realsexdoll.com

Newbie / lurker, first time poster, feeling overwhelmed!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

tigerdriver
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Newbie / lurker, first time poster, feeling overwhelmed!

Post by tigerdriver »

It's fairly rare for me to do one of these introductory posts in any form, but what the hell, here we go!
I've been occasionally lurking the forums for a few months now, and I'm now feeling more "serious" about purchasing a doll, so I think it's time for me to start posting, in hopes of perhaps getting some help in narrowing down some of my options, as I'm indecisive as hell.
I'm looking to purchase a WM doll, and I made my first post on this site in that subforum looking for some suggestions regarding choosing a vendor. I won't waste people's time and repeat everything I said there, but if anyone has feedback regarding that, I'm very open to hearing what you have to say.
I noticed some vendors had big sales during Black Friday, and I'm hoping I don't have to wait until next BF to get some sort of decent deal! Otherwise, I guess it's time for me to make like Cartman waiting for the Wii to release and look into cryogenic suspension :lol:
As far as which doll I want, I'm kind of enamored with the "viral" doll at the moment (the one that was pictured with the grey hoodie), since I like 'em thicc :D
I'll be looking at what other big booty options are out there as well.

Wish me luck! I feel like this is going to be possibly the hardest choice in my life, in regards to when, where and what to exactly buy. I didn't even hem and haw this much when I purchased my first car hahaha :lol: :lol:

fbiwestin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Newbie / lurker, first time poster, feeling overwhelmed!

Post by fbiwestin »

Welcome to our world man!

Nice choice for your first doll, but do keep in mind she'll be quite heavy if you do buy a full size doll like her.
It's not a joke when it comes around to moving your girl around. Took me some time to get use to my doll's weight and accept it.
Also, be prepared for her storage if ya need to hide her too. Gotta plan it all out man~

Anyways hope to see your pics of your girl when you decide to get her! :thumbs_up:
Starpery 174 D-Cup viewtopic.php?t=166917

Dollmalion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dollmalion »

Welcome to you future doll owner!

If I was you, I would make my love very fast and not wait for Black Friday, 'cause the time between your order and your delivery can be quite long and waiting is like terrible 8)

WM are nice dolls, for sure. May be you can look to Sanhui too, they have nice options (gellified breast, belly and buttock) and price is cheaper I think :evidence:
Review of my Sanhui 160 doll: viewtopic.php?f=293&t=101016
TDF unofficial Discord: https://discord.gg/Ku6rWs (Don't hesitate to come, we need you! :D)
A lady came, and thus bespake me: ‘I
Am Lucia. Suffer me to take this man,
Who slumbers. Easier so his way shall speed.’
Canto IX, Purgatory

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Yeah, as fbiwestin said, weight is quite important for your first lady! Once you get used to handling her they do get a little easier to handle! I would seriously recommend not going above 35kg first time round and the closer to 30kg you can get the better!

This may help once you’ve narrowed down a few ‘possibles’!
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=76649

For a number of reasons, dolls can vary in weight compared to advertised weight but some manufacturers are consistently over!

Good luck, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

tigerdriver
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tigerdriver »

fbiwestin wrote:Welcome to our world man!

Nice choice for your first doll, but do keep in mind she'll be quite heavy if you do buy a full size doll like her.
It's not a joke when it comes around to moving your girl around. Took me some time to get use to my doll's weight and accept it.
Also, be prepared for her storage if ya need to hide her too. Gotta plan it all out man~

Anyways hope to see your pics of your girl when you decide to get her! :thumbs_up:
Thanks for the welcome, and the words of caution. I have seen others make mention of the potential issues with the heavy weight of larger dolls during my time lurking the forums as well. I gave it some thought, and when push comes to shove, I feel like I would end up feeling a bit unsatisfied with the smaller size dolls.
I'm a pretty average in regards to size/strength, but I've been working on getting myself in better shape. I guess this is a reason to take it up a notch!
I never thought one of my reasons to get fit would be maneuvering around a love doll, but well, here we are :lol:

I'm a hobbyist photographer, and I definitely plan on posting photos once I've made my purchase! :)
Dollmalion wrote:Welcome to you future doll owner!

