It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy | By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with our Rules Of Conduct, Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy.

Additional Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use | Privacy Policy

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: July 2018 Cat C - Animated GIF Challenge "Helping Hands"!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:00 am 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Welcome to the July 2018 Category C - Animated GIF Challenge "Helping Hands"!

First of all, well done again to everyone who took up last month's challenge and the entries were all awesome! Well done everyone! It shows what really can be achieved with a little bit of time and effort, whether simple or complicated!

IG, I'm amazed that you managed to host the last challenge so well given the circumstances!!

I am humbled to win the June 2018 Challenge and take the "title" again, although the last GIF challenge I won was back in March 2017! However, this is the fourth challenge in a row I've hosted this year!!!!

For the July 2018 Challenge I've chosen a theme that hopefully will spark some great interpretations and interesting ideas!!!! The hardest part of hosting is thinking of a new theme so I hope this will encourage more entries this month!

So, this month's theme is "Helping Hands"!

Attachment:
IMG_3959.JPG
IMG_3959.JPG [ 11.63 KiB | Viewed 420 times ]

.....or paws or feet etc!

Attachment:
IMG_3972.GIF
IMG_3972.GIF [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3974.GIF
IMG_3974.GIF [ 975.54 KiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3900.GIF
IMG_3900.GIF [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Sorry, couldn't resist that last one as it made me laugh!

OK, how does your lady, ladies, guy or guys give a helping hand to you or others?

Do they help dress or undress?

Attachment:
IMG_3975.GIF
IMG_3975.GIF [ 968.02 KiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3982.GIF
IMG_3982.GIF [ 6.4 MiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Do they help with oiling or powdering?

Attachment:
IMG_3986.GIF
IMG_3986.GIF [ 3.87 MiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Do they have a role to play, like doctors or nurses?

Attachment:
IMG_3987.GIF
IMG_3987.GIF [ 823.43 KiB | Viewed 420 times ]

Oooops, sorry about that one!

....or do they help around the house etc?

I'd love to see more entries into this category as it's wonderful to see your loved one(s) coming to life! Once you've tried it you're hooked! So for the Newbies to GIFs I'm going to repeat lots of stuff! Forgive me but I think I will repeat what I've said before to help new GIF makers! Skip to the end of the red bit if you think you've got it now!!!!.........

It's really easy to create a GIF animation if you use http://gifmaker.me.

However, I still use the free software, PhotoScape, to create my GIFs and find it very easy to use and it's great for editing photos too with clone stamp being invaluable to me anyway!

"Once you click on the "Animated GIF" in PhotoScape you can see the usual file explorer on the left, click on where you've saved your photos and your string of photos appears in the bottom left corner. Click on the first and drag it to the top bar. Click on the next and drag it next to the first and repeat! The GIF magically starts happening! So you don't get confused as to which is next, the last photo you've used has a bloom effect on it. Don't worry if you get to the end of the bar, it will keep adding the photos. It will show a + sign on the cursor when you're in place to add at the end of the bar (You can put in as many as you want and IG used 152 one month!). If you get one wrong you can just click on the offending photo on the top bar and delete it using the cross top right! Don't worry, it won't delete your actual photo!

You can change the time period with a button on the right. I use about 0.3 sec most of the time but adjust and see what happens! Your GIF starts as soon as you've entered a second photo! If you've taken a series of photos on the same camera and settings you don't need to bother with any other settings but have a play later perhaps!

If you want to emphasise something in the GIF, you can either add that photo again at least once more but you can add quite a lot if you want (you can always keep adding until it's right or delete if too many!) or increase the time period for that photo. This is especially important if you want to add a photo with text on it so people have time to read it!

One thing I have found that is awkward is that, if you have a photo series in portrait, you have to right click on EACH photo on the bar and "Rotate CCW" or your GIF will come out sideways! I haven't found an easy way to do this yet so try to use landscape photos to make it easier!

Don't forget to save it with a title somewhere you can find it again!

Two images is all it takes to make an animated GIF and it can be just changing the effect of the same photo, like colour to black and white for instance!

Further Advice - For taking a series of pictures with a little bit of movement each time on the doll you MUST have the camera as still and as fixed in the same position as possible or it'll be very jerky! It doesn't need to be on a tripod! You can actually tape your camera or even phone to a solid piece of furniture if you like! I used an antislip mat on a wooden stool once! Also, the smaller the movement on the doll(s) the smoother the GIF looks. You also need to think about whether the doll is actually 'accidentally' changing position slightly each time you move whatever you're moving. Keep everything else as still as possible. You can change more than one bit at a time though, like arm and head. If you twist the body, try to think about what happens to the rest of the upper part to be natural (like arms and head position). Soft furnishings like bedclothes are also hard to keep in the same place if you lean on them!! This produces a 'ghost' movement! Take care not to get bits of your own body in the shots unless you want them there!

I'm really looking forward to your new GIF animations and can't wait to see your dolls come alive! Give it a try!

This month's Category C rules are:

1. A new or recent animated video of at least 2 frames played as a continuous loop in .GIF format viewable on TDF. No external links! (to YouTube for instance!)

