Starpery.com

Dollhouse: a cooler that's warmer

Got an idea? Need an invention?
CrazzyFapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Dollhouse: a cooler that's warmer

Post by CrazzyFapper »

So I have a Busty Aichan(a pair, really) and a Venus Real. They feel very real, but the cold feeling is really a turn-off. I have a heater I can insert into Venus Real, but I find it sometimes making the inside too hot that I'm worried it might melt the TPE. And I have no solution for heating the Busty Aichan except putting it in warm water. But it's tedious and usually can take 20mins or more(and you have to change the water when it gets cold). And finally, no methods provides precise temp control. I mean, how do you know the water is 40C?

So I made myself a thermostatic storage. Currently I set the temperature at 40C(104F, for backwards Americans), and the realtime temperature is kept between 39.68C-40.25C. That's very precise!

So anyway, here is how I made it. It requires some knowledge of digiital controlling circuit, and introductory level of programming(C or C++). Really I don't expect you able to make one after reading this, so pretty much I'm just bragging. :-)

Needed material:
- $22. A cooler with water drain. The drain is used to pass the wire. If the cooler doesn't have a hole, you will have to drill one yourself. Make sure the space is enough for your toys.
- $7. An Arduino Mega. (other microcontroller will be fine, the computation task is light). Note the arduino is rated at 9v(recommended), so you will need a buck to convert the voltage.
- $6. Two CPU fans. Just the cheapest type, we are hardcore fuckers not hardcore gamers. Note the fans are often rated at 12V so you will need a buck to convert the voltage.
- $4. Two PTC(Positive Temperature Coefficient) heater. I bought two 24V 40W that's conditioned at 140C. Note the following:
- the size of the PTC: should be the size of a CPU, or the half of that. So you can put the PTC between two CPU fans.
- the conditioned temperature: PTC is designed to maintain a consistent temp. There is 60C, 80C, 140C. etc. The selection is complex so I recommend you buy each of them. Please don't use PTC higher than 140C for your safety.
- $8. Power adapter. Convert 110V AC to 24V DC, or whatever fits your heater.
- $2. two DS18B20 temperature sensors. I use two and take the higher reading, again, for safety reasons. A sensor might go wrong sometime(very rarely, but happens) and returns a wrong reading. So the PTC will keep heating the cooler until it burns down your house. Two sensors go wrong at the same time is very unlikely.
- $1 a MOSFET to control on/off the PTCs.
- $2 two bucks, for converting 24V to 12V(for fans) and 9v(for arduino).
- $5 Wires, breadboard, resistors, and other stuff.

Totally cost: $57. Very cheap!

some final pics:

I added a LCD screen. The large figure is the realtime temperature. The three smaller figures means the average load of the heater in the recent 1min, 4min, 16min, respectively. For example, for the 52% of the last minutes, the heater is on. This can serve as a indication of the "real temperature", because the bigger figure is just the temp of the air.

Space Cowboy

Re: Dollhouse: a cooler that's warmer

Post by Space Cowboy »

Wow this is impressive. I've done something similar using consumer products. This temperature sensor regulates any device you plug into it, like a heater. $30 for it and $15 for a little heater:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V4TJR00

250 watt heater
Honeywell HCE100B Heat Bud Ceramic Heater

Yours is more customizable so props for that!
:glou:

CrazzyFapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrazzyFapper »

EQ8t wrote:Wow this is impressive. I've done something similar using consumer products. This temperature sensor regulates any device you plug into it, like a heater. $30 for it and $15 for a little heater:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V4TJR00

250 watt heater
Honeywell HCE100B Heat Bud Ceramic Heater

Yours is more customizable so props for that!
:glou:
Yeah this would be much easier for other people. But this has only one sensors, which adds to the failure rate; also the metal exterior slows down the sensor's response time; so the thermostatic may not be as responsive. Also, I programmed my device myself, this allows infinite customizations. Say smarter algorithm to control the temp.

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

I have a Meiki Plush DX that I'd like to attach Aichans or Quty Tits to using a nursing bra. Rather than taking the breasts on/off I'd like to be able to place the entire doll in something to heat it up. The Honeywell Heater + temperature regulator seems like it might work. Any suggestions on a container that could take an entire Meiki DX?

Maybe if there was a big enough food delivery bag? But I don't think they come longer than 23".

CrazzyFapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrazzyFapper »

wackyphill wrote:I have a Meiki Plush DX that I'd like to attach Aichans or Quty Tits to using a nursing bra. Rather than taking the breasts on/off I'd like to be able to place the entire doll in something to heat it up. The Honeywell Heater + temperature regulator seems like it might work. Any suggestions on a container that could take an entire Meiki DX?

Maybe if there was a big enough food delivery bag? But I don't think they come longer than 23".
I don't know... Maybe you can search on amazon for a bigger cooler?

jonn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jonn »

You'll really need a big cooler to fit an entire Meiki Plush and a heater and not have the heater be too close to the doll.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

wackyphill wrote:I have a Meiki Plush DX that I'd like to attach Aichans or Quty Tits to using a nursing bra. Rather than taking the breasts on/off I'd like to be able to place the entire doll in something to heat it up. The Honeywell Heater + temperature regulator seems like it might work. Any suggestions on a container that could take an entire Meiki DX?
1. Go to a hardware store and buy some foamboard insulation. Make sure it's not flammable!
2. Cut to size.
3. Duct tape it together.

wackyphill
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wackyphill »

Interesting idea. I was also wondering if this could be made to work

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Sportsmans ... footlocker

Or..maybe I'm making it more complex than need be. Perhaps a heating blanket would be better. I just need a way to make sure it never gets too warm.

dollguy22

Post by dollguy22 »

A sunbeam electric blanket will work for all you heating needs and won't be to hot against the doll. I use one for my Sili doll Anna and shes almost better than the real thing.

somethingrandom

Post by somethingrandom »

I was going to suggest a heating blanket, but wasn't sure if it was safe or not. Glad to see other people suggesting it.

INFORMATIONS