realsexdoll.com

The wait. The BRUTAL BRUTAL wait. *support group*

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Vampire_Jesus

Re: The wait. The BRUTAL BRUTAL wait. *support group*

Post by Vampire_Jesus »

Each passing day without an update is eroding said enthusiasm steadily. I've gotten to a point where I get slightly disappointed when I check my email and see nothing from FedEx, it's difficult to focus on much of anything else. I don't know why. Many people here have been waiting much longer and I'm usually pretty good at not letting my hopes get too high, but something's different this time. I find myself not even wanting to consider a delay or a worst case scenario, which is asinine and silly. I know when I do see that tracking finally move, it'll be a jolt of excitement again. I just wish it showed literally any movement overseas still, rather than stay in one status until she's out for delivery.
I have a lovely lady, she means a lot to me.
She's not welcome here, so we've moved on.

xemoxxx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xemoxxx »

Factory pics!
Attachments
IMG_2285.MOV
(44.67 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
IMG_2302.MOV
(8.26 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
IMG_2290.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1443 times

MechaTortilla
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by MechaTortilla »

Ordered my first doll two weeks ago, and was given a "production time" of 5-6 weeks.

I'm assuming that doesn't include transit time for shipping, so I'm going to assume another week on top of that.

Which means most likely scenario is mid-December, which feels like a long time.

Partly it's the fact that I'm just looking forward to the doll arriving, and partly that it's a fairly large purchase and there's always a concern about complications.

Also, I know the manufacturer is in China and support will be limited if there are actually any complications.

So I'm starting to really see why this thread exists, and why it's as popular as it is.

Large sums of money, risky shipping, limited support, and the end result being something that is expected to bring a lot of joy.

It's a recipe for anticipation.

Hopefully Santa comes early and I'm not sitting around on New Years wondering what FedEx or Customs is doing.

You all have my sincerest sympathies, because this really is a brutal wait.

Vampire_Jesus

Post by Vampire_Jesus »

xemoxxx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:21 am Factory pics!
Nice! She's lookin' good 8) May the rest of the wait be swift and safe!
:glou:
MechaTortilla wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:13 pm Ordered my first doll two weeks ago, and was given a "production time" of 5-6 weeks.

I'm assuming that doesn't include transit time for shipping, so I'm going to assume another week on top of that.

Partly it's the fact that I'm just looking forward to the doll arriving, and partly that it's a fairly large purchase and there's always a concern about complications.

Also, I know the manufacturer is in China and support will be limited if there are actually any complications.

So I'm starting to really see why this thread exists, and why it's as popular as it is.

Large sums of money, risky shipping, limited support, and the end result being something that is expected to bring a lot of joy.

Hopefully Santa comes early and I'm not sitting around on New Years wondering what FedEx or Customs is doing.

Welcome to the wait... add on top of what you mentioned about the price and concerns for complications, a lot of people (myself included) are looking for some kind of companionship to either fill the absence of any or supplement what they do have. I can't speak to the wait when you already have possession of a doll, but I can say for sure that the very first one is tough to weather at times. From what I've been able to gather, at least if you order a doll from an approved TDF vendor, in the worst case scenario they'll have your back.

It could be longer than an additional week for shipping, I ordered a doll from a chinese manufacturer as well and this is what my timeline has looked like thus far.

9/29 - Order finalized, production started.
10/26 - Factory photos (decently fast considering 10/1 - 10/7 was golden week)
10/29 - FedEx label created, no further updates.

