Starpery.com

Recieved doll - there are multiple indentations all over the body

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
magnussam

Re: Recieved doll - there are multiple indentations all over the body

Post by magnussam »

SinsuaLuvr wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm Definitely contact the vendor with both pictures and video showing the damage is consistent and not a temporary dimple from pressure.

Did the vendor provide any factory photos for your review prior to shipping? That would be your only indication of what was before shipping and after.

Seems like a bad silicone mold pour to me. Id guess the foam core underlay is collapsing or bubbles settling wrong. Unfortunately it’s been a common occurrence lately as they try new softer silicone blends and new weight saving foam cores. Sometimes it appears as dimples or like the skin is shifting and “sluffing” oddly as the core shifts and silicone settles or separates.

Hopefully the vendor will offer some remedy …
Good point about the foam core issue as well.

bbc3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by bbc3 »

If it's a TDF approved vendor always reach out to them first before coming here.

rsx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rsx »

Seller did reply. Mostly. He spoke with the factory and the consensus is that I caused it when I cleaned her in the shower from holding her too tightly. I had her on my lap and used a shower nozzle, most of the time. I guess I'm not supposed to clean it? Who knows.

The issue is slowly resolving, here's some updated photos.
Attachments
2024-04-19-08-28-26-799.jpg
2024-04-19-08-28-26-799.jpg (146.62 KiB) Viewed 316 times
2024-04-19-08-27-36-025.jpg
2024-04-19-08-27-36-025.jpg (161.39 KiB) Viewed 316 times
2024-04-19-08-27-32-314.jpg
2024-04-19-08-27-32-314.jpg (183.82 KiB) Viewed 316 times
2024-04-19-08-27-27-449.jpg
2024-04-19-08-27-27-449.jpg (286.54 KiB) Viewed 316 times
2024-04-19-08-26-03-902.jpg
2024-04-19-08-26-03-902.jpg (234.55 KiB) Viewed 316 times

TobyToby

Post by TobyToby »

It is my "OPINION" that these dolls are the vendors property until the delevery driver signs it over to the owner. They should have packaged it better, and are liable. They probably wouldn't agree with me but, I believe they should be responsible up to this point.

I don't think this is a shipping problem. This once again is, "MY OPINION". For the doll vendor, this is not a formula for success, "ONCE AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION".

Good luck mate.

TobyToby

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Super soft silicone or ultra soft anything will be prone to damages or pressure dents. A good vendor would warn us these things before purchasing. Others sometimes ignore the warning label and demand a new doll. I said this before but those options are just bad if there’s no better way to prevent these incidents easily. It’s not a specific manufacturer issue it’s a general concern.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

My bet is that it happened in customs.
Piper brand... Well known for controversial dolls.
Especially if the size is around or less than 150 cm.
If the face is young looking, that may be another reason.
I could see this doll laid out on a table. On top of something, with other things on top of the doll.
Soft, and kept out for a few days waiting for someone to make a judgement ruling, could have caused this.

Notify the vendor. Stricter laws are everywhere. Customs is under a lot of pressure.

Worst case. No resolution. It may take a month or 2, but I would imagine the dents will reduce, maybe even completely.
Good luck.
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

A few months ago, a certain number of very light but still soft dolls had this kind of problem. At least three well-known brands were affected by this problem, on innovative series.
This was due to the foam under the silicone, which was light and soft but not elastic enough: it sank in but did not regain its shape well afterwards. The brands concerned seem to have corrected the problem (by returning to a little less softness).
What happened to your doll is very similar to what was reported in threads regarding these issues.
If this is the case, you will need to handle her very delicately, pressing with the palm of the hand rather than the fingers.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

rsx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rsx »

This doll has become a headache. I hung it up by its hook in the closet for two days and some of the bruises resolved, some didn't, and trying to do anything useful with it resulted in more bruises. Didn't matter how gentle I was with it. This feels like a cycle that's going to repeat until eventually the doll looks like swiss cheese. I massage the bruises out with varying degrees of success but it doesn't matter because more are created. The listing might as well say "Hey bro, you can buy this doll from a reputable company but if you try to use her normally, you're going to damage it. But it's cool, bro, piper doll is a good brand. All paid up? Great, there's a two month backlog." Nobody would buy one if they knew that upfront.

I'm filing a return, it's still under warranty through paypal in the event he tells me to pound sand.

