in? This could reduce the amount of Vaseline inside your gal leaving the insert to take all the wear and tear which can then be easily replaced. I would say though that if you were putting mineral oil inside your doll several times a week then her lady parts will begin to soften and the tpe will start to crumble so if you want her to last you may have to come up with a strategy, I'm sure other members with insert dolls will chime in with their experience.
I wanted to give a big thank you for suggesting the femidom -- It is a fantastic solution! This has quickly become my go-to method as well. I just place the femidom inside the insert, as if it was fixed, so that the insert can stay put (Although I guess I'll take it out now and then to make sure it's alright). It does defeat the main purpose of an insert, but I don't mind at all. This has reduced the amount of work necessary afterwards to where we feel like we can be as spontaneous as we'd like :D

It also solves my own purpose with this thread, as there's no need to use anything other than water-based lube, and that stays inside the femidom. I have a strong feeling that the statement of vaseline being safe to use as lube is wrong, and that it should be removed from any newbie guides, although that's only based on my own experience doing it, and my non-scientific conclusions. I can see some minor damage along the outer walls, which very much looks like the material has weakened a bit. Hopefully the femidom method will keep it from getting worse.

Do you have any preferences/thoughts regarding femidom brands or materials? The one I have used so far is made of polyurethane (which I read should be a safe material for TPE) by Pasante, which I cleaned and dried before using the first time, and of course before reusing.

Thank you again, this has made an already wonderful situation even better.

INFORMATIONS