betterlovedoll.com

View count?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

View count?

Post by Star88 »

Not a problem or concern, but a question regarding "views" on a thread vs post...
I added a post/photo to a thread when the view count (thread) was at 23800. since then the count has increased to 23924, a gain of 124 however the actual post (photo view) count is only 43. I'm curious what causes the discrepancy between the two? Does the count tally differently if someone opens the thread at the topic start, vs most recent post ?

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: View count?

Post by Panther68 »

Star88 wrote:Not a problem or concern, but a question regarding "views" on a thread vs post...
I added a post/photo to a thread when the view count (thread) was at 23800. since then the count has increased to 23924, a gain of 124 however the actual post (photo view) count is only 43. I'm curious what causes the discrepancy between the two? Does the count tally differently if someone opens the thread at the topic start, vs most recent post ?
Hey Star, pretty confident that you just answered your own question. :D

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Photo view counts are always higher at the start of the thread and the newest page of the thread has to be actively clicked on to see your post. So 30k thread views at the stuff posted on page 1 but at page 53 it depends on how many people click that page 53 to actively look.

Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Star88 »

Asked and answered :thumbs_up: I guess normaly I click on last/most recent post and my lazy thinking just lead me to the belief that was just how everyone did it.

INFORMATIONS