I was also given a 5-6 week estimate but I don't believe that was specifically for production. I have 2 separate emails with slightly different verbiage on shipping times, one says "2 weeks to arrive in your country and clear customs", whereas the other says "After the tracking number, it will take around 2 weeks to arrive". To me, the first one implies it won't even get to the US until at least 2 weeks, whereas the other I read as it will be at my doorstep within 2 weeks. This Sunday marks the end of the 2nd week, so my hopes for arrival by then are not high.

xemoxxx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xemoxxx »

Vampire_Jesus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:56 pm
xemoxxx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:21 am Factory pics!
Nice! She's lookin' good 8) May the rest of the wait be swift and safe!
:glou:
Thanks , wish you the same :) , Should not be too long since yours already shipped by the looks of it. & Mine should be sent on it's journey soon i guess.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

MechaTortilla wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:13 pm Ordered my first doll two weeks ago, and was given a "production time" of 5-6 weeks.
Hey, MT.

Ordered my first less than a week ago, but with a similar estimated timeline.

I'm currently just keeping my fingers crossed that the delivery doesn't try to land on the 8 days around Christmas when I'll be out of town. :? As much as I'd prefer it to happen earlier rather than later, I'd just as soon not have to wrangle with the shipper about that.

My sympathies to everyone as well! I'm working with Jeff at Booty Call Dolls, and he's been good about helping me get my expectations set properly. Still... really looking forward to meeting my girl. :multi:

--mibdul

Vampire_Jesus

Post by Vampire_Jesus »

mibdul wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:36 pm My sympathies to everyone as well! I'm working with Jeff at Booty Call Dolls, and he's been good about helping me get my expectations set properly. Still... really looking forward to meeting my girl. :multi:

--mibdul
What did you end up ordering? Hoping you get her before the holidays rather than after!

theplaket
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by theplaket »

Oh the wait indeed. Surprisingly I've been patient the whole time, but I can't help but feel anxious and excited because my doll should be arriving tomorrow.

> I ordered my ElsaBasbe doll from MyRobotDolls on September 20th. They were fantastic and super responsive on helping me make many last second changes and adjustments.

> Soon after, they got back to me with factory photos on October 24th.
(This was much quicker then I expected, and everything looked good so I instantly approved it after careful examinations.)

> It didn't take much longer after that for them to reach out and inform me that the tracking number was made and it was on it's way, which I was notified on October 27th.

This is my very first doll, and while I'm usually one who goes out their way to be over-prepared and research, I still know that in practice it's going to be a doozy getting used to. While I wish I put more money into a 148cm doll, I instead opted for a 125cm doll after comprising between height for storage concerns, and weight. With this thing being about 4ft and 43 pounds of dead weight, I think it would be a decent starter, no?

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

Vampire_Jesus wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:04 pm What did you end up ordering? Hoping you get her before the holidays rather than after!
Thanks for the good wishes! I hope your lack of tracking info turns around soon.

I ended up choosing a Zelex X165 with the 94 and 95 heads. I'll admit that I'm of two minds about when she arrives. Obviously, part of me wants her to get here as soon as possible. However, if she doesn't show until after I return from my Christmas trip then my time getting to know her doesn't get interrupted. So, bit of a toss-up there.

MechaTortilla
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by MechaTortilla »

theplaket wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:53 pm With this thing being about 4ft and 43 pounds of dead weight, I think it would be a decent starter, no?
That's in the ballpark of a standard water jug on top of the office water cooler, just more awkwardly shaped. If you're good with a 5 gallon water jug you'll probably be good with the doll.

(I just realized that might only be a North American thing. I don't know office water cooler sizing standards for other countries, so sorry if that's not a relatable analogy)

My order weighs in at around 32kg/70lbs, and that was at the upper end of what I thought would be manageable. I guess I'll find out how right/wrong I am about that assumption soon enough.

Vampire_Jesus

Post by Vampire_Jesus »

theplaket wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:53 pm Oh the wait indeed. Surprisingly I've been patient the whole time, but I can't help but feel anxious and excited because my doll should be arriving tomorrow.

> I ordered my ElsaBasbe doll from MyRobotDolls on September 20th. They were fantastic and super responsive on helping me make many last second changes and adjustments.

(This was much quicker then I expected, and everything looked good so I instantly approved it after careful examinations.)

