Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss falling behind?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Abyss falling behind?

Post by TJ_Foxx »

mini bill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 pm I think all the dolls look like 1990's American trans male prostitutes. Masculine facial features, heavy makeup and meaty bodies. But I like very feminine petite women, pixie like. AI, like replika and chat gpt takes a large amount of processing power. If an asian company had the same standards of customer services, quality control, delivery/packaging standards as realdoll, and they made dolls at the level of Tayu, then they would hands down dominate the whole industry.
Here is one of those meaty-bodied 1990's American trans prositutes for you.

TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

I wanted to chime in, I haven’t been active posting on here for a while but do check the for sale threads and always check this sub forum while visiting. I know how frustrating it can be on waiting for a response. I do not have a doll ordered now but I can tell you Abyss has always delivered. Since I bought my first doll over 20 years ago they have never cheated me. Even when I have ordered accessories from them, they delivered. May not have been as quickly as purchasing items in the past but they did deliver and I still think make the best dolls available.

Brick

Post by Brick »

A couple of my best herds, there have been many..... :lol:
86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG
86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG (97.96 KiB) Viewed 943 times
86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG
86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG (97.96 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Attachments
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 943 times
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Crashtodon2

Post by Crashtodon2 »

Honestly I would have never expected such a reaction from Abyss, this sounds quite the opposite of how to treat concerned users. Really grinds with the prestige image of the brand.
Irokebijin 95cm silicone · Rico B - Review - Galleries

lexico

Post by lexico »

Brick wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:54 pm A couple of my best herds, there have been many..... :lol: 86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG
Oh my, mini bill's description came to mind -- 1990's American trans male prostitutes. Masculine facial features, heavy makeup and meaty bodies.
One of the first owners of a Real Doll (1997).
Currently no doll, but here are my "finalists": FanReal, Real Lady, XYColo, Zelex SLE.
If you have information to share, send me a PM!

Brick

Post by Brick »

lexico wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Brick wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:54 pm A couple of my best herds, there have been many..... :lol: 86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG86082EBF-8ED2-4066-A755-FCAE934708C6.JPG
Oh my, mini bill's description came to mind -- 1990's American trans male prostitutes. Masculine facial features, heavy makeup and meaty bodies.
Well, the only thing I can say is you and mini Bill must of had a lot of interaction with Trans male prostitutes, to be able to identify that. I wouldnt know what a Trans Male prostitute looks like..........Lol!

ovbtlwivxi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ovbtlwivxi »

Come on, that's needlessly insulting and it derails this thread for readers who honestly hope to learn something. This is just pissing on other people's taste for no good reason.

(And if there's a review thread anywhere by someone who owns both a Tayu and a Realdoll and can do a side by side comparison, I'd love to know!)
mini bill wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 pm I think all the dolls look like 1990's American trans male prostitutes. Masculine facial features, heavy makeup and meaty bodies. But I like very feminine petite women, pixie like. AI, like replika and chat gpt takes a large amount of processing power. If an asian company had the same standards of customer services, quality control, delivery/packaging standards as realdoll, and they made dolls at the level of Tayu, then they would hands down dominate the whole industry.

ovbtlwivxi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ovbtlwivxi »

These are excellent photos, thanks for sharing.
TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:35 pm

ovbtlwivxi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ovbtlwivxi »

Supersoul wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:05 am I have 4 Real Dolls in my care and I think the world of them, a 12 year journey so far since my original Body A Face D 'Jade' arrived and she is still in pretty amazing condition, I had sex with her last Friday and it was awesome! The 2 Body B's I have, have not lasted as well but the new Body A Face D 'Jess' is now 7 years old and it is in excellent condition, she has benefited from the experience of long term RD ownership, she is absolutely incredible.
Durability is difficult to find data on and a doll that lasts 7 years should be worth a lot more than one that lasts 1-2 years. Your numbers are very impressive.
Supersoul wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:05 am Has it occurred to any of you that Abyss may not need or want your doll order? They have abandoned TDF, clearly.
Yes, that's clear. They miss out on a few potential buyers by not making the effort, but I probably wouldn't bother either if I was in their position.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

ovbtlwivxi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:51 pm These are excellent photos, thanks for sharing.
TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:35 pm
Thanks! I appreciate it. 👍🏻
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Brick

Post by Brick »

ovbtlwivxi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:49 pm Come on, that's needlessly insulting and it derails this thread for readers who honestly hope to learn something. This is just pissing on other people's taste for no good reason.