If I was you, I would make my love very fast and not wait for Black Friday, 'cause the time between your order and your delivery can be quite long and waiting is like terrible 8)

WM are nice dolls, for sure. May be you can look to Sanhui too, they have nice options (gellified breast, belly and buttock) and price is cheaper I think :evidence:
Yeah, I figure if I wait until Black Friday, I won't be getting a doll in my hands until 2019. I'm semi-patient, but that is a long time from now. I just have a tough time passing up what I know would be a great deal. I'll blame that mentality on my Jewish heritage :lol:
I have a feeling I'll break down and end up ordering a doll in the next month or two. Maybe I just need someone to make me an offer I can't refuse :wink:

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

I found deals on every major holiday.
I bought my first doll Black Friday 2016.
I bought my second doll last Memorial Day.
I bought my third doll last 4th of July.
I bought doll 4+5 on impulse and regretted one.
I bought my 6+7 doll last Black Friday. Then bought an extra head with a second chance coupon.
I just ordered my 8th with competitive pricing.

Memorial Day is coming in 6 weeks! Each vendor runs sales differently and inconsistently. Some (rarely) will have a stacking coupon to forum members. I've used 4 TDF vendors and they are professional.

Good luck. The hardest choice for me was the head. I have 10 heads on hand and I really only like 4 of them. I have 3 heads coming with the latest order. 1 is definitely good because it is a duplicate of one I already have. The other two have good galleries, but so did some of my other heads. #159, #162, #200, #74 are my favorite heads thus far.

Jack_Doff
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jack_Doff »

Welcome tigerdriver

Like you, I'm a newbie on here and I wish I had found the site and done a lot more lurking first to fully understand options before I bought my doll.

Whilst I absolutely love the look of my 156cm (5ft1') C-Cup WM doll, especially with head #88, I've experienced what I consider to be more than my fair share of issues. Some things, like the packing used for the eyes can be remedied quite easily through the purchase of something like plastic beads that fit into the back of the eyes. I was considering marbles but came across a post on here where one users suggested purchasing an assortment from an art shop. Sometimes we can think of or find someone else who has come up with imaginative solutions to annoying problems.

Small splits and tear repairs are pretty easy to fix and fairly well covered in this forum and on Youtube, but you'll need to get some glue / solvent first, so you might want to consider looking into that and keeping some on standby.

There are 3 areas I’ve been really disappointed with, and leads me to the conclusion I wouldn’t purchase another WM Doll, unless improvements were made, and these are:
Feet - I didn't purchase the standing feet option, not that I'm yet convinced the problem would have been non-existent had I done so. The first day the souls of the feet began to split and tear under the weight of the doll as I stood it upright whilst moving it, and having had the doll for less than 3 months, they are now pretty ragged and in need of major repair, if that is even now possible.

Fingers and toes – My expectation was that the fingers are part of the skeletal design with solid metal hinged digits. Not so. Instead they are supported internally by wire. See the videos available on how to repair to see what you have to do to fix fingers when they break. In just under two months, all fingers on both hands have sheared off or come away from the hand (knuckle area) and flop around uselessly.

Vaginal / Anal area – Under 3 months the area between the vagina and anus has split to a depth of about 2.5 – 3.5cm deep and 10cm long. It’s an unsightly gash. As with all repairs, they have to be undertaking with the doll in a natural position, i.e., no stress or pulling of the silicone, therefore the legs need to be fully closed. I feel this is a major repair and a tricky one to boot.
As mentioned by the earlier posters, Weight is not something to take lightly. I was actually taken by surprise when I received my doll. Moving and carrying 35Kg or more around when it’s an odd shape and dead weight probably equates to a lot more weight when loaded onto a bar. Consider the fact the doll isn’t going to climb on you when you want her on top. In fact, it's not even going to shower its self, but hey, I guess that's part of the fun. ;)

Best of luck

tigerdriver
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tigerdriver »

Jack_Doff wrote:Welcome tigerdriver

Like you, I'm a newbie on here and I wish I had found the site and done a lot more lurking first to fully understand options before I bought my doll.

Whilst I absolutely love the look of my 156cm (5ft1') C-Cup WM doll, especially with head #88, I've experienced what I consider to be more than my fair share of issues. Some things, like the packing used for the eyes can be remedied quite easily through the purchase of something like plastic beads that fit into the back of the eyes. I was considering marbles but came across a post on here where one users suggested purchasing an assortment from an art shop. Sometimes we can think of or find someone else who has come up with imaginative solutions to annoying problems.

Small splits and tear repairs are pretty easy to fix and fairly well covered in this forum and on Youtube, but you'll need to get some glue / solvent first, so you might want to consider looking into that and keeping some on standby.

