It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am

Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy | By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with our Rules Of Conduct, Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy.

Additional Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use | Privacy Policy

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: August 2018 Cat C - Animated GIF Challenge "Looped GIF"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 pm 

Welcome to the August 2018 Category C - Animated GIF Challenge "Looped GIF - open theme"

Some awesome entries again this past month, and I am honored and humbled to be your host for the month of August!!!

For the August challenge, it will be an open theme, but it MUST be a looped GIF. I have included several samples below, but basically it means the GIF itself has to be looped which means it looks like there is no actual beginning or end, just one continuous loop.

For the actual theme....well get your creative minds running, as it can be any actual subject that your mind can think of, as long as it is a looped gif.

Here are the samples (H&F's sample with the dog and sheep from last month's contest is also a great example):

Attachment:
1.gif
1.gif [ 3.47 MiB | Viewed 691 times ]

Attachment:
3.gif
3.gif [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 691 times ]

Attachment:
4.gif
4.gif [ 940.01 KiB | Viewed 691 times ]

Now, I am going to plagiarize the heck out of H&F's rules, etc. from last month...so thank you in advance H&F!!!

It's really easy to create a GIF animation if you use http://gifmaker.me.

However, I still use the free software, PhotoScape, to create my GIFs and find it very easy to use and it's great for editing photos too with clone stamp being invaluable to me anyway! There are many other options out there also to create GIFs!

"Once you click on the "Animated GIF" in PhotoScape you can see the usual file explorer on the left, click on where you've saved your photos and your string of photos appears in the bottom left corner. Click on the first and drag it to the top bar. Click on the next and drag it next to the first and repeat! The GIF magically starts happening! So you don't get confused as to which is next, the last photo you've used has a bloom effect on it. Don't worry if you get to the end of the bar, it will keep adding the photos. It will show a + sign on the cursor when you're in place to add at the end of the bar (You can put in as many as you want and IG used 152 one month!). If you get one wrong you can just click on the offending photo on the top bar and delete it using the cross top right! Don't worry, it won't delete your actual photo!

You can change the time period with a button on the right. I use about 0.3 sec most of the time but adjust and see what happens! Your GIF starts as soon as you've entered a second photo! If you've taken a series of photos on the same camera and settings you don't need to bother with any other settings but have a play later perhaps!

One thing I have found that is awkward is that, if you have a photo series in portrait, you have to right click on EACH photo on the bar and "Rotate CCW" or your GIF will come out sideways! I haven't found an easy way to do this yet so try to use landscape photos to make it easier!

Don't forget to save it with a title somewhere you can find it again!

Further Advice - For taking a series of pictures with a little bit of movement each time on the doll you MUST have the camera as still and as fixed in the same position as possible or it'll be very jerky! It doesn't need to be on a tripod! You can actually tape your camera or even phone to a solid piece of furniture if you like! I used an antislip mat on a wooden stool once! Also, the smaller the movement on the doll(s) the smoother the GIF looks. You also need to think about whether the doll is actually 'accidentally' changing position slightly each time you move whatever you're moving. Keep everything else as still as possible. You can change more than one bit at a time though, like arm and head. If you twist the body, try to think about what happens to the rest of the upper part to be natural (like arms and head position). Soft furnishings like bedclothes are also hard to keep in the same place if you lean on them!! This produces a 'ghost' movement! Take care not to get bits of your own body in the shots unless you want them there!

This month's Category C rules are:

1. A new or recent animated video of at least 2 frames played as a continuous loop in .GIF format viewable on TDF. No external links! (to YouTube for instance!)

1a. The GIF must be continuous also, as if there is no actual beginning or end. (see samples above)

2. The GIF should be shot by yourself and not composed before June 2018 and not posted before as a video. Exceptions may be considered viable in this category if newly adapted, particularly if the still photos were taken earlier. However, the host will have the final say as to acceptability! If in doubt, to avoid clogging up the thread, please PM the host with an explanation before posting!

3. An entry into this category may contain any mixture of dolls, whatever the kind, shape or size.

4. CGI dolls or CGI adaptation of dolls can be used. For clarity, please state if CGI has been used.

5. Doll nudity is acceptable although please keep to TDF Rules.

6. Photoshop, Windows, GIMP, Paint.net, PhotoScape or other image editing is allowed. Special Effects are also acceptable. Please feel free to add 'the making of...' comments which you think might help others join in or improve their own animations!

