betterlovedoll.com

Call for Moderators

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Call for Moderators

Post by TDF_Management »

"You already have the technical skills necessary to be a moderator if you are posting here. "

In an effort to keep TDF fresh and smooth running we need new moderators
as we see retirements and promotions within the ranks. This is ongoing so
you can apply anytime. If you aspire to helping your community more than
you currently are, we invite you to join our large staff of volunteers.

Requirements for becoming a moderator:

a) Unless vouched for by an established member, you must have held TDF membership for at least one year

b) You must be posting regularly. Thoughtful and supportive posts on other member threads are important.

c) You should be spending 3 to 5 hours per week logged into TDF (in order to keep current).

d) You must be even tempered and diplomatic. Moderators are looked upon to set example.

e) Anyone wishing to progress through the ranks, must start here.

We look forward to hearing from you. To apply or if you have questions, please PM Alex Subject line "Moderator"

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Call for Moderators

Post by Szalinski »

It won't be a year for me until after Thanksgiving, but i'll keep it in mind.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Szalinski wrote:It won't be a year for me until after Thanksgiving, but i'll keep it in mind.
Over 2000 posts, met other members face to face at Hershey? I think you at least pass the member status a, b & c :)

It's the 'D' that gets most of us :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

I know it hasn't quite been a year but close. I have been an active poster on here and check in on here several times a day sometimes more. I am always fair and diplimatic to others. I do have expierience moderating yahoo groups. I do have expierience as a moderater/ group owner. Last but not least I am sure others on hereincluding midiman can vouch for me.

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

hehe I would like to but I have dolls to make and videos 8)
whoohoo dollies :plaidskirt:
my dolls are here got love them
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10489

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

dollluver73 wrote:I know it hasn't quite been a year but close. I have been an active poster on here and check in on here several times a day sometimes more. I am always fair and diplomatic to others. I do have experience moderating yahoo groups. I do have experience as a moderator/ group owner. Last but not least I am sure others on here, including midiman can vouch for me.
Well.it's good that spelling and grammar are not prerequisites :) 6 errors in your post :) Also you are supposed to PM Alex, but that is more so people applying need not feel embarrassed if they for some reason they don't make the grade. Now if your nose didn't go out of joint on my remarks about your post you probably do have the right disposition :)

Of course I'd vouch for you. The time requirements are more there to ensure that TDF does not end up with a troll in management.

Of course you have someone vouching for you whose own doll voted against his wearing a management banner :)

But hey, I like being one of he guys, which reminds me of something important management forgot to put in that write-up above.
Midiman wrote:e) Moderators should never forget their humble beginnings here and the friends they have made along the way. It is the members they serve - not the other way around.
Now DL, would you be a good boy and fix me a coffee?" :mrgreen:

Midiman

P.S. Dood I know the feeling :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I wouldn't worry too much about 'D'.

If all Mods were 100% compliant with 'C' we wouldn't have any mods (and probably one less admin either hee hee).
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Zarnon wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about 'D'.

If all Mods were 100% compliant with 'C' we wouldn't have any mods (and probably one less admin either hee hee).
Spoken by a staff member who has just been praised by his peers for the good, honorable and diplomatic handling of a recent incident :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

midiman wrote:
Szalinski wrote:It won't be a year for me until after Thanksgiving, but i'll keep it in mind.
Over 2000 posts, met other members face to face at Hershey? I think you at least pass the member status a, b & c :)

It's the 'D' that gets most of us :)

AHAHAH that leaves you out as well. :plaidskirt:

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Now, now children, y'all play nice!

(simultanious two finger "thoks" on a certain pair of noggins)
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Ajaxee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ajaxee »

6 years, 5 posts, can i get a cookie? :lol:

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

LOL took you 6 years to reach 5 posts. Lets see that averages out to not quite one post per year.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

dollluver73 wrote:LOL took you 6 years to reach 5 posts. Lets see that averages out to not quite one post per year.
Well thats whats called paceing yourself,....

These dolls can realy take it out of you don't ya know,...?
:wink: :razz: :razz:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

MyDollisMyLife
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by MyDollisMyLife »

I think the Moderators are doing a wonderful job. Even I, an avid doll collector, am being put through the extraneous process of becoming a respected poster on this site. While that bothers me somewhat, it just makes it more enjoyable to think what it will be like when I can post freely. What a great site! :D Much respect and thanks to the moderators, and creators of this wonderful forum

Warlock13

Post by Warlock13 »

Ajaxee wrote:6 years, 5 posts, can i get a cookie? :lol:
Ha ha, I'm not doing so good either on my post count. IMO the moderators and owners of the website do a fantastic job, and I appreciate all their hard work. :D

INFORMATIONS