I save for two months to buy it, wait another two months until I received it, and within days it showed signs of issues. This thing is going to fall apart in a few months if it sticks around. No more dolls for me, never again.
Attachments
before and after.png
before and after.png (579.31 KiB) Viewed 221 times
2024-04-21-03-47-25-796.jpg
2024-04-21-03-47-25-796.jpg (191.38 KiB) Viewed 226 times
2024-04-21-03-46-29-831.jpg
2024-04-21-03-46-29-831.jpg (128.03 KiB) Viewed 226 times
2024-04-21-03-46-00-635.jpg
2024-04-21-03-46-00-635.jpg (198.11 KiB) Viewed 226 times
2024-04-21-03-44-39-374.jpg
2024-04-21-03-44-39-374.jpg (135.08 KiB) Viewed 226 times
2024-04-21-03-44-26-144.jpg
2024-04-21-03-44-26-144.jpg (150.87 KiB) Viewed 226 times

rsx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rsx »

Pussy69 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm Super soft silicone or ultra soft anything will be prone to damages or pressure dents. A good vendor would warn us these things before purchasing. Others sometimes ignore the warning label and demand a new doll. I said this before but those options are just bad if there’s no better way to prevent these incidents easily. It’s not a specific manufacturer issue it’s a general concern.
I was never warned by the vendor. There is nothing on the website. There was not a manual provided for this specific type of silicone, just a standard booklet with generic instructions.
TobyToby wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm It is my "OPINION" that these dolls are the vendors property until the delevery driver signs it over to the owner. They should have packaged it better, and are liable. They probably wouldn't agree with me but, I believe they should be responsible up to this point.

I don't think this is a shipping problem. This once again is, "MY OPINION". For the doll vendor, this is not a formula for success, "ONCE AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION".

Good luck mate.

TobyToby
UPS didn't collect a signature, just dropped it at the front door to my apartment in a medium-traffic area. Why the shipper didn't request signature confirmation is beyond me.
MX-V wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm My bet is that it happened in customs.
Piper brand... Well known for controversial dolls.
Especially if the size is around or less than 150 cm.
If the face is young looking, that may be another reason.
I could see this doll laid out on a table. On top of something, with other things on top of the doll.
Soft, and kept out for a few days waiting for someone to make a judgement ruling, could have caused this.

Notify the vendor. Stricter laws are everywhere. Customs is under a lot of pressure.

Worst case. No resolution. It may take a month or 2, but I would imagine the dents will reduce, maybe even completely.
Good luck.
Customs did not open it.
4891d wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

If this is the case, you will need to handle her very delicately, pressing with the palm of the hand rather than the fingers.

I can't have any normal reasonable use without bruising the doll. Some have become permanent. I took note of before and after playing with it tonight, was extremely careful and damage was still apparent. Completely ruined my mood, wasn't able to finish and now I'm writing this crap at 4 in the morning.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 04-25-16 Tracking UPS - United States.png
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 04-25-16 Tracking UPS - United States.png (52.83 KiB) Viewed 226 times

COAXMETTLE

Post by COAXMETTLE »

rsx wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:13 am This doll has become a headache. I hung it up by its hook in the closet for two days and some of the bruises resolved, some didn't, and trying to do anything useful with it resulted in more bruises. Didn't matter how gentle I was with it. This feels like a cycle that's going to repeat until eventually the doll looks like swiss cheese. I massage the bruises out with varying degrees of success but it doesn't matter because more are created. The listing might as well say "Hey bro, you can buy this doll from a reputable company but if you try to use her normally, you're going to damage it. But it's cool, bro, piper doll is a good brand. All paid up? Great, there's a two month backlog." Nobody would buy one if they knew that upfront.

I'm filing a return, it's still under warranty through paypal in the event he tells me to pound sand.

I save for two months to buy it, wait another two months until I received it, and within days it showed signs of issues. This thing is going to fall apart in a few months if it sticks around. No more dolls for me, never again.
Hey would you pm me about your doll please? I am interested in the doll and want to talk to you if you have a moment. Thank you!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

I think some clarifications are necessary for this issue.

Firstly, the customer received a tracking code for his shipment. But in this particular case, international transit from mainland China including delivery took a total of four days. So when we got the tracking code from the factory, the customer had already received the shipment. This is irregular fast, but i'd be a bit ambivalent to complain that shipping was too fast. However, no question about it, receiving a shipment first and getting the tracking code a day later is not the way it should be.

Secondly, there is no indication for a physical customs inspection. With a total transit time of four days, there is simply no time for that. Also, tracking does not show any intervention scans, and the customer has not reported any 'customs inspection' labels on the package. It was a fast and smooth shipment as far as we can reproduce.

