Starpery.com

Starpery standing frame (and attachment point on body)

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
bnf

Starpery standing frame (and attachment point on body)

Post by bnf »

Hello

My 156E will soon go into production at Starpery.

I expect that after receiving her, I will quickly order another doll too.

Many of the professional photos I have seen clearly use a stand/frame to support and pose the dolls. (The Zelex/Game Lady Lara Croft photos even show the frame).

Where can I order the frame for dolls?
Do the manufacturers have options for attachment points for the dolls? (I've never seen that option listed on store websites)

Thank you!

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Starpery standing frame (and attachment point on body)

Post by Luiskjr »

I believe those frames (or some) use a hole made on her back where they attach a wire cable to the central skeleton.

After they usually fill that hole with TPE and sell
My Doll History
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Coeros sells a doll stand that photographers use. They didn't develop it, but are underselling the doll vendor that did.
It does not require any holes in the doll. The only doll I know of that has a skeleton frame attachment for standing and posing is RealDoll, and that's because they cannot stand on their own.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

Several brands, including Zelex, Sino, Tayu or Gynoid are offering a back hole option to fix a hook. But most manufacturer can add one if you ask them, including Starpery. Check my post here: viewtopic.php?p=2235547#p2235547

Note that a back hook is to help the doll stand. I wouldn't put too much weight on it because that could tear off the nut that is soldered to the skeleton. It can also damage the doll silicone/tpe.

Most of the time, people just stand the doll against something. You can use a prop/strut/pole dance bar if you don't want to sit her on a bar stool for example. Prop/strut are easy to find in hadrware store. They are cheap (compared to other options) and you don't need to drill hole in your ceiling or anything. It's also easy to edit it away from the photos.
strut.jpg
strut.jpg (174.89 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Some shops are selling some kind of "doll stand" (like for toys) to sit the doll over it. But they are pretty ugly if you can't hide it under the doll's clothes and they are way too expensive for what they are: they are just cheap metal lamp base with a weird saddle on top.
Here is my attempt to make one from a metal plate, a table leg, a bicycle seatpost and a bicycle saddle. It's way cheaper, much less visible and you can adjust the height with the pneumatic seatpost:
stand2.jpg
stand2.jpg (111.35 KiB) Viewed 526 times

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

If you want to hang the doll from the neck or from the back (again, puting her full weight on a back hook is pretty risky) and don't want to drill a hole in your ceiling, the cheapest way is to use a pull up bar.

You can also use a big clothes rack or build a frame yourself using modular metal rails (someone posted about the one he made recently). Another cheap option is to use the frame of a "egg chair" like this:
2500517_image_insitu_4s.jpg
2500517_image_insitu_4s.jpg (59.62 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Personally, I started using this one, from Amazonas, because it has a pretty big base and you can disasemble it to store it.
amazonas_luna.jpg
amazonas_luna.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 516 times
If you don't mind drilling a hole in a wall, this could be pretty cool:

amazonas-hanging-chair-stand-wegklappbar-palmera-haengesessel-staender-platzsparend.jpg
amazonas-hanging-chair-stand-wegklappbar-palmera-haengesessel-staender-platzsparend.jpg (92.18 KiB) Viewed 516 times

manfredixon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by manfredixon »

I use a pull-up bar myself and it's been working great during the years I've used it. Downside is you can't have the head attached while she's hanging, but it's really easy to dress her that way. Highly recommended!

For keeping my dolls standing upright for photography I use some of my filmmaking grip gear; namely a "vari-pole": https://www.thomann.de/gb/gravity_ls_vari_pole_01_b.htm
MFDX.SE WEBSITE & YOUTUBE >> YES! Doll photo sets and videos - go watch!

Currently doll-less! Past companions: 155cm Siluomei, 140cm Siluomei, 155cm IronTech, WMDoll 162B, XY Doll 168B, XY Doll 148D, Starpery 169C, Starpery 171A
Photo galleries: XY Doll gallery 1 - Gallery addition 1 - Gallery addition 2

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

I made a setup using the Amazonas Luna stand with a lifting tackle and a heavy duty spring. The tackle has a factor of 7 so when pulling the rope, it's like if a 35Kg doll was weighting only 5Kg. In fact, because of the friction, you can nearly drop the rope and the doll won't fall.

The heavy duty spring let adjust the tension on the rope and the weight that is lifted from the doll. The one I took is fully compressed if there is less than 6Kg on it. The more weight you put on it, the more it will extend. It will reach full length if you put 45Kg or more on it.

Even if not using a back hook, it's very usefull to place the doll into position before leaning her on a strut: If you adjust the tension on the rope to remove most of the weight from the doll, you can easly lift her a little by pushing her up with one hand.
_DSC2944.jpg
_DSC2944.jpg (305.26 KiB) Viewed 504 times

INFORMATIONS