Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

I've done it!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: I've done it!

Post by Pron »

Which company will deliver the crate to your house and how much did it cost extra?
Do they do all the papers for customs etc. for you?
You could tell her it's a silicone sculpture. ;-)

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

Hi djcdoll
Yes, we live upstairs, 3rd floor. Luckily there is an elevator.
However, there’s no room in our apartment for that huge crate.
I’ll have the freight company take the crate down in our tiny cellar and “de-crate” Tanya there.
I’m thinking of sitting her on an office chair and wheel her into the elevator to take her up to our apartment. Then I’ll need to carry her up the spiral staircase to her room. I guess I'll need the help of my wife for that.
Marcus

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

Pron wrote:Which company will deliver the crate to your house and how much did it cost extra?
Do they do all the papers for customs etc. for you?
You could tell her it's a silicone sculpture. ;-)
Hi Pron
The company is FIEGE, I guess you've heard of them.
They'll do all the paperwork and delivery to my place.
That will cost me approx. 250.- € (that's without import taxes MWSt)
Now that's not much!

Funny thing though:
I thought I would have to find a freight company to do this, and already called such a company.
Then I got a phone call from FIEGE. They had the order from Abyss to handle this shipment and just needed the confirmation that I will be paying for it.

Looks good! Can't wait!

Marcus

PS: Don't think I'll tell my mother-in-law it's a silicon sculpture, that WOULD raise some questions :-)
I told the freight company that though.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

MarcusM wrote:Hi djcdoll
Yes, we live upstairs, 3rd floor. Luckily there is an elevator.
However, there’s no room in our apartment for that huge crate.
I’ll have the freight company take the crate down in our tiny cellar and “de-crate” Tanya there.
I’m thinking of sitting her on an office chair and wheel her into the elevator to take her up to our apartment. Then I’ll need to carry her up the spiral staircase to her room. I guess I'll need the help of my wife for that.
Marcus
Ah okay, that sounds like a good plan.
Have you thought of a new name for your girl, or are you going to stick with Tanya?

You could tell your mother-in-law that the box is some exercise equipment or furniture?

I've been saving up for ages and I'm now getting serious about ordering my own RealDoll2 Body F Tanya. I'm not quite there yet, but soon. :D
I've joined ClubRealDoll (same username as here) to get some ideas and information.
I've been trying to work out the logistics of owning my own Tanya and I think it can work even in my small house.
Mostly she'll have to live upstairs in my house so I have to think about how to safely get her up and down stairs. :?

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

djcdoll wrote: Have you thought of a new name for your girl, or are you going to stick with Tanya?
Yes! Her name will be Adora.
djcdoll wrote: You could tell your mother-in-law that the box is some exercise equipment or furniture?
Hmm, somehow I don't think she'll believe that.
Besides, she has a key to our apartment :-(
So she'll miss the furniture or the exercise stuff. But with all my tec equipment she wouldn't notice that.

Marcus

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

MarcusM wrote:
djcdoll wrote: Have you thought of a new name for your girl, or are you going to stick with Tanya?
Yes! Her name will be Adora.

Marcus
That's a good name! :D
Good luck for the weekend and the Monday arrival of Adora. Let us know how you get on. :thumbs_up:

sam treadwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sam treadwell »

MarcusM wrote:Then I’ll need to carry her up the spiral staircase to her room. I guess I'll need the help of my wife for that.
Marcus
Yeah, you’re definitely going to need some help Marcus. I think that my crate weighed 63.5kgs (140lbs). But it’s not just the weight, but the awkwardness of the huge crate. Ideally, someone other than your wife would be helping, but I understand that options are limited in such a situation. Be careful with your back when lifting her out of the crate, especially if the crate is lying flat, rather than upright, as this can present a hazard in and of itself.

I’d consider dismantling the crate and keeping it if at all possible. The crates that these dolls come in are far too nice to dispose of in my opinion. And someday if you move to a more spacious place, you can use the crate for storage.

I’ve been watching this thread with great curiosity, and hope it all works out for you.

Sam

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

Hi Sam
sam treadwell wrote:
Yeah, you’re definitely going to need some help Marcus. I think that my crate weighed 63.5kgs (140lbs). But it’s not just the weight, but the awkwardness of the huge crate. Ideally, someone other than your wife would be helping, but I understand that options are limited in such a situation. Be careful with your back when lifting her out of the crate, especially if the crate is lying flat, rather than upright, as this can present a hazard in and of itself.

I’d consider dismantling the crate and keeping it if at all possible. The crates that these dolls come in are far too nice to dispose of in my opinion. And someday if you move to a more spacious place, you can use the crate for storage.

I’ve been watching this thread with great curiosity, and hope it all works out for you.

