betterlovedoll.com

Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Post by AlexKnight »

Tybalt wrote:Sold dolls thread is vital for buyer research. please keep it.
They'll still be available in the Sold Items section here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=122, but they won't show up in the Buy&Sell listing of active topics here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=77
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

Little late into the poo-flinging, BUT, I do applaud the changes.

If (BIG IF) I do decide to sell a doll, the location is kind of a necessity. As a matter of fact, I found a 1AM Natasha (who will become my Tasha) from a seller here on TDF who's only about 30-ish miles away, and with that, we negotiated a lower price for local pickup! The state/province should suffice, so privacy shouldn't be a huge concern.

But when I made a reply to the thread regarding the sale,I saw the reply had to be approved. I incorrectly assumed (was ISUI--Internet Surfing Under the Influence) and totally ignored that new rule and thought I was being moderated for a reason I'd rather not say. But then I re-read it and realized it's for the greater good of all of us.

As always, TDF management rocks.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

zacaxel55
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zacaxel55 »

Hi, I live in Australia, and would like to sell my doll (boy toy lite) haveing been a new doll owner for 2 years know, I would like to upgrade. My quistion is will I be able to sell my doll useing this forum? I
I have been a member for over a year, and have posted a few comments over a year ago, only three that i can remmember, will thay be counted as the 5 that need to be posted?
Kind Regards, Zac Axel (user name zacaxel)

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi Zac,
Yes, you can sell your doll on the forum. You have 9 posts so far. Please be sure to use the sale template and include all the information required. Make sure the pics have your TDF user name and the date. If you have any problems posting the pics, etc. feel free to pm me or anyone on the TDF staff. I wish you the best of luck on your sale and upgrade! :)
Jiayi

sournote666
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sournote666 »

How long does it take for a sale ad to be approved?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

sournote666 wrote:How long does it take for a sale ad to be approved?
Anything between one minute and one day. We try to approve For Sale posts quickly, but sometimes it may take a little time.
Also, help us and help yourself by using the for sale template and be sure to fully comply to the new rules.

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

sournote666 wrote:How long does it take for a sale ad to be approved?
Nescio is correct, it can be very fast or it could take a day. I would like to comment I think its a lot of work for the mods ...and just getting a reply approved takes a bit long sometimes. This is why if I am interested in a doll or someone is interested in my doll I just PM them now because there is no reason to wait for it to be approved.
I know we need a safe environment , maybe pulling ads that have problems would be better than having to "approve" everything in the for sale post.
I go on a lot of collectable/toy sites and NEVER see this as the case. I just wish things could be a bit more relaxed here. Sometimes it feel so strict as you can not breath. I'm sure most mods are fairly down to earth good people <removed, violation of Rule 3a, 3c and 6>. Think we could possibly "loosen up" up the for sale section a bit?
Doing this with kid gloves because I know some egos here get offended very easily so i hope this post stays. I mentioned no names...so just making a suggestion. Hopefully the forum with be democratic enough to listen and keep an open mind. Thanks!
Last edited by Nescio50 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed violation of Rule 3a, 3c and 6

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

Lol, power in even the smallest sense has the ability to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, so the saying goes. If given ANY authority no matter how small it's up to ourselves to keep our own self in check. You can see the inherent problem.

I could name who's awesome and fair and who's not but don't want to single anyone out and make them feel bad.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

starion wrote:Lol, power in even the smallest sense has the ability to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, so the saying goes. If given ANY authority no matter how small it's up to ourselves to keep our own self in check. You can see the inherent problem.

I could name who's awesome and fair and who's not but don't want to single anyone out and make them feel bad.
:? To starion, PM sent.

In general, if someone has a problem with moderation, if moderation seems to be incorrect, please send a PM to a member of staff and we'll look into it. We are always willing to explain things, and if we were wrong we correct the situation. But hey, what kind of reply do you expect if you post something like this :roll:

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

I get what Starion is saying. A lot of people who get power of any sort it tends to go to their head. We see this a lot in cops here in the US with shooting innocent people or abusing the law, just using that as an example. Not all cops are bad and not all mods are bad. There are some on this forum that no doubt it went to their head long ago and they love an ego trip!
I feel...and I am saying this with all due respect to this forum that the rules have gotten WAY to strict on these for sale post. I feel as though it is more of a headache as a seller/buyer and for you guys as well.
If something doesn't fit the for sale post and its either harmful or negative THEN take action. If its just a matter of someone saying "she looks great" or "good luck with the sale" then who cares. If it bothers someone else to read that then they have the problem. Not the person sending an encouraging note.
In a world where we try to please everyone you end up pleasing not one. People are going to get offended. Stuff happens. We are people. We can't try to avoid everything bad BEFORE it may or may not happen. Wasn't there a sci fi Tom Cruise movie about this?
Anyway, my 2 cents - meant with respect, just please give it some consideration. Thanks

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

jediguy1019 wrote: If something doesn't fit the for sale post and its either harmful or negative THEN take action. If its just a matter of someone saying "she looks great" or "good luck with the sale" then who cares. If it bothers someone else to read that then they have the problem. Not the person sending an encouraging note.
In a world where we try to please everyone you end up pleasing not one. People are going to get offended. Stuff happens.
As someone who likes to give enthusiasm to other people and particularly to encourage good things, I often read about a sale and would like to be able to add positively and contribute constructively.

