www.wmdolls.com

WM DOLLS - Answers and suggestions

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: WM DOLLS - Answers and suggestions

Post by nicvncnt »

Michaelangelo wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:51 am Feet certainly need a re-think but some kind of stiffening mechanism is really helpful when dressing a doll. Broken wires are like broken finger wires, sometimes you’re lucky and nothing pokes through, sometimes it does. I was lucky with Mira’s feet but even the disconnected wire is still helpful.
Clearly there are differing views on this so maybe they need a more elaborate footplate with something like an internal skeleton for the toes. Would have to be an optional extra as it would cost more whereas getting rid of the toe wire would cost nothing.

DollPhilosopher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollPhilosopher »

nicvncnt wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:43 pm
Michaelangelo wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:51 am Feet certainly need a re-think but some kind of stiffening mechanism is really helpful when dressing a doll. Broken wires are like broken finger wires, sometimes you’re lucky and nothing pokes through, sometimes it does. I was lucky with Mira’s feet but even the disconnected wire is still helpful.
Clearly there are differing views on this so maybe they need a more elaborate footplate with something like an internal skeleton for the toes. Would have to be an optional extra as it would cost more whereas getting rid of the toe wire would cost nothing.
Articulated toes. :) I like it, but don't see it being done any time soon.

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

nicvncnt wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:43 pm
I'd agree that a wire-free option could be offered for those that want it 👍. With, without and then something a bit more resilient.
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

dankdewritos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dankdewritos »

Any update on if WM is pursuing detachable legs as an option?

The feature has started to spread quite widely among brands such as 6YE, HR, IL, Aibei, JY, & SHEDOLL to name the ones I can remember from the top of my head.

Storage of human size dolls is hard for people living in smaller apartments. On top of the convenience when it comes to storage - there is also massive weight and transportation benefits (for the buyer)

The reason I went with an HR instead of a WM 174G for my last purchase is because there was no detachable limb option for WM - so hopefully this is going to be an option for future purchases.

dfdgfsdvxcvx
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by dfdgfsdvxcvx »

Suggestion on how to keep wigs on.
Magnets under scalp skin to keep wig on? As glue to keep wigs on is out of the question for TPE I was wondering how feasible this was.

Coopertoday
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Coopertoday »

New doll owner in a few weeks when she arrives. I've seen lots of references to the mistakes new owners make. What are the most common mistakes a new owner makes that will damage a doll or worsen the expereince?

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Coopertoday wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:18 am New doll owner in a few weeks when she arrives. I've seen lots of references to the mistakes new owners make. What are the most common mistakes a new owner makes that will damage a doll or worsen the expereince?
A couple good guides not just for damage but in general:

The Newlywed Guide:
viewtopic.php?t=88389

Womens Clothing:
viewtopic.php?t=128183

Now, from personal experience, they're heavier than you think and the awkward shape makes carrying moving them potentially risky. Be careful when placing the doll down on a hard surface because you risk damaging the material. Even with standing feet you can damage the material around the feet. And be aware of doorways/bookcases/other furniture when moving it around bangs and knocks can damage, or worse make you drop the doll. I found when carrying it was best to fold arms across the chest and fold legs up towards the chest with knees bent - don't carry the doll "like a plank". Fireman carry can work too, just be careful.

Be careful bending joints. Too much pressure (especially in the wrong direction) and you break a joint. Similarly, don't bend limbs too far or stretch openings too far or they risk tearing. Also fingers and wired toes risk poke through. Basically there isn't much material over the "bones" so they poke through easily. Make sure head is firmly attached if you're moving the doll around, if it's loose and it falls off it's easy to damage.

Speaking of the head, depending on the type of wig it could have metal clasps that are used to keep it tight. On mine I didn't realise it but I poked those metal clasps through the material on her head when putting the wig on *sigh*. Same applies to clothing with metal clasps, be careful because it's easy to cut/poke/tear the skin. This also applies to other sharp objects, even long fingernails can damage the material. I was also using the original shipping box as storage, and at one point I "dragged" the doll's leg against the edge of the cardboard. It caused the paper cut from hell - just like a knife wound. A couple inches long and 1/2 an inch deep.

When it comes to cleaning (obviously make sure you clean it) be very careful about moisture. If you clean on a bed/bench/sofa make sure not only the "holes" are cleaned and dried but both the front and back of the doll. And make sure it's not left lying on a damp surface. I made the mistake of washing the back, flipping it and washing the front, then didn't notice water had dripped around the torso to the back of the doll. BOOM! Spots of mold on the buttocks.

Oh, and as everyone will mention the material absorbs colours easily. So be careful with dark colours clothing. Make sure it's colour fast and try to wash it before putting it on your doll. Either double check to make sure it's not staining if you leave it on long term, or just don't leave it on the doll for more than a couple hours. There are more than a few guides on getting stains out of TPE if you use the search here.

Finally, beware of other materials. TPE can react badly to other plastics, or make other plastics react badly to it. I had a Starpery doll that started melting the plastic on my gaming chair after I left it sitting on it overnight. Short term contact probably won't be a problem but leave the wrong thing touching it overnight (or for a week/month) and one or both might be a mess.

