betterlovedoll.com

How to hide threads you don't want to see?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

How to hide threads you don't want to see?

Post by Kira-sama »

Is there any way to hide threads you don't want to see?

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: How to hide threads you don't want to see?

Post by Tsall »

Moved to the help forum.

As far as I know there is no way to hide threads. You can hide posts from defined members, bot nut complete threads.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

Tsall wrote:Moved to the help forum.

As far as I know there is no way to hide threads. You can hide posts from defined members, bot nut complete threads.
Ok thanks for the help :)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Well, to start with, do not open them.

I am assuming you are referring by thread title or OP or section, as I can not think of another way for the software to have an application to filter these out in any accounts preferences otherwise.

So self filtering is potentially the best method.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

Anung Un Rama wrote:Well, to start with, do not open them.

I am assuming you are referring by thread title or OP or section, as I can not think of another way for the software to have an application to filter these out in any accounts preferences otherwise.

So self filtering is potentially the best method.

Anung
Yes, that's correct. Although, I'm referring only to the thread title.

Thanks for the help also :)

manfredixon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by manfredixon »

I too was wondering the same thing; every time I visit TDF I first go straight to the "Your own posts" section, and when I'm done checking the updates there, I usually move on to visiting my fav subforums such as different manufacturers, etc.

Now, I've posted in quite a few threads in the past that I have very little interest in seeing now, but since they're friggin' mastodontic mega-threads with something like 40-60 pages that updates constantly, it would be fantastic if there were a function that allowed us users to "unfollow" a certain thread. Or perhaps even automatically after not having posted in it for a certain amount of time. I'm guessing there are limitations in the forum coding that prevents that, but still. One could wish... :)
MFDX.SE WEBSITE & YOUTUBE >> YES! Doll photo sets and videos - go watch!

Currently doll-less! Past companions: 155cm Siluomei, 140cm Siluomei, 155cm IronTech, WMDoll 162B, XY Doll 168B, XY Doll 148D, Starpery 169C, Starpery 171A
Photo galleries: XY Doll gallery 1 - Gallery addition 1 - Gallery addition 2

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Love it...... That's Funny... :haha4:
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Sp0ngeWorthy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sp0ngeWorthy »

manfredixon wrote:I too was wondering the same thing; every time I visit TDF I first go straight to the "Your own posts" section, and when I'm done checking the updates there, I usually move on to visiting my fav subforums such as different manufacturers, etc.

Now, I've posted in quite a few threads in the past that I have very little interest in seeing now, but since they're friggin' mastodontic mega-threads with something like 40-60 pages that updates constantly, it would be fantastic if there were a function that allowed us users to "unfollow" a certain thread. Or perhaps even automatically after not having posted in it for a certain amount of time. I'm guessing there are limitations in the forum coding that prevents that, but still. One could wish... :)
Pretty much correct in that the admins here didn't write the base phpbb software this is running on. They appear to be running the server and have definitely modded it themselves or used open source mods but your request is more to do with deeper functioning levels of the code than the display/format side. Fundamentally, your request makes perfect sense. I think nearly every user would end up using those features. But you're barking up the wrong tree. You'd want to go join the phpbb community as well and see what kind of momentum there is behind the changes you mentioned.
WM 164-J Racquel Reborn
WM 162-E Racquel #336 & #162 - Retired

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

manfredixon wrote:I too was wondering the same thing; every time I visit TDF I first go straight to the "Your own posts" section, and when I'm done checking the updates there, I usually move on to visiting my fav subforums such as different manufacturers, etc.

It's a little different for me. I'm not interested in seeing the titles anymore after seeing them or I know what's inside for reasons I can't post here due to forum rules and personal reasons. I'm interested in something more like a block list for threads.

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

justintime wrote:
Love it...... That's Funny... :haha4:
I guess it is, but it doesn't help with what I'm trying to achieve.

INFORMATIONS