betterlovedoll.com

Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Post by TDF_Management »

Starting as of right now, the Sales on TDF forum has been changed into a moderated forum which means all posts need to be approved before they show up.

There is also a new set of sales rules and policies which can be read here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 76#p744176

A new ad is only approved if it fulfills all the rules and all the items of the template.
Sellers can always ask for assistance, either by PM, or by mentioning it in your sales post, and we'll help where possible, but the post will not become visible until it fully complies.

From now on, all sales post pictures need to include a visible paper note with username and date on it, pictures without the note will not be accepted. This also applies for already active sales if, after today, a seller wants to add additional pictures.
(verified manufacturers and vendors are excluded from the required note)

A reply to an ad will only be approved if it shows real interest in buying the item. All replies that encourage, criticize, discuss the sale, or are off-topic, will be removed.
If something about a sale is wrong, please use the exclamation mark icon and report it, so we can look into it.

Newly Registered members will not be able to start a sale, they first need to have made 5 approved posts on other parts of the forum, so they can attach pictures and reply to PM's.
Posts will need to be meaningful for them to be approved. One-word posts will not be approved. New members can show interest in buying a doll at any time though.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Post by LaDollyVita »

Does this also coincide with a salary increase for the moderators? :lol:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Sure, we all received a 10% salary increase... hmm... adding 10% to 0... hey... that's still 0 :P Oh well...
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Is it to late to request that Dollarhyde be allowed to wish everyone luck on a sale?

Also, has anyone heard from him?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Regarding For Sale threads started before today, before the new rules, the following does apply:

- Ads have a maximum lifespan of 12 months, after which they will be removed regardless.
- Ads will be removed if the seller doesn't log in for more than a month, doesn't answer questions within a month, or doesn't make a post on the sale thread in general at least once every 3 months.

Based on this, some old or inactive threads have been removed. Of course, you may post a new For Sale ad, but this should comply to the new rules and so it should show new pictures (12 months could have changed the status of the doll).

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Um. . . Perhaps I can see both points of view.

One of the very important areas of TDF is hidden, invisible almost but apparent, and it's been particularly apparent in the For Sale section.

This factor is a fraternity. It makes TDF a place of civility (hopefully ;-) most of the time) and friendship.

The rule change drives the For Sale area into an area which is clinically sterilised and devoid of life.

The ability for all of us to have been able to wish member Spedfish well in his For Sale thread might have been an irritation to those who like a diet of antibiotics but it's been a matter of civility and a mark of appreciation to one who has brought good things to the doll world.

Likewise, there is a Dahlia for sale of which I have personal knowledge of this underappreciated type of doll and which any newbie coming to dolls will do well to buy.

As a newcomer, perhaps the first place one comes to to start to learn about what's available is to the place where things are available - the place where things are For Sale . . . and it's through comments and encouragement there that is a good place to observe and learn about what one might like to investigate further.

There is a case therefore for social interaction to be permitted in the For Sale section where the market place can be more interesting than the library.

On the UK forum at the moment there is a doll for sale where the seller hasn't been very smart about how best to sell his doll and I have been helping there with photos of a sister doll http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... php?t=7355 and this encouragement, and hopefully excitement of imagination, together with advice to someone newly looking for a doll http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... 360&page=3 resulting in
I decided to take your initial advice btw, and contacted justpassingthrough about his doll.
It seems a good way of getting into things without a huge outlay of money.
and upon which members will see that I posted further encouraging photos.

Hopefully this will have eased the wheels of one member suffering less pain and another coming to find new pleasure.

This is a service which experienced hands can bring to the arena, a meeting place being one of kindness, helpfulness and humanity, and it is this that for many puts the heart into dolls.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47#p746347 is another example of a thread of a new member bringing expertise and encouragement.

For reasons of administrative tidiness no doubt we can understand the desire to focus clinically on the For Sale threads in the manner adopted today, but possibly I'm not the only one to think that on balance collectively the old way had a better role to play in the community.

TDF has always been the principle place for dollkeepers to gather and share, and long may it stay that way.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

DR K

Post by DR K »

I also agree with Harem. While I understand this rule change is trying to keep things on the up and up, I do believe the paper sign and date was enough. Adding encouragements to sellers and their dolls does no harm to anyone and makes the seller and potential buyers feel good about the doll. This is a very friendly and open forum and IMHO this rule takes away from the connection people have made here.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I like the new rule change as far as hopefully avoiding a lot of arguing over the price, condition and buyers or sellers being criticized over their actions. A recent seller who was not happy w/ his retail purchase and was selling the item off was basically called stupid for buying the item in the first place.

The market place should be a place for buying and selling, not a forum for remembrance and well wishes.
If a member is selling off a loved doll, does it not do the doll justice to maybe start a thread in the proper forum letting TDF members know that they will be selling off his/her lover? Kind of like finding out your best friends wife died by reading it in the obituary. I know if I ever sold off one of my OOAK ladies I would start a thread to make mention of the fact and let the members know why I am letting her go.
To some, dolls are just a hunk of rubber or plastic. To others they are much more.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

rubherkitty wrote:The market place should be a place for buying and selling, not a forum for remembrance and well wishes.
This is exactly one of the reasons why we made the change to the Sales forum.

Lots of people who want to sell their doll have no interest in having to explain why they're selling it or seeing a discussion form around their doll, they just want to sell it.
Not to mention, to some, it's painful enough to sell the doll they waited such a long time for, they don't need a sympathy thread.

