Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Doll Fever Strikes Me Again!! Here Comes “Raquel”!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

izla111
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Doll Fever Strikes Me Again!! Here Comes “Raquel”!

Post by izla111 »

Doll_Master wrote:
izla111 wrote:I admire your spirit DM!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Your disability might actually give you a better perspective to how to manage moving Rachel around. IMHO, the dolls are such beautiful creations that they themselves provide the inspiration needed to overcome limitations. Check out this thread on CRD ... https://www.clubrealdoll.com/community/ ... etups.422/ ... Somewhere in there you'll find post of doll owners using power setups, lift, and rail systems. With your insight I imagine you could come up with some innovative solutions you can share with the rest of the community. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thank You Izzy!

WOW MAN!!

I checked out the CRD Forum, didn’t know you were so active there too!
I Thought I was “intense”? .. No Way! You got me beat there brother, Love the passion you put into this!
You realize that you’re slowly killing me with Erin’s posts, right! Lol
Can’t wait til Raquel gets here tomorrow!

AWESOME setups & suggestions you have there on CRD, saw tons of stuff that gave me some great ideas on hardware & rigs for possible solutions to my own particular dilemma!

We’ll see what I can come up with putting some good ol’ fashion “Redneck Ingenuity” into it! I know that I’ve got a LONG & difficult road ahead of me though..
In the meantime;
Here’s a few things that occurred to me right off the bat which will affect how I’m going to approach this..
1) Most of the ones I saw on there look like permanent setups (rails, ceiling hooks, etc).
Well, considering the “Wife” situation I’m dealing with, there’s no way I can build/attach ANYTHING permanent – anywhere.
2) Everything I may build HAS to be easy to move, disassemble and stash at a moments notice.. so I’m going to have come up with a few mobile carry and to hang her from type rigs that are sturdy enough not to fall over, but not too bulky to use and easy to take apart at the same time.
3) Carrying/moving her from one place to another somehow is going to be the primary objective for any rig I can devise.

I guess we’ll see, right buddy!
Thanks DM!!! Sounds like you'll need to Macgyver the hell out of it. Here's another post from CRD for inspiration ... https://www.clubrealdoll.com/community/ ... tube.4090/ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Very interesting thread Doll_Master. :thumbs_up:
As you mentioned, your situation is very similar to that posted by MarcusM who has a wife and a RealDoll that don't mix!

I was wondering whether you could use your disability to your advantage to help move your new doll around a room.
Izla111 has pointed out various rail based system over on ClubRealDoll that owners have built, like the "Brick Rail System" or BRS, attached to a ceiling.

You said that building anything permanent is a no-go as your wife would find out.
Could you not try to convince your wife that a rail system could be used to help move heavy stuff around your office/man cave when you're on your own?
You wouldn't have to try to hide the rail system if your wife thinks it's a home help device.

I think a ceiling rail and rope winch would allow you to move your doll relatively easily and safely.
Also add a trampoline spring as Brick has done and you have "cowgirl" action within your grasp! :mrgreen:

Good luck and I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how you get on. :D

GraFXman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GraFXman »

djcdoll wrote:Very interesting thread Doll_Master. :thumbs_up:
You said that building anything permanent is a no-go as your wife would find out.
Could you not try to convince your wife that a rail system could be used to help move heavy stuff around your office/man cave when you're on your own?
You wouldn't have to try to hide the rail system if your wife thinks it's a home help device.
I think a ceiling rail and rope winch would allow you to move your doll relatively easily and safely.
Also add a trampoline spring as Brick has done and you have "cowgirl" action within your grasp! :mrgreen:
Good luck and I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how you get on. :D
  • Thank you DJCDOLL;
    Totally agree with the spring and rope pulley gear, had thought about that after reading Izzy/Bricks posts in CRD.
    Appreciate the suggestion my friend, however it would take too long to explain the why it wouldnt work trying to explain that setup to her under any circumstances, mainly because there's nothing in the house that I need to move, specially in my office which also has huge ceiling fans, and because I haven't reached the point yet where I need any help for anything really - total independence still.
    Imagine that by myself I hung upper kitchen cabinets, on both sides of the kitchen, from a chair - with only some ingenuity and leverage.. lol - yea so that would be a no go she knows me better..
    However, as I had commented in that last post, I already thought this through exhaustively before getting into it and Ive got some kick ass ideas - just didnt want to divulge them too soon, or in this post.
    Raquel arrived today and Im starting a new post for her/us in the next few days where I will probably blow some peoples mind when they see the innovations Ive got lined up to make this work..

Again, thank you and TTYS!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Doll_Master wrote:
  • Thank you DJCDOLL;
    Totally agree with the spring and rope pulley gear, had thought about that after reading Izzy/Bricks posts in CRD.
    Appreciate the suggestion my friend, however it would take too long to explain the why it wouldnt work trying to explain that setup to her under any circumstances, mainly because there's nothing in the house that I need to move, specially in my office which also has huge ceiling fans, and because I haven't reached the point yet where I need any help for anything really - total independence still.
    Imagine that by myself I hung upper kitchen cabinets, on both sides of the kitchen, from a chair - with only some ingenuity and leverage.. lol - yea so that would be a no go she knows me better..
    However, as I had commented in that last post, I already thought this through exhaustively before getting into it and Ive got some kick ass ideas - just didnt want to divulge them too soon, or in this post.
    Raquel arrived today and Im starting a new post for her/us in the next few days where I will probably blow some peoples mind when they see the innovations Ive got lined up to make this work..

Again, thank you and TTYS!
Yes, you've probably spent a LOT of time thinking about all the logistics of doll movement for your own circumstances.

You sound like a very resourceful person, I hope you can find a good solution to your doll access problems.
I'm sure that other people will be very interested in seeing what you come up with, disabled or not, I'm intrigued as well. :D

hermitpermit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hermitpermit »

Doll_Master, please update!

GraFXman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GraFXman »

• hermitpermit wrote:Doll_Master, please update!
    Hiya Hermit..
    This thread was basically just an intro about me & my particular situation, aka a 'Reveal' of sorts and prior to Raquel's arrival..
    This part of the story pretty much ends there with the Memorial Day post..

The story continues upon Raquel's arrival, here:

“RAQUEL” & I .. This Is Our Story

Thelaststraw
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Thelaststraw »

I must say, this has been a truly epic story. Your determination is very admirable. I wish you well sir.

GraFXman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GraFXman »

• Thelaststraw wrote:I must say, this has been a truly epic story. Your determination is very admirable. I wish you well sir.

Thank you!
    We'll see if all that determination pays off in the end..

INFORMATIONS