Sam
The crate will be transported by the freight company to my cellar, so I don't have to handle that weight (I believe it's approx. 220 lb / 100 kg with the body F inside).
The crate will be standing, as there's no room in my tiny cellar to lay it flat.
I'll need my wife to help me carry Tanya up the spiral staircase to the guest room in our apartment, e.g. I'll hold Tanya under her armpits and my wife will carry her legs, or something like that. (That is, if I can get my wife to help me at all.)
Without some help from my wife I think I might damage Tanya.
Marcus

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

Hi djcdoll
djcdoll wrote: That's a good name! :D
Good luck for the weekend and the Monday arrival of Adora. Let us know how you get on. :thumbs_up:
Thanks!
I'm getting quite nervous. Got no idea how this is going to turn out....

How will my wife react when Tanya arrives and she sees that beauty?
Will she hate me for this? We she eventually accept this situation?
It's hard to forsee....

Only thing I know: she is not going easy with this situation.
And talking about a doll arriving, and actually seeing it are two completely different things.

At the moment she is pretty calm and doesn't talk about Tanya, although she knows damn well that Tanya will arrive in the next few days....

Marcus

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

I think my Adora (Tanya) is going to be rather expensive.

I've been out shopping for her. I mean, she’ll arrive here only with hand luggage, so she needs some things to wear.

OMG, I spent 5 or 6 hundred bucks for clothes in the last few days.
Trousers, leggings, bras, slips, tops, dresses, sexy underwear, stockings…. You name it.

I mean, she does need something to wear when she arrives. I can’t let my girl be naked all the time, can I?

Just hope the things will fit :-)

In one of the shops I asked for assistance. That was for the bras and slips. The woman was very friendly and helpfull. She was delighted that a man goes out shopping for his "wife" :-). That was a very nice experience. She was somehow surprised when I gave her the "dimensions" I needed for Adora (the body F). Don't know if she believed me it's for my wife :). However, she helped me find some beautifull things for Adora, I'm sure they will fit.

Marcus

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

MarcusM wrote:I think my Adora (Tanya) is going to be rather expensive.

I've been out shopping for her. I mean, she’ll arrive here only with hand luggage, so she needs some things to wear.

Trousers, leggings, bras, slips, tops, dresses, sexy underwear, stockings…. You name it.

I mean, she does need something to wear when she arrives. I can’t let my girl be naked all the time, can I?

Just hope the things will fit :-)

In one of the shops I asked for assistance. That was for the bras and slips. The woman was very friendly and helpfull. She was delighted that a man goes out shopping for his "wife" :-). That was a very nice experience. She was somehow surprised when I gave her the "dimensions" I needed for Adora (the body F). Don't know if she believed me it's for my wife :). However, she helped me find some beautifull things for Adora, I'm sure they will fit.
Marcus
Hi Marcus,
Your underwear shopping experience in a real shop made me smile! Did you show the shop assistant a photo of Adora? :lol:

Once you know the clothes sizes and brands that fit Adora best you can probably buy them cheaper online on places like eBay or Amazon.
Unless you actually like venturing out into the lions dens of womens clothing shops!

Don't forget that a bra size in one lingerie brand may actually be a different fit to the SAME size in a different brand.
That's why real girls like to try them on in the shop before buying, but that's a bit difficult with Adora. :D

Another thought just struck me, at some point in the future IF your real wife comes round to accepting Adora, she might actually help you with getting clothes for Adora?
You never know, but don't push it yet!! :lol:

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

djcdoll wrote: Hi Marcus,
Your underwear shopping experience in a real shop made me smile! Did you show the shop assistant a photo of Adora? :lol:

Once you know the clothes sizes and brands that fit Adora best you can probably buy them cheaper online on places like eBay or Amazon.
Unless you actually like venturing out into the lions dens of womens clothing shops!

Don't forget that a bra size in one lingerie brand may actually be a different fit to the SAME size in a different brand.
That's why real girls like to try them on in the shop before buying, but that's a bit difficult with Adora. :D

Another thought just struck me, at some point in the future IF your real wife comes round to accepting Adora, she might actually help you with getting clothes for Adora?
You never know, but don't push it yet!! :lol:
No, I didn't show any pics of my Tanya (aka Adora), but I guess I'll do that the next time. Here the sales girls/women - (sorry, people) - are pretty calm with things like a doll.
Next time I'll show them a pic of Adora - but I'm pretty sure this woman knew exactly what I needed. :-)
Things seem to be real easy here. The women in the shops perfectly accept a man having a doll, and really what to help finding the right things.

I can really think that my wife at some time in the future will help me buy some nice clothes for Tanya.
I could also imagine that my wife might be attacted by Tanya (aka Adora) at some point in the future too....
But that's a hard guess right now.

Marcus

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

Ahh, one thing I forgot to say:

Shopping as a man in a womans lingery departement has something!
You are accepted! You are - if you want to buy something for your wife/fiancee - someone special!

You really get good and helpfull attendance.

Try it, you'll be surprised!

Marcus

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

MarcusM wrote:I think my Adora (Tanya) is going to be rather expensive.

WOW.

MarcusM

Post by MarcusM »

It's getting bad again. My wife found the talkum powder I bought for my Tanya. So she knows I'm going though with this.
That ended in a terrible row.

INFORMATIONS