Last but not least, there is no manufacturing defect and no shipping damage. The factory photos as confirmed by the customer do not show any "pock marks" or indentations, and the customer did not notice or report any flaws when he received the doll or used the doll. The indentations showed up later, and what the pictures show is an obvious pattern from fingers pushing hard into a soft material. The factory has confirmed this.

The blend used for this doll is not a special order. No ultra-soft stuff or the like. It's the default material. It is designed to be soft, as most customers want their sex dolls. Some blends, including those from Doll Sweet, have Marshmellow-like haptics. That means that after applying pressure, the doll returns to their molded shape with some delay. Some like this behaviour, others hate it. When you apply moderate pressure to such materials, the material returns into its molded shape within a couple of seconds. When you push harder into the material, especially if you reach the foam core, it will take longer. If you push so hard that the foam core gets reshaped, resulting indentations might be permanant (depending on the material used for the foam core; polyurethane tends to be permanently affected if you push hard into it, silicone foam as used by Gynoid is more forgiving).

Sex dolls are supposed to be soft and responsive to pressure. If you enter a TPE silicone vagina or fondle synthetic breasts, the materials are designed to give in. If you do not like this behaviour, please do not buy a sex doll with the current soft material blends. Early tin-cured Realdolls were less resposive to pressure (= more firm), as well as some Japanese brands, early Z-Onedolls, some old Dreamdolls and the like. With these old blends, chances for indentations were a lot smaller. But the current material blends are different. 99% of all sex doll customers expect softness and not a hard rubber sparring partner.

alion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by alion »

Now this is interesting.
Current Wish-list:
IRONTECH DOLL S32 Kitty 165cm
IRONTECH DOLL S40 Eileen 165cm
Sino-doll X2 Aimee 161cm
FANREAL Doll B Silicone Qian 158cm
TAYU Doll Head #6 NaiMei 155cm
Starpery Yao 171cm
ElsaBabe Hirano Rin 165cm
ElsaBabe Sakurai Koyuki 160 / 165cm

rsx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rsx »

He's responding as a pre-emptive strike: If he hadn't, I would have. Reason being it went to paypal disputes, filed as damaged goods and he's refusing to accept a return.

"No ultra-soft stuff or the like. It's the default material."

The SAF series from Piper has already been discussed and other people have reported the same issue.

"That means that after applying pressure, the doll returns to their molded shape with some delay. Some like this behaviour, others hate it. When you apply moderate pressure to such materials, the material returns into its molded shape within a couple of seconds. When you push harder into the material, especially if you reach the foam core, it will take longer. If you push so hard that the foam core gets reshaped, resulting indentations might be permanant (depending on the material used for the foam core; polyurethane tends to be permanently affected if you push hard into it, silicone foam as used by Gynoid is more forgiving)."

It didn't return to its molded shape, we wouldn't be here if it had, Sandro. It's been hanging on a hook (through the threaded hole in its head, as designed) for some time now and shows signs of permanent damage. The first time it happened, some of the pressure marks resolved but some didn't. Tried to use her again and more pressure marks formed, her legs and arms resemble that of scars from a heroin user. The only thing I did was this one was have it on my lap while cleaning her once, left to dry, dusted with corn starch and then used her twice in missionary position. I had to carry her a couple of times, dress and undress her several times. Not much more I can say about how she was used.

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

I have not read all the Comments here after my original one, but some dents and marks I know can actually be made a lot better by gently rubbing and massaging oil in/on/around the marks/area(s).
Just be aware it does take some patience, so do not do it if you in hurry in any way. It takes time.

rsx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rsx »

Zlamvam wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:30 pm I have not read all the Comments here after my original one, but some dents and marks I know can actually be made a lot better by gently rubbing and massaging oil in/on/around the marks/area(s).
Just be aware it does take some patience, so do not do it if you in hurry in any way. It takes time.
Right, that was suggested and already done. Other people have with varying results, one member reported their doll ended up in trash. As for me: Some resolved, some did not. When the ones that resolved did, I used her a second time (missionary only) and more dents were formed. Same and new places. It became a game of whack a mole (no pun intended). This takes "high maintenance" to a whole new level, far exceeding TPE. I predict that within six months, possibly less, the consistency of the doll's exterior will resemble that of spongebob squarepants. These are sex dolls, they are meant to be used for sex. If the website said "Wallflower - For Display Only" I wouldn't have gotten involved.

Edit: Define "oil" because as I understand it, can't use oil on a silicone doll. Was that supposed to be a test?

INFORMATIONS