7. Do not break any TDF rules regarding photos and also comply to The Doll Album AUP.

8. Include the name of your doll or dolls and remember to put a title/caption for your animation in your post (not just what you've saved the GIF as)!

9. Please try not to harm any dolls, humans or animals (real or stuffed!) etc. during the making of your GIF.

Remember: All kinds of dolls and sizes of dolls are allowed to take part in this category!

This month's challenge will run until approximately 5:30pm Tuesday August 28th 2018, with the next three days open for voting.
The top three winners (including any ties) will be announced on Friday August 31st 2018. When there are ties, there are more winners!

I am really looking forward to the creativeness we all come up with this month!!!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: August 2018 Cat C - Animated GIF Challenge "Looped GIF"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:19 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Gee, should have saved my helping hands gif for this challenge. That was a continuous loop. :drinking:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 am 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

OK, I see where you’re coming from! Nice theme! Let’s hope we actually get more dolls moving this month rather than members doing the moving :whistle:

Cheers, Hollows.

Rosheen, WM 156cm B Cup with #137 head
DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
Phicen ladies Kaia, Fia, Claudette, Haley, Flavia and Miette.
Phicen men Chris.
And 14, no, 16 “Stay still you lot” little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
Oh heck! I think the little ones are breeding as there’s definitely more than 16 now and a few more Phicens keep arriving to join the party!
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:54 am 

Nice one Dollbeauty! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:18 am 

Andie in "Your push-ups are still wrong..."

Hope you like it. It is too hot here for another try.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:03 pm 

Love it hansdampf21!!!

I am getting tired just watching her do them....over and over and over again!!!

Quick side question...

for voting. Andie in ???

Not sure if you want all the wrongs in the title for voting. No rush, just let me know sometime in next 3 weeks or so :haha4:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:57 pm 

Thanks Dollbeauty!

I've changed the title; although i wasn't sure if i would like to enter this one at all.
But since i got some likes already (that's enough for me), i am committing it herewith ;)

BTW: i'm not good at creating nice titles. Can't help :(

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:44 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Lil' El and Yoman Barbie have been having a friendly rivalry for some time now. Last time out though, I think Lil' El may have gone too far when he tossed Yoman Barbie's car in the washing machine!

I give you, Lil' El and Yoman Barbie (Driving the car) in:
"Run For Your Life!"

Attachment:
RUN_LIFE.gif
RUN_LIFE.gif [ 3.72 MiB | Viewed 520 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:31 pm 

Great entry Mr Franz!!!!

Awesome example of type of gif wanted this month. Love the road effect, it really makes the gif. Though Yoman Barbie may get an arm cramp from making a left turn continuously!!

Pretty soon you will have a feature length movie you can make with the antics those two get into :haha4:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 pm 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Thanks, dollbeauty. You know, there's 42 frames in that GIF, but the whole thing was made from only 3 images, creating 2 separate animations synced together. Took about 3 hours, but that was actually less than I expected. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

:haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:
Very funny Mr Franz, I almost laugh at an accident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 pm 

Just posting a little tiny BUMP

Get those entries in everyone :grab: those cameras and get shooting.

(i know, i know, I haven't got mine in yet) :haha4: I am planning on getting it done this week or weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 am 

Well, we finally had a day without rain here, and the sun was out today.

The girls decided they wanted to spend some time outside in the sun, not realizing how hot it was.

Needless to say, when they got back in they were overheated and decided to try to cool down some.

Arabella & Isabella in Cooling off

Attachment:
Cooling-off.gif
Cooling-off.gif [ 2.34 MiB | Viewed 375 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 pm 
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Jill in "Yes, Concentrate, Let yourself go ... you are now under my spell"

____ Ryleigh _______ Sienna _____ & ____ Sierra _________ Airrie __________ Niomi
************* Swan's Place ****************** Doll Album ******************* Doll Matrix ***************

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pm 

Now that is a Swan special....when I had 2 frames minimum, I thought, right up Swans alley :haha4:

When I was creating the theme this month, I thought back to AH's gif from month's ago and wondered if anyone would do something similar.

Very nice Swan!!!

I am noticing a trend this month from you with "titties" lol

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next