climaxdoll.

Adding head to torso

Torso Only Dolls without limbs, and other partials, could be any simulated body part targeted at fetishes or simply to use as a masturbation toy.
Penny123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Adding head to torso

Post by Penny123 »

Hi all, this a DIY for a headless torso.

I ordered this from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Vaginal ... 3&sr=1-228

The pictures in the ad have now since been corrected but supposedly per the vendor there was a threaded socket in which I could attach a head. Again, they have updated the pictures but the pics showed a threaded socket. When I received the torso, there was no such threaded socket and the neck was just TPE, all flimsy. The vendor was nice enough to offer a refund but I liked the torso shape so much and didn’t want to go through the hassle of returning this and also I like little projects. So I decided to keep it.

I had a head from a “My Size” Disney Frozen Anna and thought about using this body with it. The body height from top of neck to bottom of feet is about 27”. The original doll I think was like 32” including the head, head being about 5” tall so the body seemed about right for a total of about 32” with the new body.

There is an internal skeleton which does not have joints, but is more made up of a hard frame with bendable wires for the arms and legs. Again I liked the shape of the body and there’s another vendor on Amazon that was selling a torso with the same pictures, but when the vendor sent pictures of the actual product, it was odd because there was a head attached from what it seemed and the body seemed more generic looking. Also, I did not like the bright pink paint on the nipples and private area. So I kept this body.

My plan Was to add a 1/4” threaded rod for neck spine with a rod connector, which would duplicate the threaded socket that supposedly this doll was supposed to have. With the threaded socket, I could attach a threaded rod to the head or use multiple heads attaching it the same way with a rod into the rod connector.
Attachments
IMG_7283.png
IMG_7283.png (4.33 MiB) Viewed 186 times

Penny123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Adding head to torso

Post by Penny123 »

It actually was much easier than I thought.

Supplies were a 2 foot length of quarter inch rod, a three pack of rod connectors, both bought at Home Depot. TPE glue and one small automotive radiator clamp. Tools that were used were an X-Acto hobby knife and flat head screwdriver and Shoe Goo, the clear stuff, not the black stuff.

I did all of this from the backside of the torso So any incisions I made would be on the back of the torso.

I first measured the approximate length of the threaded rod. I did not extend it all the way down the spine of the doll because I didn’t want it to poke through the TPE so I went maybe 3/4 of the way down the back along the internal frame of the torso. I marked that area with my finger, just pointing to it, and then held the 1/4” threaded rod from that point up to the top of the neck and subtracted half an inch for the rod connector, as half of the rod from the spine would go into the rod connector, and the other half would allow the head to be attached to the body. I then cut that length of rod.

Once I found how far I wanted the spine to go, I took a metal barbecue skewer and pierced it starting through the center of the neck and using the other hand, threaded it along the internal spine, feeling as I pushed to make sure the tip of the skewer was following close to the spine, until I got to the point where I wanted the end of the spine to go. With the skewer in place, I inserted the threaded rod to the area that I had measured out 3/4 of the way down the spine.

At that point, the rod was inserted next to, or rather laying on top of the spine. I now had to make an incision so I can insert the small radiator clamp to clamp down on the rod and spine. I measured up a couple inches from the bottom of the rod and made a half inch incision. May be a little bit bigger. I had to cut all the way down so I could put the radiator clamp around the spine and the rod. The TPE was stretchable so I took advantage of that so I didn’t have to make a giant cut in order to insert the radiator clamp. Once that was put around the spine and the rod, I tightened it up and it held very securely with just the one clamp so that minimize how many incisions I had to make. When I was planning this out, I thought I would have to make two incisions but I found one was fine for this size torso. I then screwed on the rod connector halfway. At this point, I was done with the body as far as assembling the rod for the neck. Later on after I assembled everything I would put TPE glue that I bought off of Amazon. It is flesh colored and it adheres very well.
Attachments
IMG_7275.jpeg
IMG_7275.jpeg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 184 times
IMG_7276.jpeg
IMG_7276.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 184 times
IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7277.jpeg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 184 times
IMG_7279.jpeg
IMG_7279.jpeg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 184 times
IMG_7278.jpeg
IMG_7278.jpeg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 184 times

