www.the-doll-house.com

Review at last!

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
JSNewbie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Review at last!

Post by JSNewbie »

What can I say?

It has been a long wait because my original order vanished. Who knew that could be a thing? Suffice it to say that was a courier foul up and both Phil and WM stepped up and arranged an express replacement. This added 10 days to the waiting game but I just had to sit back because everything had been taken care of. New doll, new courier, just a little more time.

It has been my experience in this instance that Phil and The Doll House have a well earned reputation for excellence. They are busy, so if you have an order don’t expect them to follow you around with a minute by minute log of the events taking place. However if you have any queries or concerns they, at least for me, respond quickly.

I had no concerns throughout the process because of Phil.

As this was my first outing I went all out and ordered the WM140 with #85. I also ordered the flight case because, a) easy storage and b) I have space. Trust me if space is a concern I would think twice before leaping on that option.

Also weight. The doll alone hits 25kg easy. Plus the case and you have a parcel you better be fit to receive. That aside I’m glad I did buy it because the cardboard surround didn’t survive well from China, possibly this was something to do with customs and or curious couriers. (The box had been taped and re-taped several times) The case itself however is solid, well constructed and filled with custom sized foam cut-outs to keep the doll safe when in hibernation. Oh, and it locks.
Solid and lockable.
Solid and lockable.
9845F0B0-7F56-452A-A069-D2257BAEE393.jpeg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 3454 times
Whether I have been lucky on this score I can’t comment but I’m sure others can balance things if they have other experiences with cases.
Under the lid all snug.
Under the lid all snug.
41A987FB-217C-4221-8DFC-C7B2A7B8ECC9.jpeg (614.48 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
Everything I asked for and more besides.
Everything I asked for and more besides.
31C53698-FDB5-4FC5-904A-7B26876C540B.jpeg (592.52 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
Practically perfect!
Practically perfect!
E9216061-6B00-4927-99A6-B1E7C9AA3FE3.jpeg (433.64 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
The doll was in perfect condition and so far beyond my expectations I can’t actually express it adequately. Yes I chose her look, style and all the options but once she had been washed and powdered and completed after her journey. Damn!
It’s been a long day.  STOP WITH THE PHOTOS!!
It’s been a long day. STOP WITH THE PHOTOS!!
D483108A-E2C9-4DEE-AB6A-FBCECAECEA31.jpeg (837.55 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
TL:DR. The Doll House are excellent and sort troubled waters fantastically. The WM140 is gorgeous and has an incredible... ahem. anyway I’m very happy.

ranger42
CoverDoll Staff
CoverDoll Staff

Re: Review at last!

Post by ranger42 »

Congratulations, great news that she has finally arrived. Great choice, the WM140 is a popular for good reason.
I completely agree on The Doll House. I got my first doll from them, and having dipped my toe in the water elsewhere with an accessory order it was a pleasure to deal with them again for my second. The speed and quality of communication are always excellent.
My 163 also arrived today. Unpacking, washing, powdering, dressing and moving her for photos is a lot more tiring than a 140, but I will get some review notes up this weekend.
My Girls - WM140D #36 #188, WM163C #74 #188 #173: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=102752
Leah in Coverdoll, Isabelle

Jj2345

Post by Jj2345 »

I so need one of those storage boxes

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Glad she arrived safely in the end!

I agree about the flight case - the extra £150 can seem expensive but it protects the doll very well in transit even if you don't need it for storage after arrival. I also had the experience of the outer cardboard being in very poor condition on arrival (see pic) and was very glad I had the flight case option.
Attachments
arrival.jpg
arrival.jpg (3.77 MiB) Viewed 3328 times

cptchris

Post by cptchris »

Wow gorgeous doll and pretty face. Mine's enroute and she's safely packed in her flight case. I wanted her to arrive in perfect condition.
My beautiful dolls
Gemma WM157B with head #57: at The Doll Album
Angel WM155G with head #36: at The Doll Album
Rachel KimberDoll with head WM#57: at The Doll Album

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Is the flight case for the 140cm much smaller in person? Also is taking and putting the doll back in that kind of flight case easy? I’m used to the flight cases that don’t have the doll shape inside them, and congrats :D

JSNewbie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JSNewbie »

danDub wrote:Is the flight case for the 140cm much smaller in person? Also is taking and putting the doll back in that kind of flight case easy? I’m used to the flight cases that don’t have the doll shape inside them, and congrats :D
Thanks all!

The flight-case I received is :length 1410mm x width 445mm x depth 300mm. Sizeable enough for everything included. Wheels and handles are sturdy enough for shifting it around and I imagine, if you have the standing option, it would be fine in a vertical position. Mine is just at the side of a room like an ottoman.
Taking dolls out and replacing them is easy enough, just don’t try a straight lift. Arrange the arms and legs first or you’ll be fighting both ends at once.
To remove I found lifting the legs and shifting to a sitting position was easiest. Then just reversing the steps to replace worked well.

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Thanks, yeah seems like i will lift her like i did my last doll, though my last doll was around 42kg and came in a flight case :( lol, i know the 140cm is much lighter so i feel a lot better knowing she wont weight as much, cant wait to see more pics of her :D

idontknow
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by idontknow »

After reading this I had to ask if I could still get the flight case for my doll :oops:
Nice doll you have there btw!

INFORMATIONS