Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

How to fix RD2 broken (dislocated?) hip?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

speed60

How to fix RD2 broken (dislocated?) hip?

Post by speed60 »

Hey all. I have a 2016 RD2, and one hip has become, to best explain it, completely unattached from the socket.

As it is now, I can move the upper leg anywhere I want it, totally freely. It can move any way, in ways it shouldn't be able to move, since it's just in there not attached. I believe I heard a popping noise before I noticed this. Anyone have any info on how to fix this?

Greatly appreciated.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How to fix RD2 broken (dislocated?) hip?

Post by samara78 »

First you will have to get a sharp blade and make a clean cut at the seam line in the hip area. Cut all the way it will be deap. Spread the skin shine a light in there and take pics of the damage share here. You can also contact annette at real dolls via email and send a pic or 2 of the busted hip. She should send you parts for that.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

speed60

Post by speed60 »

Thanks. I'm not home until after the new year, but I will then. Any info on what I may find and what parts or tools, adhesives etc. I may need would be great.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Hey there Speed,

I just wanted to post here to let everyone know that I have been working with you on your dolls hip issue since last evening and that we are talking thru PM's about it. I have repaired 2 body F hip-leg breaks in the past 4-5 weeks and both were broken PVC bone breaks right at the bottom edge of the lower section of the hip joint. There was another leg break that I repaired for Zebo's one doll several months back also and that one was at the ankle but, the same material. I am suspecting at this time that the break in Speed's dolls leg is similar to the dolls that I just repaired and so I will be in contact with him about this when he gets back home to check her as I recommended so we can be more sure of what happened. :)

speed60

Post by speed60 »

dodgeman wrote:Hey there Speed,

I just wanted to post here to let everyone know that I have been working with you on your dolls hip issue since last evening and that we are talking thru PM's about it. I have repaired 2 body F hip-leg breaks in the past 4-5 weeks and both were broken PVC bone breaks right at the bottom edge of the lower section of the hip joint. There was another leg break that I repaired for Zebo's one doll several months back also and that one was at the ankle but, the same material. I am suspecting at this time that the break in Speed's dolls leg is similar to the dolls that I just repaired and so I will be in contact with him about this when he gets back home to check her as I recommended so we can be more sure of what happened. :)
Very much appreciated. I feel so helpless. Glad experts like you are around.

INFORMATIONS