Penny123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Penny123 »

Now for the head…

I had to put a lot of thought as to how I was going to attach the rod to the head. The head is made out of hard plastic and has two long braids so it is fairly heavy so I wanted something that was fairly secure. The initial thought was to just add a bit of threaded rod to the neck but then I thought that may be a rod extending through the neck to the top of the head on the inside might be more secure. This is where you have to be a little creative. I have little odds and ends for a little projects, so on the end going Up to the inside of the head, I found a piece of black plastic from a toy car that I used as a collar to hold one of the rod connectors. The other rod connector was inserted into a piece of plastic that was cut off the bottom of a medication container. It was just the bottom, and it just happened to fit inside the neck perfectly. Cutting out a small hole, I was able to insert another rod connector into the medication bottle bottom so that I would have two rod connectors in which the quarter inch rod for the head would be able to screw into and have a little bit of adjustment. I used Shoe Goo to hold the rod connectors in place.

Approximately 1/2” to 3/4” of rod was sticking out of the bottom of the head. This screws into the rod connector on the neck of the torso.
Attachments
IMG_7274.jpeg
IMG_7274.jpeg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 179 times
IMG_7272.jpeg
IMG_7272.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 179 times
IMG_7260.jpeg
IMG_7260.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 179 times

Penny123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Penny123 »

The head screws very easily onto the body with about half inch of the rod sticking out from the head. It is very secure and very strong and I don’t worry about it falling apart. Doing it this way will allow me to use alternate heads on this body. I haven’t used this body for anything except for this experiment project. It is very convenient size to move around being only 32” in height. The quality of it seems pretty decent.

I have a Frozen Elsa head that I may put a 1/4” rod into as well and potentially find a Barbie head. That Elsa ahead is from one of those make up kits that you can buy to do their hair and make up and fingernails. I just grabbed the head off of one I found at a thrift shop. So pretty sure I can find a Barbie head as well if I wanted to. The dress from the 32” Frozen Anna doll does fit this body well surprisingly when I did a quick test fit. Not sure if other “My Size” Barbie clothes will fit. The torso did come with a pink string bra/bikini and also a white camisole/bikini.
Attachments
IMG_7282.jpeg
IMG_7282.jpeg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 175 times
IMG_7281.jpeg
IMG_7281.jpeg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 175 times
IMG_7280.jpeg
IMG_7280.jpeg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 175 times

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Great Job, Not sure why they do not make more TPE/Silicone torsos with M16 head bolt connectors, there are a few out there but not many. :D

Penny123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Penny123 »

Thanks! Yeah would make sense to have more torsos with a head bolt connector but I just figure it’s cost savings thing. Wanted to do this in the cheap and when I saw the body it looked very much like the body used for a full doll with head but that was selling for around $250 and the head was an anime type head that was just ok looking. Figured this was $99 (and now even cheaper at $90. Of course the price drops after I buy it! Maybe because there’s no neck socket) so thought this would be good for my Anna head. I like projects so thought why not.

I’ve found on Amazon some vendors offer products that are different than the pictures. Sort of how eBay sometimes does this. One time I bought what was advertised as a fully decked out 1/6 scale Harley Quinn figure only to have the pictures in the ad changed the day before the delivery date and they set me a little 1/12 scale plastic Harley Quinn. Other times you’ll get a knock off figure when they have pics of a figure made by a reputable company.

So with this figure I figured I would cut my losses as far as no neck threaded socket and keep it since I already had it and like the shape of it. The other ad had the same pics but the pics they sent didn’t make sense as I could see a head attached (Which didn’t match the ad pics) and also it didn’t have a nice shape. Looked very generic and cheap with bright pink paint in the nipples and private area. This one had really nice curves and pretty sure is the same body as the doll that costs like 2.5x the price. I haven’t checked the feet yet as they are still covered but the fingers have nice finger nails and the butt is super nice on this one. The seller apologized for the difference in the threaded neck socket and quickly changed the ad pics as the supplier changed the neck socket.

Sorry for the long post!

INFORMATIONS