If a seller wants to let people know why he/she is selling the doll and wants to get some sympathy or advice on what to do, they are free to start a thread in the appropriate manufacturer forum or in the Dolls in general forum, but the sales section is not the place for such discussions.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

OK - I can see that point of view. But it is important for people to come along with positive knowledge, expertise and experience to a sale.

This morning I posted on Spedfish's sale some text directly relevant to the sale of his dolls - that they are of a silicone which may well be sought after for photographic modelling in the future. The post was rejected.

Yesterday a new member came along in direct support and encouragement of Johndside's sale of his underappreciated Dahlia. That post is very helpful, a great contribution from a new member, and today that post would be rejected.

Rejecting posts such as these devalues the forum as a place to sell dolls, devaluing the ability to sell dolls and as a result depressing the willingness of people to buy new dolls, and taking away from the For Sale section as a good place to be introduced to dolls and their technicalities, and for this reason in my opinion not the best move.

This is the post that was rejected in support of Spedfish's sale:
It's worth mentioning here that the current soft silicone DS dolls and such soft dolls from other manufacturers too are very specifically made aiming towards sexual satisfaction. I'm very much looking forward to putting a soft silicone doll through her paces in the photographic department . . . ;-)

Whilst Spedfish's and my generation of DS dolls, especially with soft inserts, will do wonderfully what anyone might want with a doll, these dolls have proved their longevity for photographic modelling and I expect mine to last a very long time. Whilst wear and tear occurs, it's easily repairable. My girls have stood on their feet with care and not had damage, although Chloé who is a soft silicone erring towards the new softness has suffered heel damage but which is easily repairable. This contrasts, at the asking price, with TPE dolls which are significantly less cooperative when it comes to requiring repairs.

For these reasons there may be a special value of these dolls to people looking particularly for long term photo-models and for "characters" with whom to develop stories.
This is the post in support of Johndside's sale which was made by a new member yesterday and would be rejected today:
i can confirm that John has one of the greatest dolls here, as i purchased one of these over a year ago.
after one year, we can clearly see that this TPE material is incredible. soft and lifelike, feels very real.

my doll is 68 pounds if i remember my research correctly. very easy to move around in my opinion.
and you won't suffer with the maintenance problems of expensive silicone dolls, just be careful with the hands and feet.

this doll has great options for posing, and is incredible in bed.
it also has an option no other doll has - the lower back hole -
which is used to drop a vibrating egg down there for added pleasure.
but you won't need the egg once you realize you can lay her on her side and use that area as another backdoor entrance.
take a look down, and it looks like you are... 'in there.'
i didn't see any other doll with this option. this is a great selling point.
and the feel of the TPE speaks for itself.

the best photo's of this doll were taken by Samurai, in the TDF BD forum.
if you go back through the pages, you will see his 'Keira.'
once i seen those pix, i knew this doll was for me.
and her height/weight is just perfect if you like her shape.
and one year later, i am still blown away.
my friends are all wondering where i have disappeared to.

you won't beat this deal, so if you are on the fence - get her now and start the party :drinking:
Sometimes a seller does not have the knowledge or experience of other members to help him make the best of his sale and likewise members' experience and knowledge can be very helpful in guiding other members to strike a good deal on a bargain.

It looks likely that my posts on http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... 360&page=3 will help UK member Confuzzed get an extraordinarily good opportunity and help member justpassingthrough in a difficult corner and so achieving good things for all as well as giving good ideas to others.

This is an important part of the support network among dollkeepers that has been one of the principle assets of TDF.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Harem, I'm sure all your replies express the best of intentions. If all the replies to buy and sell post were positive, that would be nice, but there are many that are slams and put downs. And the mods have time to referee all this? The mods are now forced to have to review any new replies so hopefully this new ruling will reduce the number of replies submitted not relating to the actual buy / sell post.

I am a member of some trade boards that do not allow ANY replies at all to WTB/WTS post. All questions, must go through a PM to avoid board clutter.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

DR K wrote:I also agree with Harem. While I understand this rule change is trying to keep things on the up and up, I do believe the paper sign and date was enough. Adding encouragements to sellers and their dolls does no harm to anyone and makes the seller and potential buyers feel good about the doll. This is a very friendly and open forum and IMHO this rule takes away from the connection people have made here.
I concur with this.. Harem and others' comments that help provide additional context for buyers/sellers should be encouraged.

Mods can still - as always - remove any inappropriate or trolling remarks whenever necessary.

Just my opinion, thanks :)
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

rubherkitty wrote:Harem, I'm sure all your replies express the best of intentions. If all the replies to buy and sell post were positive, that would be nice, but there are many that are slams and put downs. And the mods have time to referee all this?
For those that are inappropriate member moderation can easily suffice with the [!] to draw it to mods attentions. To create more admin work and to remove community expertise seems a retrograde step.

Sometimes a degree of expression of community opinion is appropriate as was in the instance where someone was trying to sell body parts that looked as though they'd been part of an explosion or chain-saw-massacre.

The contribution of members to for sale threads can be a matter both of encouragement as well as protection for less experienced members.

In my personal opinion I think we've seen members on TDF getting the best possible opportunities to sell their dolls for the best possible prices to date, but in the new environment without appropriate encouragement being possible it's not going to be so effective.

The threads will be as dry as merely "PM sent" which used to be the ones formerly criticised.

;-)

Hostage - I think we speak the same language!

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Harem, valid points as well.
I'm still a newbie compared to many of the members here, so I have no idea of what once was.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

rubherkitty wrote:Harem, valid points as well.
I'm still a newbie
:haha4: :multi: :glou: 8O :D :lol:

Hey - :angel: you on over 3000 posts and I only a smidgeon more . . . :lol:

;-)

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

INFORMATIONS