teddy-babes.com

New to this - Considering Teddy Babe

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: New to this - Considering Teddy Babe

Post by JackieTreehorn »

When you say a Teddy Babe OR a fabric doll... well a Teddy Babe is a fabric doll. What is the other doll you were considering? The "Big Three" of fabric dolls are Teddy Babes, Textile Dolls, and Happy Dolls.

While I can't say from personal experience comparing them (I only have a Teddy Babe), the general consensus is that the Teddy Babe is the cuddliest. I can't imagine anything cuddlier than mine, so it makes sense. Sleeping with them is amazing.

Some of the advantages of the others I suppose is that Textile Dolls look more realistic- especially in the face. Although their heads are hard, which is one of the things I didn't like. I didn't want to clunk heads in the middle of the night, lol. Happy Dolls have two kinds of heads available. The originals are the ones with the huge Japanese cartoon eyes. Not really my thing, although they do have a certain cuteness about them. You can also get a realistic silicone head though that looks pretty good. I remember seeing them on a vendor website and not being overly impressed, but after seeing pictures of people who have them I think it's a pretty good face.

There's other things too, skeletal differences, their "skin" all kinds of things if you research. A lot of people don't like the wire skeleton of a Teddy Babe, but personally I kind of do. Since she doesn't have joints she can just wrap around you. I know at some point, years down the road (hopefully) a wire will break and I'll have to fix it, but they're still about the lowest maintenance doll around- and easiest to repair as well.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

go for a TB.
maybe deluxe
Im so happy with my 2 dolls.

before I have blow up but they wasnt so cuddly.

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi WallyDog84,

first of all, welcome to the forum ! Let me assure you, you won't regret purchasing a Teddy babe. These dolls are simply gorgeous and cuddling monsters and warm you in the night. I like spooning with one of my plushy babes in the cozy bed and squeezing her spicy tits and ass. Furthermore waking up with her in the morning is an experience I can only recommend.

Cheers,
Grasowka
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

JackieTreehorn - Yes, the other I was considering would be the Textile Doll type. The hard head does strike me as an inconvenience, and I guess my main concern with them is the way the "skin" works... I'd hate to cause a snag or run because of a hang nail or something silly like that. I do like some of the realistic heads, and even the anime ones aren't bad (admittedly an otaku though, so y'know, different strokes XD ), but yeah - the most important thing to me at this point is the snuggle factor... Which, yeah, I'm gathering TBs will win that contest every time!
Long Days And Pleasant Nights

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
samara78 wrote:What's better then one teddybabe? Two teddybabes lol.
Indeed! :D This can be one of the biggest problems with Teddy Babes. I already have two and was seriously considering getting a third during the recent sale. It's like if you let one move in, then she will try to move some of her sisters in. Pretty soon your house will be overrun with Teddy Babes! 8O
This is so true.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Another awesome thing about Teddy Babes is that you can put them in black where tpe dolls stain.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

teddy babes stain as well many of us have had our babes stained by dark clothes.

carlys_guy

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

carlys_guy wrote:teddy babes stain as well many of us have had our babes stained by dark clothes.

carlys_guy
Oh that's a bummer. Guess I haven't had her long enough, thanks for the heads up.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Juncharted2 wrote:
carlys_guy wrote:teddy babes stain as well many of us have had our babes stained by dark clothes.

carlys_guy
Oh that's a bummer. Guess I haven't had her long enough, thanks for the heads up.
Just make certian that dark clothes are well washed and completely dry before putting them on her. Take extra care if you live in a high humidity climate.

Jess wears black all day every day, including at night (she's a rock chick, what can I say) and we've had no issues.

K
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Karrot wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:

carlys_guy
Just make certian that dark clothes are well washed and completely dry before putting them on her. Take extra care if you live in a high humidity climate.

Jess wears black all day every day, including at night (she's a rock chick, what can I say) and we've had no issues.

