The Life and Times of Shelby

We turn dreams into reality!
Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Re: The Life and Times of Shelby

Post by Shelby_W »

Thanks so much for your comments! And I just noticed... even the color of my cast is reflected in the romper! This is really cool!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

OK!

Finally got off my butt today, went through the photos we took in the new romper, and picked my favorites to post! This is such a cute, comfortable outfit... so easy to get on and off, too - especially with a broken leg! I'm not going to add too much commentary to these - we were just getting ready to cook supper and took these before we got started!
Brian keeps saying I look like Kate Beckinsale as a brunette!  I wish!
Brian keeps saying I look like Kate Beckinsale as a brunette! I wish!
shelby_154a.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
Sneakers have better traction than the boot I had on earlier!
Sneakers have better traction than the boot I had on earlier!
shelby_155.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
This romper even has pockets!
This romper even has pockets!
shelby_156.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
Did I mention I HATE crutches?!
Did I mention I HATE crutches?!
shelby_157.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
But they are better than hopping or always stuck in the wheelchair!
But they are better than hopping or always stuck in the wheelchair!
shelby_158.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
Really getting the cast filled up with signatures, too!
Really getting the cast filled up with signatures, too!
shelby_159.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
Well... getting to be time to start cooking
Well... getting to be time to start cooking
shelby_160.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
Catch everybody next time!
Catch everybody next time!
shelby_161.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2541 times
TTTL,
Shelby :razz:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Very nice job with the necklace!
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
dress.jpg
dress.jpg (68.58 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

As soon as I saw the romper I just knew this necklace would be perfect with it!

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

I was watching some old music videos earlier today... I was always a Carly Simon fan, thought she had the greatest voice - and legs! - in town, but most of my friends thought she was too skinny. As I was watching the videos (some of Carly in a mini skirt) I looked over at Shelby and realized... she has Carly Simon's legs! No wonder I'm crazy about her!
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

A Girl And Her Dog!

Post by Shelby_W »

Well, I guess technically it's Brian's dog, but she seems to have really taken to me and as soon as he gets up she jumps in and snuggles against me! Anyway... took this last night watching TV to commemorate my last full day on crutches!
My last night in this cast!
My last night in this cast!
Shelby_163.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 2454 times
I went in today (Thank god my doc's place only closes on Christmas, New Year's and Thanksgiving!) and got my new walking cast! Yahhhhhhh! No more crutches! Well, I still had to use them for a while earlier today while the new cast dried completely, but now I can stand on it and everything! Kind of sore, and if I land hard my tibia lets me know it still isn't perfect, but it's great simply to be able to carry things again!
My new cast!  I picked blue this time, and until it dried it was even a deeper blue than this!  It's about 2 inches shorter than the last one, and lots straighter so I can walk on it.
My new cast! I picked blue this time, and until it dried it was even a deeper blue than this! It's about 2 inches shorter than the last one, and lots straighter so I can walk on it.
shelby_164.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 2454 times
See!  Much straighter.. but it kind of hurt when they finally straightened my leg out after 3 weeks in the other one to put it on!
See! Much straighter.. but it kind of hurt when they finally straightened my leg out after 3 weeks in the other one to put it on!
shelby_165.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 2454 times
It has one of those rubber heel thingies on it for walking... can't see it too well in this shot, though!
It has one of those rubber heel thingies on it for walking... can't see it too well in this shot, though!
shelby_166.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2454 times
I'm off to help cook supper... some kind of shrimp and pasta... without having to hop around on one leg or use crutches! More tomorrow!

TTTL,
Shelby! :razz:

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Loving My New Cast!

