Starpery.com

Handy tools for smoothing and shaping

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mala78
Ex-Member

Re: Handy tools for smoothing and shaping

Post by mala78 »

There was another another station available with 20$ more.....the heat gun is different, i do not know if i see any difference for the work i want it.

I can still cancel my purchase and buy this one if this is better.

What do you guys think ?

I ve bought the 1st one bcs it can brings the soldering temp down to 100°C while the 2d one starts from 200 which is too hot for TPE.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (181.61 KiB) Viewed 2477 times

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

mala78 wrote:There was another another station available with 20$ more.....the heat gun is different, i do not know if i see any difference for the work i want it.

I can still cancel my purchase and buy this one if this is better.

What do you guys think ?

I ve bought the 1st one bcs it can brings the soldering temp down to 100°C while the 2d one starts from 200 which is too hot for TPE.
Stick with the first one. if it has lower temp. Average TPE according to Anung goes semi molten at 165c <---- Edited :)
mostly it'll burn if you go too much higher.

start low, and work up. It's what i did to get the feel for it.

But more importantly, get one of these.... or something similar..... Basically an automotive paint mask.
3m-full-face-respirators-masks-6297pa1-a-na-64_1000.jpg

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

very very interesting topic guys. Anung and he rest of you are pretty amazing being able to tackle and share info on being able to basically repair tpe on our own. This thread is invaluable to me now and i will be reading up as much as i can on this topic and how to heat and repair tpe. should it ever tear or need mending from time to time. great stuff guys thank you for sharing.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Okee-Dokee.jpg
This is good enough for me. Can always refresh it more if needed. There was a little crater just as it rounds the bottom of buttock. This is where little snips of TPE from her neck come in handy to fill little holes. Tiny pieces is all that's needed.

It was fun!! LOL

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

along this same topic, I have a TPE doll I am going to be cutting the neck open along the back . The gooseneck is driving me crazy with cracking sounds. The head will no longer hold it's self up. So time to fix this problem. any suggestion on how to tackle this?

I am sure I could figure it out once I open her up, but sealing the TPE back up?
I have TPE glue, or do you think heat is a better idea?
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Hi JiT,

Crazy Cajun (RIP) when he was still with us did a very good neck retrofit instructional topic on his site here http://missatleur.com/Retrofit.htm

I trust this assists and his legacy can help you.

I would recommend the melting repair method if the incision will be significant. Tpe glue can work fine on smaller incision, but for larger incisions, the melt technique afford the most resilient repair, but it takes tools, practice and patience to master, as demonstrated in this topic.

These topics provide additional information of tpe hotwork

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1285810

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 9#p1279899

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1281557

and this one for use of tpe glue

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=89001

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

justintime wrote:along this same topic, I have a TPE doll I am going to be cutting the neck open along the back . The gooseneck is driving me crazy with cracking sounds. The head will no longer hold it's self up. So time to fix this problem. any suggestion on how to tackle this?

I am sure I could figure it out once I open her up, but sealing the TPE back up?
That's a whole lot of work, that neck job CC did. His incision was small. Sealing up cut, that looked like the easiest part :)

I watched the video of CC doing the neck. It gave me a whole lot of respect for him!! he was a patient man!!

Miss Atleur does have informative things there. So sad his sudden passing :(

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

justintime wrote:along this same topic, I have a TPE doll I am going to be cutting the neck open along the back . The gooseneck is driving me crazy with cracking sounds. The head will no longer hold it's self up. So time to fix this problem. any suggestion on how to tackle this?

Have a look if you can maybe stuff some coat hanger down that goose neck???? Give it a bit more stiffness. I'm full of crazy ideas. Gotta start somewhere.
But CC's fix he did is permanent and it can be hung for storage. Time consuming venture, but would be worth it.

Yes, mine had creaked I shot some penetrating oil down the neck. It stopped creaking anyway. Not loose.... yet.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Yes CC and I were in close contact dating back to the long and energetic threads on goosneck issues here on TDF.
He and I traded some ideas by phone for several months. My old threads have some of the quick fixes the manufacturers gave me back when, they did eventually give me a new doll. Thanks to Jeff and the admins here.
I know once I get in there I will work the problem out. Just wanted to check with you guys. I will be ordering one of the heat welding stations, once i get into it.