There are 3 areas I’ve been really disappointed with, and leads me to the conclusion I wouldn’t purchase another WM Doll, unless improvements were made, and these are:
Feet - I didn't purchase the standing feet option, not that I'm yet convinced the problem would have been non-existent had I done so. The first day the souls of the feet began to split and tear under the weight of the doll as I stood it upright whilst moving it, and having had the doll for less than 3 months, they are now pretty ragged and in need of major repair, if that is even now possible.

Fingers and toes – My expectation was that the fingers are part of the skeletal design with solid metal hinged digits. Not so. Instead they are supported internally by wire. See the videos available on how to repair to see what you have to do to fix fingers when they break. In just under two months, all fingers on both hands have sheared off or come away from the hand (knuckle area) and flop around uselessly.

Vaginal / Anal area – Under 3 months the area between the vagina and anus has split to a depth of about 2.5 – 3.5cm deep and 10cm long. It’s an unsightly gash. As with all repairs, they have to be undertaking with the doll in a natural position, i.e., no stress or pulling of the silicone, therefore the legs need to be fully closed. I feel this is a major repair and a tricky one to boot.
As mentioned by the earlier posters, Weight is not something to take lightly. I was actually taken by surprise when I received my doll. Moving and carrying 35Kg or more around when it’s an odd shape and dead weight probably equates to a lot more weight when loaded onto a bar. Consider the fact the doll isn’t going to climb on you when you want her on top. In fact, it's not even going to shower its self, but hey, I guess that's part of the fun. ;)

Best of luck
Thanks for that feedback. Of all the things you mentioned, the foot thing is the one that concerns me the most. I've seen a number of people recommend the standing foot option. I believe I recall them saying you can just take out the bolts, but as a "foot guy" I didn't like the idea of holes in my doll's feet. I also heard if you don't get the standing foot option, you may very well end up with holes anyways (hence why they recommend the standing option).
Feet are fairly important to me (not as much as booty, but still up there), and it kinda seems like WM dolls don't have the greatest feet.
Perhaps it'd be worth my time to look around and see if there are any dolls out recommended for foot fetishists.

Jack_Doff
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jack_Doff »

You're welcome.

There's a lot to take in and digest. The sales sites themselves do provide some useful information but of course, it's all 'positive', whereas these forums provide the real skinny on what's good and what's not.

Ultimately my choice can about due to looks, affordability (what I was willing to invest for my first purchase), delivery / wait times, recommendation of TPE for first foray into the doll world and also looks...oh I already mentioned that. Ah well, I was a sucker for photo's of the doll wearing jean shorts, a cut-down Brooklyn - NYC top and Khaki work boots...damn that combination! ;)

One other piece of experience I can share, is just how little appreciation I had for how different a dolls face can look through a change of eye / hair color.

We all have our personal preferences when it comes to looks. I was swaying between 3 different dolls before taking the plunge. Now, after a few months, I have two heads and 3 different wigs. The new head was supplied with blue eye and a slightly curly blonde wig, whereas the original head came with brown eyes and one curly brown and one straight black wig. The new head looks good with either the brown or blue eyes and any of the wigs, but the original only seems to suit brown eyes and the brown or black wigs. Go figure.

My point is the images of the head options don't really show all possibilities, as they display one head, with one wig, and one color set of eyes. If the doll doesn't look how you expected it to when it arrives, a change of wig / eye colour might restore some confidence.

I actually suggested to the vendors I purchased my doll from, that it might be good to offer buyers the option to purchase two additional sets of eyes for a nominal fee, so that we customers can change things up occasionally.

Best of luck

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

standing foot option is more of a standing assistance then anything. i only use it to hold a pose or to give my back a break when lifting around the house. it does make it easier for the foot to be damaged as it has already had three holes punched in it, but the trade of is that the bolts when positioned correctly it will pretty much take all weight of the tpe and prevent any damage from occurring. just make sure the feet are flat.

a heavy doll as your first is a mistake in my opinion. so many times people get them thinking that 40kg is nothing only to end up selling there doll shortly after. so it is really something to put considerable thought into.

pup001

Post by pup001 »

Hey tigerdriver! I'm at the same place as you. I've been lurking here and exploring my doll options. This forum and the guys here are extremely helpful.

You might be interested in looking at this sale of a wm163h over here-- viewtopic.php?f=128&t=99327

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

With respect, and apologies, I believe that great weight should not be given to Mr Jack_Doff as I believe that through no fault of his own but through lack of instruction, his doll might not have told him how she likes to be treated in the act.