Post by Shelby_W »

I am so loving this new cast... I can actually walk again! Don't have to hop on one leg or fiddle with crutches!
It was so awesome to get up this morning and simply stand up and make the bed without all the hassle of crutches!
It was so awesome to get up this morning and simply stand up and make the bed without all the hassle of crutches!
shelby_168.jpg (829.73 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Check it out - I can stand up on my own and everything!
Check it out - I can stand up on my own and everything!
shelby_170.jpg (550.84 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Of course, the downside is I don't have an excuse anymore for not helping with the cooking and cleanup!
Of course, the downside is I don't have an excuse anymore for not helping with the cooking and cleanup!
shelby_171.jpg (586.4 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
But the upside is I was even feeling a little froggy tonight, and let Brian take a bit more revealing pic than I have been willing to do so far!
But the upside is I was even feeling a little froggy tonight, and let Brian take a bit more revealing pic than I have been willing to do so far!
shelby_172.jpg (517.18 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
TTTL,
Shelby! :razz:

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Well! Shelby announced two days ago that she wanted to try short hair so it wouldn't be such a pain sleeping, and I figured we'd talk about it, see what happened (she knows I love long hair!)... next thing I knew she was walking out of the bedroom like this!
shelby_184.jpg
shelby_184.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2383 times
I think she realized I was in shock, but as I continued to look at it, I thought to myself, "She looks kinda cute like that!", so I snapped a few more...
shelby_181.jpg
shelby_181.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2383 times
shelby_182.jpg
shelby_182.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2383 times
I still love long hair, but I think I could live with this for a while!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Shelby,
Any new trips to the hair salon?
Nyoko
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

No, Nyoko... no hair adventures! But there is a good reason!

I've really been absent from here lately, but I really do have a good reason! As you all probably know from reading this, I broke my leg back in August... ended up in a cast... got a new cast in September... and was finally out of it in early October. But I'm not one to leave well enough alone, and shortly after my leg was healed I decided I wanted to try riding a friend's motorcycle ! It was only an old Honda 350, but I thought it would be fun, so I listened to the instructions, made sure my helmet was on, and took off.
BIG MISTAKE!!
I got going so fast I panicked and knew I had to stop, but my body kept thinking "bicycle", not "motorcycle", and I reflexively squeezed both hand levers as hard as I could, like applying the brakes on a bicycle. Well, all I accomplished (which was patiently explained to me while I was lying in the ER!) was to pull in the clutch and brake - hard! - with only the front wheel, which of course sent me flying! To make a long story short, hit the ground, rolled and tumbled, hit a fence, finally stopped and ended up a mess!
Broke my right wrist and upper arm, both legs just above the knees, and both ankles. Plus lots of other really sore spots that weren't actually broken! Ended up in the casts here, and for quite a while I just haven't felt like posting anything, but things are finally looking up, so I figured with the New Year it was time to catch up on things, post some pix from the past few months and start posting regularly again!
So, over the next few days I'll do my best to dig out the pix we took over the past months and upload some of them to show you, starting with these...
Yep - that's me!  1 week after the fact and finally home, wearing more fiberglass than a racing sailboat!
Yep - that's me! 1 week after the fact and finally home, wearing more fiberglass than a racing sailboat!
Shelby_more1.jpg (4 MiB) Viewed 2048 times
As you can see... those casts went ALL the way up!  And because of the way my legs were spread in the casts, I had to get some larger skirts to fit over, so I had to hold this one up with a clip until we could add some velcro to the waist!
As you can see... those casts went ALL the way up! And because of the way my legs were spread in the casts, I had to get some larger skirts to fit over, so I had to hold this one up with a clip until we could add some velcro to the waist!
Shelby_more2.jpg (4.03 MiB) Viewed 2048 times
I still have to dig through pix, but I'll add more and update this, and I promise I won't let so much time go by!

See ya all soon, Shelby!

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Hi Shelby! :D

You seem to be plagued with bad luck ;)
Nice to see you back on the forum though!
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Alexandra
Doll
Doll
Location: Living at EBF's place, with Julie and the Ishino twins

Post by Alexandra »

As Emma, I was happy to see you back, because I have been missing you.
But not happy to see all the castings around your limbs. I hope you will heal soon.