Currently there's a sale of what looks like a WM "improved" TPE doll about which I'd like to ask questions specifically with the intention of encouraging a good doll for someone, but without any intention of buying, I don't dare do so for fear of my contravention of the rules. Not only that but if that doll really is improved then comment on it will improve interest in WM's sales and reward them for upgrades about which they seem to have been very quiet.

There's also Dahlia languishing in the For Sale threads at a giveaway price and I know from personal experience to be utterly superb for the price. She needs a bit of encouragement.

There's poor Bianca who really needs a boost, and a UK DS Ruby all of whom need knights on shining armour charging around clamoring with trumpets and cymbals screaming the plight of maidens in distress seeking rescuers on white horses.

The cut and thrust of the marketplace is where newbies are able to learn quite a bit about dolls in the realworld outside their showcases and the ability to banter and barter is part of the theatre of entertainment and learning . . .

;-)

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

I will second that. Harem's posts in this thread:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=56213
are what convinced me to move up from inflatables to my true satisfaction with tpe & silicone. It seemed like an expensive thing to try, but after his continuous promotion I was persuaded to try one and now I couldn't be happier. The research required to choose a doll is fairly time consuming for a casual buyer, while the back and forth can prevent a naive person from being ripped off. (I've benefitted from that in the past, though I now have the personal friendship of several members here to replace it).
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

amytyl wrote:but after his continuous promotion I was persuaded to try one and now I couldn't be happier.
Phew! Thank goodness for that!

That's also a great compliment and you're a true gent. :glou:

Seriously though, I tried one and will enthuse till the cows come home over what I know will give others pleasure too. Having come up the route from inflatables it was possible to have an inkling of something that could be recommended which wasn't a gamble of budget beyond imagination.

Here's the other one for sale, been hanging around for ages, just $900 . . . and possibly less.

There are some other bargains too where people are needing to move and need space, at least one or two in the UK.

Back on topic, however, it's in the For Sale section where it's possible to pick up on tips from connoisseurs who know what they're doing and what to look for, and in this way it can lessen the risks for someone new to the subject area.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Then there is the flip side of the coin. If I see a doll that is having to be propped up by propaganda from non-involved parties then I am going to wonder what the actual issue with the doll is. There are also certain members whose comments would actually warn me away from a particular doll.

The doll should be able to sell itself to an owner looking for that type of doll. I am going to make a decision on a doll based on the photographic evidence, the manufacturer's reputation, and the reputation of the seller. Saccharin sweet comments from other members will make me take an even closer look at the seller's reputation through previous sales and through threads about the doll in question. If there isn't photographic evidence elsewhere showing that this was a cared for doll that someone has either outgrown or had life situation changes then I am less likely to buy the doll.

Plus we also have to remember that this is not a democracy. Many of the changes have been made to limit TDF's legal liability in the case of a bad sale. Now if members willing to make comments were obliged to accept legal liability for said comments then maybe that might change management's stance on the topic. But I hardly doubt anybody would be interested in accepting that responsibility.
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

karpos wrote:Saccharin sweet comments from other members will make me take an even closer look at the seller's reputation through previous sales and through threads about the doll in question.. . . Many of the changes have been made to limit TDF's legal liability in the case of a bad sale. Now if members willing to make comments were obliged to accept legal liability for said comments then maybe that might change management's stance on the topic.
Well if anyone thinks it's a good idea to steer clear of the Dahlia currently for sale for $900 just because I make saccharin sweet comments about this doll as a result of my own personal experience with one of this doll's sisters, and the experience related in a post above, then that's their loss. There are at least three threads on the forum in which I detail the attractions but as this doll is not one of a leading manufacturer they are rather buried and inaccessible unless one's looking for them.

And if anyone wants to put legal liability upon me for saying that that's a good doll I'm happy to take a bloody nose and with pleasure tell such lawyers that they'll rot in hell at the same time. It's balderdash.

The reality is that the marketplace is the best place for an apprentice to learn. Where people can see that things for sale are receiving the scrutiny of experienced members firstly they can see the areas in which they can learn need to be scrutinised and secondly brings the wider wisdom of the community to benefit others. Where sales are put sterile of community scrutiny there is much more danger involved and individual members are more at risk of not having noticed something. Their on their own relying only on their own experience which may be limited as well as the experience of the seller likewise.

It's important to be able to chime in and say on a sale of a doll with a clothes stain that it's not serious on a silicone doll, and rather a problem on a TPE doll with directions for instance to the thread for Ewood's stain remover.

It's also important for those who worry about a delamination being a significant problem for those with experience of the brand to be able to confirm whether it's a problem or not, part of the ordinary of effectively no concern.

And yes I'll continue to plug the underappreciated Dahlia and say that when such doll comes up at a low price she's a bargain and a gift . . . and if Karpos wants to stick with brand loyalty and ignore my exhortations . . . it's his loss :-) ;-) :glou:

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

INFORMATIONS