Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Clarification Needed: Where to Draw the Line on Cleanliness?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Neonbanshee

Clarification Needed: Where to Draw the Line on Cleanliness?

Post by Neonbanshee »

Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research on maintaining my RealDoll and ensuring it stays in good condition. One thing that's been on my mind is the issue of cleanliness and hygiene. I understand the importance of washing hands before handling the doll to avoid transferring any dirt and oils etc. However, I'm also aware that trace amounts of various substances can be found on almost everything we touch.

My question is: where do we draw the line between acceptable trace amounts and what requires more extensive cleaning? It seems impractical to expect absolute sterility, yet I want to make sure I'm taking the right steps to keep my doll in top condition without unnecessary worry.

For example, say I eat a meal on the living room coffee table while watching a movie. After I finish eating I notice maybe some crumbs or a drop of sauce and so I wipe it off with a damp cloth. The next day I sit with my doll on the sofa in front of the same table and my hand touches the table and then the doll. Is it a problem I didnt thoroughly clean the table cause technically food bacteria could have transfered from it to my hand to my doll?

This has been bothering me because I feel this sort of thing can extend way further than just this scenario.

Does anyone have advice to give on this topic?

Thanks everyone,
Neon :glou:

Miss Barkley
Doll
Doll

Re: Clarification Needed: Where to Draw the Line on Cleanliness?

Post by Miss Barkley »

Neonbanshee wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:11 pm
where do we draw the line between acceptable trace amounts and what requires more extensive cleaning? It seems impractical to expect absolute sterility, yet I want to make sure I'm taking the right steps to keep my doll in top condition without unnecessary worry.
Just relax, keep your body and hands
clean as much as you can
have a great playtime with your dolll
and enjoy in all the beauty of her...

🗃️ Tessy's Drawer

Zephyrus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Clarification Needed: Where to Draw the Line on Cleanliness?

Post by Zephyrus »

It's very much down to your own level of hypochondria. Some people treat their dolls after a bit of fun almost as if she's nuclear waste and go on an extensive cleaning regime that'd make the Fukushima cleanup look like a quick wipe. At the other end of the scale of course are those who like to give their own immune system a good workout. Where you are on that scale is impossible for anyone else to guess.

But as an approximate guide, suppose you lube up your favourite hand and give yourself a quick knuckle shuffle, whatever cleanup you do after that would probably be sufficient for your doll, although with one extra step: make sure she's dry inside, because a closed space with water is good for growing mould.

INFORMATIONS