Farewell PapaBear

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Farewell PapaBear

Post by Lemminkainen »

Today, Shimu3z reported the news that PapaBear has passed. She and his sister stayed by his side through his journey to his passing. They are the personifications of love and compassion.

He reflected with grace and strength in his own words: " I have been thinking about the process of leaving this world for a long time now and have some peace knowing the end may be in sight, so don't be so sad. This forum and the friends I have made here have been a great joy in my life. - PapaBear"

PapaBear has been and will always be a part of us.

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Farewell PapaBear

Post by havefun »

:cry: I will miss PapaBear, If it hadn't been for Him in the beginning of me being here I would have not made all the friends I have made here! You'll always be in my thoughts PB!!

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Papa Bear was a very dear, considerate man. I've made a point of thanking people for their kindness, and I think this is an appropriate time to share an exchange we had over PM. One never knows when the end will come, what will be the last post, PM or chat with someone you respect or admire. In my life, I have been taken for granted and/or taken advantage of many times and I make an effort never to do that to others. Papa Bear was also such a person.
2013-05-04 PM from me to Papa Bear.jpg
2013-05-04 PM from me to Papa Bear.jpg (96.69 KiB) Viewed 7604 times
2013-05-04 PM from Papa Bear to me.jpg
2013-05-04 PM from Papa Bear to me.jpg (37.27 KiB) Viewed 7604 times
If someone has done something that has touched you, I encourage you to reach out and express your feelings. I know it's not always easy. Acknowledge them, thank them, whatever feels right, just let them know. You can be the bright spot in someone's day. I think it's what Papa Bear would want you to do.

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

PapaBear will certainly be missed.

Let there be comfort in that he is finally free of his suffering now. Shimu and his sister have been great and brave for him as well, and that should not be forgotten.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

My condolences to Papa Bears family, and to you as well Shimu3z. He'll be missed.

The grey rain-curtain of this world has rolled back and all has turned to silver glass, with white shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise. (quote by JRR Tolkien)

He's in a better place now.

Rest in peace.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Darn..... TDF won't be the same without him.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

awww... :( that is very sad news. He was a kind man, and I adored his musings on TDF over the years. He will forever be in my thoughts. My condolences to his family, I'm sending healing thoughts their way.

xo to you PapaBear.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

...Wow.. I don't know him at all on a personal level, but I recall having seen his coming back post not too long ago. It's sad how quickly someone can disappear..

A moment of silence.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

Thank you , Lemm, for starting this. I didn't think to do that. I appreciate it.

This was from PB to ME : "Thank you darling, I love you too... on and off of the forum!!"

He was an amazing human man. I know many of you on TDF loved and appreciated him. He always loved every one and found the Forum to have some amazing people. When he knew the end was near he asked me to be sure that I kept everyone on the Forum informed. I tried to do so. He was only in Hospice for 3 weeks. He was ready.

Soft Kitty from The Big Bang Theory helped him pass. He would love knowing that so many were touched by him as he was a very humble individual.

Love,
Shimu
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

What a really nice guy he was.....

I think we all were touched by his goodness and strength...

Facing death is a very hard thing to do as I have been doing the same for a long time now..

Watching him face it has helped me a great deal..

If there is indeed a Heaven then he will surly be there waiting for us all to join him..

It was an Honor to know you the little that I did PapaBear may peace be with you my friend...

Christine, Julianna, Trixie, Selene, Fluffy, Han's, Freddie, Louie and the rest of the Clan here.....

Secrert Agent Pink will now do a salute in her own way.....

:snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile: :snipersmile:

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

So sorry to hear this news,...

I hope he is with family and friends looking down and laughing at us mere mortals.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by LadyPeridot »

I'll miss his presence here.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13760

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I'm sorry. My sincere condolences to PB's family and Shimu3z (who may be considered his family too).

We all will miss you PB!

:(

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

I've missed his wit and wisdom for some time now. Just a little sadder knowing it's final now. Glad he's not hurting anymore.
Shimu3z, you've been a champ through out this time; "thanks" don't seem like enough, but please know it is heartfelt.
Christine wrote:Facing death is a very hard thing to do as I have been doing the same for a long time now..
Watching him face it has helped me a great deal.

My wishes for better health/remission/whatever you need, Christine. I hope you'll stay with us for a long while.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Farewell Papa Bear. It was great to know you on the forum, and you will be sadly missed by many. May you have a wonderful afterlife in the great beyond.
Cheers! :glou: To the life you lived and the blessings you gave to the people who knew you.

RIP,
Joe Bin

P.S. I also give my warmest condolences to Papa Bears Family and closest friends.

INFORMATIONS