(And if there's a review thread anywhere by someone who owns both a Tayu and a Realdoll and can do a side by side comparison, I'd love to know!)
No one likes the truth. Is it just bagging on real Doll oooooooooor you have had a lot of interaction with Male Trans Prostitutes to pick up on this particular look. Male Trans Prostitute is a pretty specific type to know that well. Dont you think?? I honestly dont think I could pick out a male trans prostitute from a group of prostitutes in general that looked like that group of Real Dolls. But mini Bill locked right on that type and you seem to agree. I am just being honest in my observations...

foofighter12

Post by foofighter12 »

Good looking harem, love the blonde on the left. By the way, is the skin color on realdolls painted on or is it the actual color of the silicone? I ask because I know some silicone dolls are fully painted vs pigmented through.

Brick

Post by Brick »

foofighter12 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:43 pm
Good looking harem, love the blonde on the left. By the way, is the skin color on realdolls painted on or is it the actual color of the silicone? I ask because I know some silicone dolls are fully painted vs pigmented through.
Thank you, the little blonde s a Sky p4 body in medium skin tone and yes the silicone is tinted that color. There is some airbrushing done on the bodies to create detail, like veins and realistic skin shading. However the body is sealed so that painted areas will not come off under normal wear and tear..

Brick

Post by Brick »

Brick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:49 pm
DocWen wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:39 pm
Brick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:07 pm Did any of you guys know that every shipment of silicone RD gets, a sample has to go to a chemist to get the correct additive levels to create the doll bodies?
Why? That would be the critical part of your statement.

Is their silicone better than everyone else? If so, how?

And where is this information available to the average consumer?

Calling people (basically) uninformed dolts and then not giving them any real info, not helpful. Just highlights that getting info about a very expensive (comparatively) doll is difficult and opaque.
No, every shipment of silicone is slightly, chemically different. However, adding chemicals to the silicone for softness and durability has to be uniform with the chemical consistency of the base silicone. And then you get into proprietary info that cant be shared. Companys have to do that to protect their production secrets. So thats why its so difficult and opaque. I do give the important info to the Dolts about the dolls and Robots. However, the Dolts just keep asking the same questions over and over, like they will get a different answer. I even have a O/F page up for $5 you can get all the info available, including videos showing all the dolls and robots in action. Every ? you can think of is covered there, except for the legal ones I cant go into. I have tried to make it Dolt proof, but thats tough........just kidding!
I just wanted to make something clear. When I walked into the Abyss facility 5-6 yrs ago, I was a DOLT! I was the DOLTIEST doll owner ever. I didnt know shit about silicone dolls, even though I had been fucking them for almost 10 yrs.. Everything I thought I new was wrong and I thought I was a pretty smart guy, at least above average. However, I had 6month grunts showing me just how Dolty I was. I would throw out an opinion or make an assumptive statement and they would roll their eyes and snicker at me. Then they would show me how it really was. The artists were worse, I learned to shut up, be humble and learn about silicone sex dolls from the experts. So just sack up and quit whining about my educational style and listen to what I say. You may really learn something about Real Dolls that will help you make an informed $10k decision..

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

ovbtlwivxi wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:49 pm Come on, that's needlessly insulting and it derails this thread for readers who honestly hope to learn something. This is just pissing on other people's taste for no good reason.

Exactly. I am all for discussing real issues related to build quality or time delays or costs. But sledging them as a whole is just plain trolling. I've had a look at some of the real dolls that are available and I think there are some amazing sculpts. And even if they weren't, what right do I have to judge another person's preferences? What right does anyone have to do that?

INFORMATIONS