2. The GIF should be shot by yourself and not composed before June 2018 and not posted before as a video. Exceptions may be considered viable in this category if newly adapted, particularly if the still photos were taken earlier. However, the host will have the final say as to acceptability! If in doubt, to avoid clogging up the thread, please PM the host with an explanation before posting!

3. An entry into this category may contain any mixture of dolls, whatever the kind, shape or size.

4. CGI dolls or CGI adaptation of dolls can be used. For clarity, please state if CGI has been used.

5. Doll nudity is acceptable although please keep to TDF Rules.

6. Photoshop, Windows, GIMP, Paint.net, PhotoScape or other image editing is allowed. Special Effects are also acceptable. Please feel free to add 'the making of...' comments which you think might help others join in or improve their own animations!

7. Do not break any TDF rules regarding photos and also comply to The Doll Album AUP.

8. Include the name of your doll or dolls and remember to put a title/caption for your animation in your post (not just what you've saved the GIF as)!

9. Please try not to harm any dolls, humans or animals (real or stuffed!) etc. during the making of your GIF.

Remember: All kinds of dolls and sizes of dolls are allowed to take part in this category!

This month's challenge will run until approx… 9pm Saturday 28th July 2018, with the next three days open for voting.
The top three winners (including any ties) will be announced on Tuesday 31st July 2018. When there are ties, there are more winners!

So, everyone PLEASE join in, whatever you think your skill levels are, and let us bring our dolls to life and, above all, have fun!
Don't get stressed out about anything! If you think you need help doing this or get stuck feel free to PM me! However, don't forget we're all still learning here!

Good luck everyone! I've got a feeling there are going to be some interesting interpretations here!

Cheers, Hollows.

Rosheen, WM 156cm B Cup with #137 head
DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
Phicen ladies Kaia, Fia, Claudette and Haley.
Phicen men Chris.
And 14, no, 16 “Stay still you lot” little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
Oh heck! I think the little ones are breeding as there’s definitely more than 16 now and a few more Phicens have arrived to join the party!
 AIM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: July 2018 Cat C - Animated GIF Challenge "Helping Hands"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:31 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Got an idea, but it breaks 2 TDF conduct rules, possibly 3. NEXT!... :drinking:

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:41 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

You and me both! When I did a search for gifs on helping hands.......yeah there were some great ideas but none could be used!

Phicen men Chris.
And 14, no, 16 “Stay still you lot” little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
Oh heck! I think the little ones are breeding as there’s definitely more than 16 now and a few more Phicens have arrived to join the party!
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:44 am 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Don't forget, this is a fairly broad theme so helping doing something can be anything!

Phicen men Chris.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:23 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

The idea is there, but the logistics are not at the moment. I'm working on it though... :drinking:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:35 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Once again from the cheap end of the GIF pool I give you...

Spike and Stud in "Are you sure this will help me get over my fear of heights!!"

Attachments:
spin.gif
spin.gif [ 2.29 MiB | Viewed 330 times ]

L✰neR✯nger

Older Then Dirt!!!!!!

Handle with Care....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuAKvU

End of the Line........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:00 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

:haha4: He's certainly getting a hand trying to get over the fear of heights but I'd hate to see the results when he gets back to the ground!!!! :whistle:

Thanks for getting this to a fun start Lone!

Cheers, Hollows.

Phicen men Chris.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:32 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Well, I've had a busy week helping my daughter so the housework got left!

Ashaki was fed up with a messy bedroom so took matters in hand to help and got the vacuum cleaner out!

"Ashaki" in "What Do You Mean, Nice Bum?"

Attachment:
What.gif
What.gif [ 2.9 MiB | Viewed 283 times ]

Cheers, Hollows.

Phicen men Chris.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:30 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Hollows are you sneaking up on Ashaki as she cleans up your mess. She should crack you over the head with that Vacuum Cleaner wand!!

That's a good one!!

L✰neR✯nger

Older Then Dirt!!!!!!

Handle with Care....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuAKvU

End of the Line........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:33 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

She did.....but that was later!

Phicen men Chris.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:13 pm 
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Some pretty good ones so far!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:27 am 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Thanks havoc108 and welcome to TDF! These challenges are a bit of fun but seeing your own lady moving is amazing! I hope we’ll see you entering sometime!

Cheers, Hollows.

Phicen men Chris.
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 am 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Spike and Stud look more like they are trying out for the rodeo.. hehehe.....

Was that nice buns, or nice bum... I didn't quite catch it... :whistle:

And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942
But only if you dare to risk your sanity..?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 am 

Isabella has been hogging the entries for me so far this month. Then again, all my ideas have involved standing or clothes that she had :haha4:

Hopefully this gif plays properly. Tried using photoshop again to make it so quality would be better. If it plays weird, I will just delete this and re-make it tomorrow.

The nice thing was...I got to try out the remote app for my new camera, which worked great!!!

Isabella in Strip, Jiggle, OHHHH

Attachment:
Helping Hands.gif
Helping Hands.gif [ 3.23 MiB | Viewed 189 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 am 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Brilliant! Well done dollbeauty and Isabella looks as though she’s enjoying those helping hands!

Thanks for entering, cheers, Hollows.

Phicen men Chris.

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next