Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll Head Construction

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

alakazaam

RealDoll Head Construction

Post by alakazaam »

I need to know if RealDoll heads are made entirely of silicone all the way around or strictly with the moulded styrofoam. Their website isn't the most explicit in this and customer service has yet to get back to me. I'm a stickler for cleanliness and sterilization, and after seeing a friend's doll (Quinn) and seeing the head construction with her, I was a bit disappointed as I could already see dust and dirt collecting on the styrofoam due to its porous nature.

If a full silicone head option exists with the removable face X technology, I would be prepared to spend the money on a doll. If not, I see that as an oversight.

Thanks

Al

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: RealDoll Head Construction

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I will ask Zebo our Brand Ambassador to help answer this. I am not sure what you are asking though. There are full head designs and face-X . Face option page has them color coded as such. I may not be understanding your questions though.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

alakazaam

Post by alakazaam »

Are any of the skulls, past the removable face, silicone and not styrofoam? Like the part of the head where the wig goes on.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

alakazaam wrote:Are any of the skulls, past the removable face, silicone and not styrofoam? Like the part of the head where the wig goes on.

There is a full head design on a number of faces. : This is Dodgeman's Krista who is a Rene face/Full head.

They are color coded white on the Real Doll Website. :thumbs_up: Hope that helps, otherwise Zebo is your man.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Hi alakazaam,
Their are two head types. X face (Magnet Face) and full head (which needs a head kit)
If I understand you correctly ... you want the full head design

Full head is all silicone :thumbs_up:

alakazaam

Post by alakazaam »

Swan wrote:Hi alakazaam,
Their are two head types. X face (Magnet Face) and full head (which needs a head kit)
If I understand you correctly ... you want the full head design

Full head is all silicone :thumbs_up:
Thanks dude, much appreciated

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

ALL Abyss doll heads have a plastic skull. The Earlier version removable Classic faces were attached to the skull with Velcro pads and the later RD2 versions are attached with magnets.

Then there are the full head faces that are completely pulled over the entire skull like a mask.

All skulls have the soft foam skull cap even with the full head faces but, those faces are attached to the skulls with Silpoxy adhesive to keep them stationary on the skulls so they do not move around on the skull. So you must buy a complete head with face on the Full head versions as the faces stay attached to the skulls.

All current magnet faces use one skull and that allows you to swap out any of the magnet faces on that same skull just like the Velcro faces did years ago.

There are NO skulls that are solid silicone where the silicone face fits over such a skull as there would be NO reason to construct them that way. If the skull was solid silicone, then the face could or would be molded as part of the skull like a Ruby13 and others created like them where the face & skull were one solid silicone mass but, Abyss does not create them that way as it is expensive to do and requires a lot of silicone.

I hope that helps to clarify the differences in all 3 types of Abyss doll skull & face combinations. Again, Abyss does NOT make solid silicone One piece face & skulls or solid silicone Heads like Ruby13 and PIB. :)

INFORMATIONS