Sounds pretty scary, but most things are just be careful and watch what it's touching.

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

I think Nackers covered everything basically, great comment.

About moving and handling: if you treat her like a sleeping princess, frozen in time, you'll be fine. It's rushing things and failing to plan, say, how you are going to lift her, that makes for trouble. Like Nackers said, heads can fall off, arms can catch on doors, feet can bump into pot plants. The more "tucked up" she is when you carry her, the better things will be.

As for washing after sexy times: if you don't want the fuss, use female condoms and then your clean-up is massively reduced. Search on here about that.

For stains, basically anything that's not white can and will stain over time, some faster, some slower, and especially deep, dark colours. The exception is hosiery, which generally does not. So your arch enemy here is cheap lingerie. The more chemical it smells, the worse it will be. But... stains are pretty easy to get out with acne cream (believe it or not), so 10% benzoyl peroxide is your friend. Search on here to find out more. If you want to test clothing, the best way is to press the underwear or whatever against a piece of TPE that is the same formulation as your doll. So like a spare vaginal insert (ask your vendor for one). Just chop a chunk off, put the lingerie or whatever over it, then a big book/weight or whatever and leave for a few hours. If no stain after then, you'll probably be fine.

As to reactions, silicone in particular is to be avoided but can often be found used on women's clothing, especially stockings. Which means if you fancy your girl in hold-ups, don't leave them on for prolonged periods, as you will find rings of tacky flesh around the tops of her legs if you do. Metals like copper and brass (from jewellery, etc.) are also a bad idea.

On cleaning (also in the Newlywed Guide), I find with my (newish) WM doll (had her 2 years now) that general oiling is not really necessary except around stressed areas (armpits, groin, etc.). Usually just a good wash with a mild soap solution or just plain water (baby wipes with 99% water are excellent), then apply a little Pond's cold cream all over (I prefer this to other things like vaseline), plus apply powder generously with a big powder puff and her skin will be silky smooth. Other people will advise oiling and YMMV, so ask around and see what works for you. And once she is beautifully clean, keeping her dressed in things that cover her skin as much as possible, even if only a pair of pantyhose and a long-sleeved shirt, will make sure she gets dirty less quickly. Dolls are unfortunately dust and dirt magnets, so if you fancy your bed companion in just knickers all the time, you'll quickly find you're sleeping with a very grubby girl indeed...

On the positive side of things, I've found that adding aftermarket eyes and eyelids in particular can massively enhance your doll's realism and bring her to life. Learning even the basics of makeup, so giving her lipstick, eyeshadow and some nice fake lashes, will also really make her shine. Mishka (user and general doll guru on this forum) has even done YouTube videos about this, which are well worth watching. Dolls are high maintenance IMHO but it is all positive, so the more you put in (haha) the more you will get out of the experience.

Best of luck and have fun. It's a truly amazing experience, as I hope you'll also find. And this forum is amazingly helpful, so ask away if anything seems wrong or problematic.
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

I wasn't aware of the metal interactions. That's good to know. I'll have to keep an eye on that as well.

One thing I forgot to add, check if the manufacturer of the doll has any specific recommendations. One that seems to vary is hanging the doll for storage using a neck bolt. Many of the vendors sell this as an option but at least one vendor (Starpery) recommends not storing the doll this way, and I've read someone saying even if you have a different brand doll it's better to alternate between storing it flat and hanging. It's also possible that "general maintenance" may vary between brands.

Judas1999
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Judas1999 »

Can you make a doll looking like this mannequin?

Swedish Meatball

Post by Swedish Meatball »

It would be great if the 140 with the #36 head were available in silicone.

elarring

Post by elarring »

wm174G less than a year old and a weld broke at the waist. I was going to attempt a cold weld repair, but the way it broke makes me think it wasn't welded properly. I was curious if you have an idea as to what I should try.
Attachments
20231106_113125.jpg
20231106_113125.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 3836 times
20231106_113039.jpg
20231106_113039.jpg (3.36 MiB) Viewed 3836 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

elarring wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:47 am wm174G less than a year old and a weld broke at the waist. I was going to attempt a cold weld repair, but the way it broke makes me think it wasn't welded properly. I was curious if you have an idea as to what I should try.
Your in the wrong sub forum laddie.

You need to shuffle on over to
viewforum.php?f=7
Where all the repair wizards live.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

elarring

Post by elarring »

RevJack wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:52 am
elarring wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:47 am wm174G less than a year old and a weld broke at the waist. I was going to attempt a cold weld repair, but the way it broke makes me think it wasn't welded properly. I was curious if you have an idea as to what I should try.
Your in the wrong sub forum laddie.

You need to shuffle on over to
viewforum.php?f=7
Where all the repair wizards live.

Reverend Jack
I did, I was hoping the manufacturer might have an insight or repair technique.

just a guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by just a guy »

I would like to inquire about your new TPE. I heard that your new TPE would be oil free is this true and when you are going to make this new TPE available?

Also is it otherwise same as normal TPE like softness wise or and is it more durable for example so it don't tear as easily ?
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

INFORMATIONS