sexyrealsexdolls.com

Recent posts goes wonky if I log out.

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Recent posts goes wonky if I log out.

Post by IanEvans »

I got a PM through Caley's account, so I had to log out and log into that account to check it, but when I logged back in as me and checked the all recent posts page, I got this:
recentpostspage.jpg
recentpostspage.jpg (435.27 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
The frak?

Meanwhile, the doll posts only page is normal, so I have to wonder... :?

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Recent posts goes wonky if I log out.

Post by Nescio50 »

Me too :(
This happens all the time when logging out and logging in with another (doll) account and then logging out and logging in again.
You'll see only recent posts made after your doll logged out :?
I tried what happened if I deleted cookies (from FireFox), but that doesn't change anything.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Well, the recent posts is basically, all the posts that were made since your last log-in. So if you log out, and log in a few minutes later, you'll only get the posts made in that time period.
That's why I use the "Unread posts" link at the top right, that will keep showing all the posts I haven't seen yet, and it doesn't matter if I log out.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

AlexKnight wrote:Well, the recent posts is basically, all the posts that were made since your last log-in. So if you log out, and log in a few minutes later, you'll only get the posts made in that time period.
That's why I use the "Unread posts" link at the top right, that will keep showing all the posts I haven't seen yet, and it doesn't matter if I log out.
Okay, it's happened again. Any way it can just be fixed, instead of offering alternatives that aren't what we want? :roll:

Now, I've noticed that the Doll Posts Only page doesn't do this, so it's particularly irritating if I've been following threads in the Open Forum et al. Also, Dolls Only still includes the old feature that lets you customize how many days' or weeks' worth of posts you wish to see. Why doesn't the All Recent Posts page still have this? Can't it be fixed so that both pages are the same (minus the tiny handful of subforums missing from the one)?

Another issue that I'd like to see addressed: every so often I'll go to open the Recent Posts page, or check the results of a poll, or try to enter the Meeting Group forum, whatever, and it asks me to log in again. Not every time, just occasionally. But then when I do, all the recent posts show as unread. This too is a pain in the ass as I don't memorize the titles of all the threads I've visited, so I'd rather not waste my time having to look at every thread to see if I've already viewed it. And of course, this affects the Unread Posts feature as well and thus renders it useless since it shows every single post made in the last two months. :?

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

It can't be fixed, because it isn't broken.

As I said, "All recent posts" shows all the posts made since your last log-in... so, even if there are 20 threads in there, once you log out, and then log in again, it will only show the posts that were made in that small time-period, meaning little to none.

"Recent doll posts only" is simply a reworked version of the "All Active Topics" link, that's why it shows the time feature, and also, why it doesn't clear the list. It shows active topics over a specific time.

That last issue hasn't happened to me, so it's hard to say what causes it. It's probably not related to the forum itself, but more a local problem.
My guess is, somehow, the session gets aborted by the browser, and then forgets the pages you've been to.

What browser are you using?

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

If you wanna get technical with the terminology, fine. The Most Recent Posts page used to function exactly as the Doll Posts Only page now does. I never had these problems before the Doll Posts page was added. I could log out and then log back in, and the MRP page would look exactly the same as before (except for any additional posts that might've appeared). So I am requesting that the MRP be changed ( :roll: ) to be like it originally was, and like the Dolls Only page now is. Are you saying that it somehow can't be done? :?

And to the other issue, my browser is Safari, but I don't see why that matters. I've never found myself spontaneously logged out when on Yahoo, or eBay, or my bank's website, or any of the guitar parts suppliers' sites where I have accounts. It only happens on TDF, which leads me to believe it's a glitch in the Forum software that should thus be addressed.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Ipads or Iphones using Safari also have problems with the forum, with the upload function to be precise, but once they switched to Opera, all problems were gone.
So, IMO, Safari isn't the greatest of browsers.

You say, this hasn't happened anywhere else, but doing a search on Google with "safari losing login", revealed this, among others:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/18 ... 0&tstart=0

So, it's definitely a problem Safari has... and not just with TDF.

My advice would be to try a different browser, like Opera, and see if the problems exist there as well.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

NotMyName wrote:If you wanna get technical with the terminology, fine. The Most Recent Posts page used to function exactly as the Doll Posts Only page now does.
If you mean this on the forum homepage:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
That's correct, because that link used to go to the "All Active Topics" area of the forum. The actual "Recent Posts" link wasn't used on the forum homepage buttons, just like the "Unread Posts" link isn't used on there.

The link on that button was changed, so it went to the actual Recent Posts page, and the original "Active Topics" link was changed so only doll related posts are shown.
So, again, there's nothing that can be fixed, other than going back to how it originally was, but that's probably not going to happen.

I'm sorry to say, but, you're going to have to live with this, or do as I do, and use the Unread Posts area.

INFORMATIONS