Starpery.com

New Doll bath time?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
SquezzeMe

New Doll bath time?

Post by SquezzeMe »

Hello there, newbie here. I have finally bought my first full size doll WM 163cm H cup with 201 face. She (Asra), should be coming home end of March. I have spent many hours doing the research on care and maintenance of Asra, but I still have a few questions and a couple of ideas. First, is there a video or guide on her first bath time when she arrives? I am to understand she will need a full cleaning coming home from the factory. Any helpful information is appreciated. I know not to get her neck wet, bag it and rubber band. What works better, a cotton washcloth or sponge? I don't want to damage the skin with a rough cloth. I have an idea about her weight 100 lbs, as I bought the big butt model. I remember those shoes that has a launch roller on the bottom, kinda roller skate shoes. Has anyone tried those, If so how did it work out? I found a pink pair on Amazon for 40.00. I would think that would help moving her around the house. I have hardwood flooring. So, i was thinking of storage. I got her with the standing feet, if I left her standing in the closet and not hanging her, would that wear her legs or support out? I have foam to put behind her during her closet visit so she can lean against the wall. Any info there would help as well. I have a few more questions about clothing sizes, but I will ask them under a clothing thread. Looking forward to her arrival, I will post pictures through out. Thank you members of this forum, this has been the greatest resource I've found. :thumbs_up:
"I see,said the blind man."

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: New Doll bath time?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi here and welcome to the forum. A good start would be to check out the 'honeymoon thread' if you do a search you will find it. As a rule of thumb it's a good idea to clean your gal when she arrives to wash off any residue from the factory, you don't want to submerge her in water but rather wash her down with a soft sponge, I use diluted antibacterial hand wash soap (5 parts water to 1 of soap). I then use a shower head to rinse off but as your gal is on the heavy side you might want to do this with her laying on a bed on a towel using one of those hand held water sprays instead, otherwise you can use a bath stool to sit her on in the bath which is what I use. It's important that water does not enter the neck hole or into the holes in the feet if she has the standing foot bolts. Personally I always keep the head attached and am just careful not to get water near the neck, as for the feet, I place a small plastic bag over each foot with an elastic band around the ankle to keep water out. As for having her stand, yes I have 2 gals with standing feet and they stand permanently, mind you they are only around the 30kg mark and I have added large washers to the foot bolts to help spread the load and also help reduce damage from the bolts on socks, shoes etc. This does seem to work well as, so far, my gals feet are fine and they haven't damaged any shoes, without the washers the bolts will push into the shoes or whatever. When standing make sure your gal has another point of contact, so is leaning slightly against a wall or has a hand on a chair to keep her steady. Oh I forgot to mention that you shouldn't wash the head but rather clean when necessary with baby oil, bearing in mind that baby oil will wipe off any makeup. Good luck and have fun!

SquezzeMe

Post by SquezzeMe »

I am very strong. I can lift the weight. Is tub bath bad for the doll. esp the WMmodels?

SquezzeMe

Post by SquezzeMe »

Thank you for the info, I will buy a bath stool too help washing esra, You have been a great help, Thank you so much. Esra& Jerry

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

SquezzeMe wrote:I am very strong. I can lift the weight. Is tub bath bad for the doll. esp the WMmodels?
It's the same for any tpe doll, basically you shouldn't keep them submerged in water for too long or on a regular basis otherwise this will eventually weaken it's structure so use water sparingly.

SquezzeMe

Post by SquezzeMe »

Arthur, Just looked at your gal post. OMG, you have such lovely looking lady's. I gotta say tho, Sophia grabbed my eye. What head is she? Beautiful lady's

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

SquezzeMe wrote:Arthur, Just looked at your gal post. OMG, you have such lovely looking lady's. I gotta say tho, Sophia grabbed my eye. What head is she? Beautiful lady's
Hi again and thanks, yes I am blessed with 5 lovely ladies and they are a great comfort! Sophia is the WM51 head and has the OR156 H cup body. That particular body is one of the best sculpted tpe bodies available in my opinion as aside from the obvious charms of her H cups also the legs and arms have a decent thickness to them all at only 33kg so fairly easy to move about. You don't see too many head 51's, she has, what I would describe as, a melancholy beauty and also reminds me a lot of the actress, Katherine Ross who starred in, appropriately, The Stepford Wives!

INFORMATIONS