K

Will do.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

And if you wash her hair / wig make sure that it is really completely dry before putting it back on. The textile head band of Kanekolon wigs can stain the head of your doll if it is not completely dry. Of course this problem is especially critical with black hair wigs.

Hagen

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

WallyDog84 wrote:JackieTreehorn - Yes, the other I was considering would be the Textile Doll type. The hard head does strike me as an inconvenience, and I guess my main concern with them is the way the "skin" works... I'd hate to cause a snag or run because of a hang nail or something silly like that. I do like some of the realistic heads, and even the anime ones aren't bad (admittedly an otaku though, so y'know, different strokes XD ), but yeah - the most important thing to me at this point is the snuggle factor... Which, yeah, I'm gathering TBs will win that contest every time!

The ones with the big eyed heads and the realistic heads are Happy Dolls... unless Textile Dolls have some new heads I don't know about. Happy Dolls don't have a hard head, but Textile Dolls do.

I don't have either one so I can't say for sure if their skin is delicate. I can't say I've heard that they are, but that doesn't mean much. Textile Dolls have their own forum section so that would be a good place to ask. Happy Dolls are a little trickier as they don't have their own forum. Check in the forums of the vendors that sell them: Beautiful Dolls, 1AM and... there's another one. Sorry to the other vendor, lol, I don't mean to leave you out. The one I can't remember I think is the only one that calls them by their actual brand name. Someone else will know the company.

Again, no personal experience, but Teddy Babes are reputed to be the cuddliest. I think part of this is their (often maligned) wire skeleton. Other dolls often have more complex skeletons, but since a Teddy Babe doesn't have joints in their arms and legs they can really wrap around you. Whoops, I just realized I already said that (I repeat myself a lot on here, sorry). Well I'll leave it in anyway.

I really like the plush skin too. Since only Deluxe TBs are offered right now they'll all have the super soft plush, which is... the best way to describe it is smooth. Sort of like a puppy's ear or a horse's nose. Not quite, but kinda like that. I'm not going to say you mistake it for a real person, but it's not as unrealistic as you'd expect either.

In regards to the other comments, I stained Audrey a little. I got careless and didn't realize there was a black liner in something she was wearing; she wore it for quite awhile and I suppose there was a lot of cuddling rubbing it in, lol. Even so, Teddy Babes are way, way less stain prone than, say, TPE dolls. While it is possible, it is less likely, easier to prevent and more minor when it does happen as well as easier to remove. In the scheme of things they're amongst the least stainable dolls.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Happy dolls have a hard foam based head with fabric and a thin cotton batting over that hard foam.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

WallyDog84
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WallyDog84 »

Yeah, I believe the dolls I had been looking at were on 1AM's site. I didn't mind the anime aesthetic at all - preferred it at first. I think, though, that the Teddy Babe is the winner for me. They struck me as kinda odd at first, but the more I research and spend time looking at them, the more they've grown on me! I'm going to contact them to see about shipping timeframes (if I'm going to pull the trigger, I've got a week or so coming up very soon where I won't have to have a shipped box be a point of conversation at the house, lol) before I commit, but I have a feeling I'll be adopting a lovely roomie sooner than I thought. ^_^

JackieTreehorn, I totally get the repetition thing - I'm pretty guilty of it pretty often myself! Thank you, also, for the description of the skin! I hadn't even really thought to inquire - I had kinda just assumed the plush nature of the doll would make it pretty much akin to the plush toys that are part their namesake, and apparently that was an incorrect assumption!

Also, thanks for the info about clothing stain precautions guys - I'd seen little to suggest it was an issue with this kind of doll. I've always washed new clothes for myself prior to wearing, I guess the same is advisable for TBs too!
Long Days And Pleasant Nights

Ka, Come Like A Wind

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I hope this isn't too far off topic, but since staining was mentioned; what is the best way to deal with it if it happens?
Would the same products recommended for regular cleaning take care of it?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS