SexDollAmerica.com

We're Live!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Wonderland comes to Alice!!!

Post by Corben_99 »

WOW! I step out for a bit to smoke some GanJa, and the whole place looks different. COOL!!! I like it.

I gotta admit though, that I did not read anything on the first page. My first reaction to the site was, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I logged in 3 times while looking for my password, that I jotted down on a greasy churchs chicken napkin weeks ago.

And then I did NOT read the little security code numbers and I dit NOT retype them again. So I couldn't log in.

So again I went, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Then I told myself, what the hell am I doing. It's not the system it's the user.

I quickly set down my beer, put my Gan Ja cigarette down in my shrunken head ashtray, and sat here staring at the screen for like 10 minutes.

You could hear the Jeopardy Game Show music playing in my head at this point.

Then a cash register DING! DING! DING!

I snapped and the other side of my brain, went into action.

And now I'm typing this. What the hell am I typing?

blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, and blah!!! 8O

Oh yeah this site is COOL! :lol:

And Ish,
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah. O.k? :wink:

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Ish, I can't seem to change the theme, only gives me the choice of subsilver. On the web page you pointed out this theme is called Aeolus. Actually I like the subsilver that they show. I don't know why but the color scheme here is playing hell on my eyes. :(

Sorry to be whineing, This is a cool system, has more buttons,lights, and widgits than flight control in Houston. :)

BTW I thought a Hippocampus was a college for fat people. :D

quatlox
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

nice site

Post by quatlox »

Ish,

Nice Site. :)

This really rocks. :razz:

You have out done yourself. :D

Very 8) cool! Everythings here!!!

quatlox

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Sith Lord wrote:Ish, I can't seem to change the theme, only gives me the choice of subsilver. On the web page you pointed out this theme is called Aeolus. Actually I like the subsilver that they show. I don't know why but the color scheme here is playing hell on my eyes. :(

Sorry to be whineing, This is a cool system, has more buttons,lights, and widgits than flight control in Houston. :)

BTW I thought a Hippocampus was a college for fat people. :D

Hey man, just click the classic style down at the end of that list, in your profile/thingy/doohicky/doodad/gizmo. :lol: The classic looks like the old style. It's less graphic intensive.

Davecat
iDollator
iDollator

Post by Davecat »

Wow - there's a lot ov stuff to tweak. I'm impressed! It's gonna take me a couple ov days to get used to it, but so far, I'm diggin' it. Thanx again, Tina! 8)

EDIT: Alright, so how do you join/submit to this 'World Doll Community' thang? See, now there's a question.
+ + + + +

'Shouting to hear the echoes'. Life-like texture ;_;
http://www.kuroneko-chan.com/echoes

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Ishtaria,

I've done some more testing on the new forum this morning, and I disagree with Jerry, its great!
But ... Jerry is right in the fact that it doesn't work with Netscape. I'am using Netscape 4.7 for test purposes *seeing if a home page works with it...* H'mm I'am thinking really this is more a short comming of Netscape instead of a short comming from the forum.
As alternative Opera can be used. this browser is like Mozilla multi platform (Windows, Macintosh, Linux) too http://www.opera.com . Works quite nice in Opera 6.01 too. Default I'am use IE 5.0.

Mytime
One dream, one mission...

Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Boater »

Hi Ish.
I think I like the new format. There is a lot to explore. I just learned how to put a link to Leyna's album in the old forum but when I tried to do the same in this new one, I got this far. http://207.36.27.146/php-cgi/gallery2/leyna
What is missing? In the old forum I could label the link. I wanted to label this "Leyna" in sentence of the post in another thread.
Thanks for all the work!
Boater

Nada

Post by Nada »

Beautiful Work,,, Ish !!! TDF is truly ALIVE !!! with options and neat little random picture displays... :)

But, unfortunately, (DHSF) Doll Health and Science Forum is dead??? :(

... I use this link for (DHSF)

http://www.dollforum.com/~health/

and get this page of info,,, below...

http://207.36.27.147/~health/phpBB2/index.php

"phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

... Did the link change and if so, what do I need?

(Thanks a bunch for ALL of your Excellent Efforts)

... Nada...

Phyl_T_Mynd
Ex-Member

I hate it! I hate it! I ABSOLUTLELY -=H A T E=- IT!

Post by Phyl_T_Mynd »

Last edited by Phyl T. Mynd on Thur Jun 12, 2003 4:32 am, edited 1,857 times in total.

Is that crap really necessary? I'd prefer that the whole world didn't realize just how much of my sparkling -- and [until recently] seemingly spontaneous -- wit was the result of tireless editing...

Last edited by Phyl T. Mynd on Thur Jun 12, 2003 4:35 am, edited 1,858 times in total.

It just seems to me that this "feature" isn't very useful.

Last edited by Phyl T. Mynd on Thur Jun 12, 2003 4:38 am, edited 1,859 times in total.

Could we possibly get rid of it??

Last edited by Phyl T. Mynd on Thur Jun 12, 2003 4:39 am, edited 1,860 times in total.

Please?

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I agree that it shouldn't generate messages like that if the original poster edits his own post. As you say, many of us edit our posts an embarrassing number of times. I have seen forums where such messages appear when someone else edits the post, such as a moderator, and I am okay with that. Especially since most of the moderators flag such edits manually anyway.

Another factor is that now we have the preview function, which means that you can do all your checking before actually committing the post.

And yes, the "edited" message now appears on this post, but that's an afterthought, not a correction. :D :D
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Hey! I didn't get an edit message, even though I edited that post. So it sounds as if your complaint isn't valid. Perhaps the messages you are talking about occurred in a forum you moderate, such as this one.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

OMG we're live? You mean that's REALLY Ella Fitzgerald singing scat? It's not Memorex? Brothas and sistas, this is where it's at!

It just gets better and better everyday, Ish!

Ricardo :wink:
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: I hate it! I hate it! I ABSOLUTLELY -=H A T E=- IT!

Post by Inkling »

Phyl T. Mynd wrote:Last edited by Phyl T. Mynd on Thur Jun 12, 2003 4:32 am
Hey, I <i>like</i> almost all Corben posts! :o
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

jackrabbit wrote:Hey! I didn't get an edit message
I have never gotten one, either. I was thinking same thing - that it's a moderator thingy. At least that's the technical term for it (thingy).<p>Since we all do it (edit), it shouldn't be any more embarrassing than sex.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Phyl_T_Mynd
Ex-Member

Post by Phyl_T_Mynd »

Yeah, it seems to be a little hit-or-miss. Once or twice, I've edited a post and slipped it past the Intergnet Gnome without getting that infernal message. But most of the time -- whether I'm in a forum that I moderate or not -- BANG! there it is.

I really don't like it... :evil:

Ish, can you puh-leeeeese disable this "feature"?

INFORMATIONS