www.wmdolls.com

First doll arrived! Some questions

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Qlaire

First doll arrived! Some questions

Post by Qlaire »

Hi! Got my first doll delivered today and maaaan it was a real drag to get her upstairs. 8O You guys weren't kidding that it's super heavy!

It is a WM 165 cup D.

Since I'm totally new to the doll scene, I do have some question for the experienced doll fans here.

1. The manual says that it is not a good idea to let her sit for long periods of time. I have a really soft couch chair and I was planning to let her sit there for awhile, since I don't really have a place yet to lie her down. Is it that bad for her to be in a sitting position?

2. Any easy ways to move her around? Moving her from downstairs to upstairs took like all of my energy. I will probably not move her downstairs again, but I might be willing to move her around in my room.

3. What are the downsides of using her as a statue. Which means letting her stand up against a wall for longer periods of time?

Will try to include some more photo's if I get the hang of those photo apps and get her in the right position.

Thanks! :D
Attachments
IMG_20211202_200024.jpg
IMG_20211202_200024.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 624 times
IMG_20211202_195922.jpg
IMG_20211202_195922.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 624 times
IMG_20211202_195848.jpg
IMG_20211202_195848.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 624 times

zerp40k

Re: First doll arrived! Some questions

Post by zerp40k »

1. Letting her sit with bent legs will cause creases at the hip where the thigh bends, so if you are're fine with that then theres no problem. there are many owners that have their dolls sitting

2. Sounds like you made the ol' "buy a heavy doll as the first" mistake. Moving dolls around takes a bit of practice. If I have to move mine more than a few steps I usually carry them like you would a bride (google it) or I bear hug them with one arm around the chest and the other below the butt for lift. I bought some weights to work out with, to make it easier :-)

3. None if the doll has standing feet, if not, then it will destroy her feet. Just be sure she leans against something and has padding if she leans against a wall. Otherwise the weight will most likely be on her butt and it will flatten over time. What I do is I have a pillow between the wall and the lower back, that way the butt isn't touching the wall.

My dolls are usually standing, because I want to avoid the hip/thigh creasing.
My Girls:
Emma - WM158A
Sara - WM157B
?? - XY148
WM166C
WM172D
SM156A

Qlaire

Post by Qlaire »

zerp40k wrote:1. Letting her sit with bent legs will cause creases at the hip where the thigh bends, so if you are're fine with that then theres no problem. there are many owners that have their dolls sitting

2. Sounds like you made the ol' "buy a heavy doll as the first" mistake. Moving dolls around takes a bit of practice. If I have to move mine more than a few steps I usually carry them like you would a bride (google it) or I bear hug them with one arm around the chest and the other below the butt for lift. I bought some weights to work out with, to make it easier :-)

3. None if the doll has standing feet, if not, then it will destroy her feet. Just be sure she leans against something and has padding if she leans against a wall. Otherwise the weight will most likely be on her butt and it will flatten over time. What I do is I have a pillow between the wall and the lower back, that way the butt isn't touching the wall.

My dolls are usually standing, because I want to avoid the hip/thigh creasing.
Hey thanks a lot for your answer! I'm having fun dressing her up, but boy.. it's not easy. Well.. lesson learned. Never underestimating a doll's weight again. :lol:

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Congratulations on your new lady! :angel:

For the past 7 years, all of my dolls have been standing against the wall leaning against a strip of foam that I made from the foam that comes in the delivery boxes! :wink:
And welcome to the TDF Qlaire! :multi:
Cheers! :glou:
Storage.JPG
Storage.JPG (205.69 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

They are heavy, aren't they? But if you work out the centre of gravity and really and truly always lift with your thighs and calves, you should be fine. I'm guessing your girl is quite a bit heavier than my 163/C, and she's quite a weight if I'm not paying attention to how I'm holding her.

Poppy stands in her very own closet when not out for photos, play or anything else and I'd invest in some nice thick-soled sneakers with high tops for this. I have some by Kappa which are absolutely brilliant. Big and soft and also very cute in such a small size.

Have fun, I think she has really gorgeous eyes!

Mikey!
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

I bought a hand ttuck from Home Depot to move my doll around, works great for stairs. She stands on the thing with a couple of bungee cords wrapped around her and the hand truck, then I go backwards up the stairs one stair at a time.

Phil
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.34.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.34.49 PM.png (46.96 KiB) Viewed 598 times

Qlaire

Post by Qlaire »

gogodolls wrote:Congratulations on your new lady! :angel:

For the past 7 years, all of my dolls have been standing against the wall leaning against a strip of foam that I made from the foam that comes in the delivery boxes! :wink:
And welcome to the TDF Qlaire! :multi:
Storage.JPG
Wow that IS really creative! I was almost about to throw those away but your idea is genius!

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Qlaire wrote:Wow that IS really creative! I was almost about to throw those away but your idea is genius!
Thank you! :thumbs_up:

With several dolls around, I had to find an easy way to store them! :wink: (And I like to recycle when I get the opportunity!) :whistle:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

INFORMATIONS