Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking about a purchase, need more information

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

x3ana
Active Poster
Active Poster

Thinking about a purchase, need more information

Post by x3ana »

Hello all,

I have had my eye on RD's since 2009 and have been researching a lot recently into the doll industry again. I know RD's are expensive, but they seem to have the best quality of any dolls and I am deciding whether to purchase from other manufacturers, or drop the extra cash on a RD. So some questions:

1) Is there a side by side comparison of the doll bodies anywhere? I looked on the website, but they only have glamour shots and I'm looking for the dolls lined up, front, side, rear views.

2) I am leaning towards the body D "Brooklyn". I saw it a couple years back and it's been on my mind ever since, the reveal picture with the blue and gold bikini hit all my buttons. However during my research I read that RD's cannot be submerged in water due to a rust problem in the neck? Is this true? I thought it was 100% silicone and sealed.

3) Are there *videos* anywhere of the body D? I tried to look at their forums which has a video section, but strangely it's blocked for guests and only owners can look at the videos. I would like to see articulation, softness test(Especially of the much talked about gel buttocks) and skin.

4) The doll would be mostly used as a companion and I found dolls from another manufacturer that comes with a heating system. RD does not have this yet, correct? If so. How do you guys warm your doll to cuddle with? Electric blankets?

Please bombard me with as much knowledge, experiences and pictures/videos as you can. I'm really eyeing the body D, but don't really have much to compare it too. Thank you!

Brick

Re: Thinking about a purchase, need more information

Post by Brick »

I will try and give you as much info as I can :D
1. No, unfortunately there is no side by side comparisons that I am aware of.
2. That is correct, you cannot submerge a RD above the eye bolt hole as water would penetrate the body cavity and cause corrosion.
3. If you go to "Club Realdoll" and look at Doll gallery posts, you will see many pics of the Body D. I have a post in there called "The Body D is Back" its a D with the breast enhancement. No videos of the D, that I know of.
4. I wrap my girls in an electric blanket to keep them toasty warm when I want to cuddle......I have 5 Rd dolls.
In closing, a couple of observations on the Body D and RD's in general.
Body D is very heavy #105 and with enhancement #110, you need to know your limitations!
The Body D IMHO is the most beautiful doll body on the market today!
The realism of the Realdolls is unsurpassed in the sexdoll market today and the durability of these dolls is amazing. If you check my posts on CRD, you will see I pound these dolls and test them every night. Not bragging, just saying! You cannot go wrong with a realdoll purchase, they are running a sale and it has been extended to next week....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

BigCurtis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BigCurtis »

I bet if there was a member with like five RealDolls they might be able to take side by side comparison pics. :lol: :whistle:

With the photo requirements of the For Sale forum, you might be able to go through the sold listings & new listings for RealDolls and get the comparison information you need.

I will say the Body A I have is easier to manuever (lighter) than the shorter TPE doll I have, and I really appreciate it. While I really want a Body D Brooklyn, not sure I want to commit to the additional 30-35lbs over a Body A, both in fitness and laziness aspects :D I do have a Body A enhanced Brooklyn on order, and based on this post HERE I think I will be plenty happy without risking injury.
Friends & Family
Freyja - RealDoll2 Body A Quinn
Gabby - RealDoll2 Hybrid Body A Gabrielle (Classic Face 16)

Brick

Post by Brick »

BigCurtis wrote:I bet if there was a member with like five RealDolls they might be able to take side by side comparison pics. :lol: :whistle:

With the photo requirements of the For Sale forum, you might be able to go through the sold listings & new listings for RealDolls and get the comparison information you need.

I will say the Body A I have is easier to manuever (lighter) than the shorter TPE doll I have, and I really appreciate it. While I really want a Body D Brooklyn, not sure I want to commit to the additional 30-35lbs over a Body A, both in fitness and laziness aspects :D I do have a Body A enhanced Brooklyn on order, and based on this post HERE I think I will be plenty happy without risking injury.
Well, I do have a Body F Standard vs Enhanced post on RD2 forum. And BT4 Standard vs Enhanced post on BT forum :P Just saying :roll:
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

INFORMATIONS