As someone who's known quite a few dolls and able to make comparisons, and give advice to manufacturers, sometimes I'm offered a doll to review, as I was the SY165 recently. It's a brave manufacturer who offers me such a doll for review as I don't entirely hide shortcomings, and am open with areas in which improvements can be made. One of the companies, possibly them from memory, make a massive 176 doll at around 55kgs from memory. If they offered her to me, without any cost to me at all, I'd refuse. I can't manage that weight. I have one doll of 43kgs, and really that is very much my upper limit, and I've not taken her to bed. Weight is paramount and 33kg is a threshold beyond which every kg feels like 2kg. For some that weight might be 27kg.

Of TPE dolls in my opinion the Jinsan family of dolls is still head and shoulders in front of the rest. So if you don't like WM feet look at OR and YL.

If you want to use a doll for sex, buy a TPE doll as a consumable and a DS Lite foam doll for photography.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

alc123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by alc123 »

tigerdriver wrote:Thanks for that feedback. Of all the things you mentioned, the foot thing is the one that concerns me the most. I've seen a number of people recommend the standing foot option. I believe I recall them saying you can just take out the bolts, but as a "foot guy" I didn't like the idea of holes in my doll's feet. I also heard if you don't get the standing foot option, you may very well end up with holes anyways (hence why they recommend the standing option).
Feet are fairly important to me (not as much as booty, but still up there), and it kinda seems like WM dolls don't have the greatest feet.
Perhaps it'd be worth my time to look around and see if there are any dolls out recommended for foot fetishists.
Lots of people have been able to manage without the standing foot option, which only became available a few years ago. A doll without the standing option cannot stand, but she can sit. You can move her around while she's sitting in a chair with wheels (for example an office chair). You can sit her in a plastic chair in the bath tub to wash her. You can dress a doll while she is lying on a bed. So if you are a foot guy, don't be afraid to ignore the advice to get the standing foot option. That advice is for guys who don't care about feet.

Idollatry7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Idollatry7 »

Greetings!! I am also a Newbie. My Male Doll, 5 foot 7 inches 120 lbs arrived today. I cannot lift him, lol. I am female. So I made him a nice "bed" on the floor with his cushions and a thick mattress topper. He does have standing feet, but I cannot get him upright. lol. I am told to keep him Standing or laying, not in sitting position. You can see my doll and his Specks here: viewtopic.php?p=1294024 OR Google "WM Dolls 175cm Adam wears a floral shirt" ~ TOOSTIE sold him to me! I had a very pleasent experience with this seller. Research and Experienced Doll owners in this Forum, showed me the way. Best of Luck, Future Doll Daddy!

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

alc123 wrote:
tigerdriver wrote:Thanks for that feedback. Of all the things you mentioned, the foot thing is the one that concerns me the most. I've seen a number of people recommend the standing foot option. I believe I recall them saying you can just take out the bolts, but as a "foot guy" I didn't like the idea of holes in my doll's feet. I also heard if you don't get the standing foot option, you may very well end up with holes anyways (hence why they recommend the standing option).
Lots of people have been able to manage without the standing foot option, which only became available a few years ago. A doll without the standing option cannot stand, but she can sit. You can move her around while she's sitting in a chair with wheels (for example an office chair). You can sit her in a plastic chair in the bath tub to wash her. You can dress a doll while she is lying on a bed. So if you are a foot guy, don't be afraid to ignore the advice to get the standing foot option. That advice is for guys who don't care about feet.
My girls can stand without the standing foot option! This option does have a stronger footplate which makes it easier but as long as you’re careful, ALL dolls can stand apart from the loose limbs ones! They will need a third point of contact to lean on, like a wall or chair, and you have to be careful not to twist the ‘flesh’ on their footplate as you position them. My Ashaki still stands easily and I’ve had her since Sept 2016. Vivette, on the otherhand, now has quite loose joints and is a struggle to get her to stand although it is possible (she just gets me in a sweat at about 35kg!).

Greame at Love Dolls UK has a video of all his dolls standing ready to go to customers as it saves him space! Just a word of warning though, a naked butt against a wall can leave an oil stain so put a cushion there before leaning her or have white clothes on her!

Idollatry7, lovely to have another lady here! Welcome! I’m sure your core muscles will get a little stronger as time goes on (mine certainly did and I’m no spring chicken!) and you’ll be able to move him more after a while! Even my Ashaki seemed a struggle at first at only 27kg until I got to know how to move and position her! Now I find her a doddle to carry around!

If you can get him to sit on something like a stool first, you can straighten his legs and lean him back so you can pivot him upright. Obviously, you need something to stop his feet from sliding forward! Starting from a laying position is hard at the best of times with any doll though! Good luck!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

INFORMATIONS