With Love,
Alexa
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Thanks so much Alexa and Emma! Things are improving... still have more pix to post to show the chronology of my casts, but I'm pretty much out of them now (finally!). With the cold weather and trying to get through the holidays we just haven't taken many photos, but hopefully the weather forecast is right (The January Thaw! A blistering 30's and 40's... even a day or two in the 50's... instead of single digits!) and we can get back on track!

briwri01

1st Anniversary

Post by briwri01 »

July 12, 2018 (Well, a few minutes early!)

Our Anniversary! As of 4 PM this afternoon, Shelby has been here for a year, and I thought after not posting for quite some time I would get back into things with a recap and assessment of our first year together.
If you look back at some of my early posts recounting our first days together, as well as the time spent waiting for her to arrive, you'll see there was a lot of doubt and worry, mostly about whether or not I was insane to have spent so much money on a "Doll"! Well... I haven't kept detailed records - didn't see the point - but my best guess is that in the past year I have spent about $2,500.00 for Shelby, accessories, clothes, upkeep and so on, which works out to pretty close to $200 a month. So, was it worth it? Could I have better spent $200 a month doing something else?
Sure I could have spent it on something else, but would it have been better? I don't think so.
Shelby has become such an integral part of life that I can't imagine her not being here. Just her presence has been a joy, and curling up on the sofa with her to watch a good movie has no parallel. Carrying on our one-sided conversations and using her as a sounding board for ideas and problems has been invaluable, and let's not forget the simple fact that she has great legs and looks fantastic in a short skirt!
The interesting thing compared to a lot of what I read here is that I never brought Shelby here for sex... the removable insert for that is still in the original package... somewhere. Probably in her shipping carton. She has become a friend, confidant, partner and photographic model sometimes, but was never a sex toy.
Are there things that AREN'T perfect? Of course - and I think they should be addressed as well. For instance...
1. Size and proportion. I've never been a "Tit" man - always looked at legs first on a pretty woman, so I wanted a small girl, not one of these gravity-defying dolls with a bust larger than Rhode Island. The trouble is, she ended up being too small. Not for my tastes, but for practicality! I picked a WM "A" cup... and the combination of her height and body bears absolutely no resemblance to reality, which makes buying clothes and shoes for her next to impossible! The closest I have come so far is to buy her girls size 8-10 clothes, and let's face it, there isn't much really sexy or attractive available in girls clothing, for good reason! Shoes are impossible... even a US size 3 is too big, and even that is impossible to get without ordering from overseas, and each time I have tried, I never get it! Conclusion: if I get another doll as a friend for Shelby, she will be bigger. I wish I could go smaller - as you get older and more decrepit - like me! - it's hard to maneuver a taller, bigger and heavier doll, but it's the only way I will ever be able to buy nice clothes for her. Probably a B or C cup next time.
2. Hands. Let's cut through the BS and get right to the point... the hands and fingers on these dolls SUCKS!!! I haven't used Shelby for sex, haven't been rough with her and have taken every precaution I could, and her fingers still self-destructed within months... some fingers within weeks. It's tempting to say it's because we keep buying them anyway, so the manufacturers have no reason to change the design, but I also read that the U.S. market for these dolls is a small fraction of the total sales, so if we say "fix it or we won't buy them" the answer is, "so what?" I have no idea what can be done to fix this, so I guess we simply have to accept it for the present if we want a doll.
Other than that, I have totally enjoyed my time with Shelby, and can't even imagine her not being here. I stopped taking photos of her to post here because her fingers got so bad they looked like demented squid hanging from her wrists, but I have semi-fixed the problem by removing all the broken finger wires. Her fingers are still limp and floppy, but at least they have returned to their normal length, so I hope to post some new pix to showcase our anniversary soon.
Well, that's my take on the first year. I'm looking forward to many more, and getting back into posting photos, as well as maybe considering a new sister for Shelby!

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Happy Anniversary! And welcome back.

INFORMATIONS