> It didn't take much longer after that for them to reach out and inform me that the tracking number was made and it was on it's way, which I was notified on October 27th.

This is my very first doll, and while I'm usually one who goes out their way to be over-prepared and research, I still know that in practice it's going to be a doozy getting used to. While I wish I put more money into a 148cm doll, I instead opted for a 125cm doll after comprising between height for storage concerns, and weight. With this thing being about 4ft and 43 pounds of dead weight, I think it would be a decent starter, no?
The brutal wait coming to a close, always a good thing 8) I know it's a different manufacturer/vendor, but if yours is arriving tomorrow and you got tracking on 10/27 maybe the tracking gods will see fit to move mine very soon... At any rate, I'd say that's a good starter weight wise for sure!
mibdul wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:15 pm Thanks for the good wishes! I hope your lack of tracking info turns around soon.

I ended up choosing a Zelex X165 with the 94 and 95 heads. I'll admit that I'm of two minds about when she arrives. Obviously, part of me wants her to get here as soon as possible. However, if she doesn't show until after I return from my Christmas trip then my time getting to know her doesn't get interrupted. So, bit of a toss-up there.
Sweeet, that 95 head seems quite popular (and with good reason! :whistle: ) It would be best for her to arrive before I think, just because then you could be assured that she won't get caught up in the delivery soup that is the holidays. Safe and sound would be good peace of mind for the trip, but I guess it's all good as long as she doesn't arrive during the trip, eh?

I'm hoping I can come in here like a giddy child before the week is over with some tracking update, but I also don't want to let my hopes get too high. If she's stuck somewhere or getting bamboozled by customs I have no way of knowing.

peter-holland

Post by peter-holland »

no news...
"More human than human is our motto."

AngelKiss AK 175cm D-cup, light tan, heads S159 (soft silicone, green eyes) + S266 (hard silicone, blue eyes)
WM Dolls 175cm D-cup, tan, heads 398 (ROS, green eyes) + 408 (light blue eyes)
Annika: Zelex 172cm E-cup SLE, tan, head ZXE203 (grey eyes)

theplaket
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by theplaket »

theplaket wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:53 pm Oh the wait indeed. Surprisingly I've been patient the whole time, but I can't help but feel anxious and excited because my doll should be arriving tomorrow.

UPDATE: She's arrived! I was a bit too excited to do a whole set of photos for the unboxing, but I think I'll do a separate thread on this experience and a review. I instantly took her out and my wife and I set her up and dressed her in the cosplay clothes and wig I ordered, which magically fit pretty perfectly. The character she's resembling is Himiko Toga from My Hero Academia. I'm not quite a fan of the series but I did love Himiko's design.
PXL_20231109_230302449.jpg
PXL_20231109_230302449.jpg (555.5 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
Overall I'm quite satisfied. At first it took an hour to get used to how small she is. I just wish the torso, shoulders & hips were wider and more filled out. Other than that, for my first impressions for my first doll which came with 3 free wigs and 3 sets of clothes + free underwear and a set of eyes, I can't complain, its pretty great!

I wish the best of luck and speed to the rest of you all with your shipping, production & deliveries.

Vampire_Jesus

Post by Vampire_Jesus »

Lookin' good, glad she arrived safe and sound. Enjoy the honyemoon 8)

If anyone has recommendations for sleeping pills that'll put me down for a week I'm all ears. Label created is haunting my every moment in the waking world.
Additionally, if we can get a strike team to give the EU customs a swift kick in their asses for holding things until the end of time, I'm sure it'd be appreciated by many.

Vampire_Jesus

Post by Vampire_Jesus »

Holy shitballs it's happening... I hope this isn't a dream! :multi:

It does say delivery date unavailable, but I'm going to assume that's perfectly normal since it only just updated. Home stretch, hopefully! :D
Attachments
59bb0e239a07cf219c96220b03818376.png
59bb0e239a07cf219c96220b03818376.png (15.13 KiB) Viewed 1185 times

INFORMATIONS