Thanks and I will try to Document the surgery once I get going.
Shelby Model Information

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

justintime wrote:Yes CC and I were in close contact dating back to the long and energetic threads on goosneck issues here on TDF.
He and I traded some ideas by phone for several months. My old threads have some of the quick fixes the manufacturers gave me back when, they did eventually give me a new doll. Thanks to Jeff and the admins here.
I know once I get in there I will work the problem out. Just wanted to check with you guys. I will be ordering one of the heat welding stations, once i get into it.

Thanks and I will try to Document the surgery once I get going.
It's good to keep old threads going.
Is this one of them?
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... goose+neck

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Here is another thread on split, tearing groin. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86325&hilit=heating+damage
A WM doll with tearing groin area. There is no follow up any further on this thread since June 2017.
maybe some doll owners give up quickly because of these issues. Money spent and regretful of it!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Finale.jpg
Here is what the result is. I've not messed with this since my last post about this. The stretch marks are where I added TPE into the little holes. They're grabbing hold of course, but stretch some. It's not perfect, but neither am I. For a first time doing this sort of thing I'm not displeased with it.
The white marks on labia are from another job I did to repair busted up TPE. It was very delicate there from the start anyway.
I may putter with Labia some more, add some TPE from her neck, to get the color matched.
The groin area. wish it could be worked on the way it is positioned in this pic. Doubtful. It would just stretch real bad! I'm assuming.

In my mind, I know it could look a lot worse :)

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Anung Un Rama
Thank you for those links to threads, , as soon as my machine comes in I will start working on her. Will do my best to
photo as I go.

RGC_0767
Yes that was the start of the threads, I really don't even want to think about those days.
It was a mess trying to get the issue resolved. But it all worked out with a replacement doll.

New machine

Specifications:

1. Model: 858
2. Type: LED Indicator Light
3. Blower Fan: Brushless Fan
4. Amunt Of Wind: 120 L/m(Max)
5. Temperature Range: 100 ℃ - 450 ℃
6. Handle Length(with Cable): 120cm
7. Noise: <45db
8. Weight: 45.26 oz / 1283 g
9. Dimensions: (5.91 x 3.74 x 5.12)" / (15 x 9.5 x 13)cm (L x W x H)
10. Input Voltage: AC110V / 50Hz
Attachments
ddd.jpg
ddd.jpg (421.91 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
Shelby Model Information

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

justintime wrote:Anung Un Rama
Thank you for those links to threads, , as soon as my machine comes in I will start working on her. Will do my best to
photo as I go.

RGC_0767
Yes that was the start of the threads, I really don't even want to think about those days.
It was a mess trying to get the issue resolved. But it all worked out with a replacement doll.

New machine

Specifications:

1. Model: 858
2. Type: LED Indicator Light
3. Blower Fan: Brushless Fan
4. Amunt Of Wind: 120 L/m(Max)
5. Temperature Range: 100 ℃ - 450 ℃
6. Handle Length(with Cable): 120cm
7. Noise: <45db
8. Weight: 45.26 oz / 1283 g
9. Dimensions: (5.91 x 3.74 x 5.12)" / (15 x 9.5 x 13)cm (L x W x H)
10. Input Voltage: AC110V / 50Hz
Looks like the same make as what I bought. Same color anyway. When I hang the gun on the holder it is supposed to go into standby. Maybe I'm hanging it backwards. I've been putting in holder opposite to what your pic here is :) will try that. The directions are in English, but it's a "just off the boat" English. Funny anyway lol
As long as there isn't much material loss, you should be able too smooth it out with this tool. Had I not tried "my way" at first it, would have done a whole lot nicer job with it. I try to fix like things like the cheapskate I am :)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

More-Time.jpg
Just goes to show, if willing to devote more time to a job, can get it better.
A bit of low heat. I used 120c, a ball sculptor, and mineral oil baths on TPE and ball, and have been able to smooth it more. Keeping areas as clean as possible is key. Damn cat!! hair!! LOL lint. flakes of whatever.. dust magnet dolly!
Getting yourself in a comfortable position is helpful too.

INFORMATIONS