betterlovedoll.com

Dolls: The New Influencers

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
AtomicPunk

Dolls: The New Influencers

Post by AtomicPunk »

As you know, some of us have been working hard to share our affection objects on Instagram and grow our community. Recently some of us were contacted by a journalist from Input Magazine, and here's the result. Congrats to Alita, Tasha, Summer, Lorraine, Eukelaide and Sarah... and their RL companions!

https://www.inputmag.com/features/sex-d ... nfluencers
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: InputMag Article featuting TDF Dolls of Instagram

Post by YungSynth »

I'm reading this like "hey, I know all these dolls!!" Lol..

Finally, a positive article, thank god.. congrats to all mentioned!

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

The writer was fair and clearly put in effort to work past public misconceptions in order to capture the truth. Thanks for sharing.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

That is a great article, thank you for sharing. Especially thank you to you, and TJ, and Leatherman/Woman, and Arthur and all the rest who sound like the typical doll owner - a regular normal person who just happens to also like dolls. I take a little exception to TDF being described as highly sexual - I have to hide my more erotic pictures because of the policies. But if that's the only thing I disagree with then I think it was fair and balanced. Thanks for making the rest of us look good, guys and gal - it's a good thing they didn't interview a crazy like me!

BillMartin9029
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by BillMartin9029 »

Great article...Hiyoko and I really enjoyed it!
My Doll: Hiyoko (6YE 150D Face X19)
Hiyoko's Galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

AtomicPunk

Post by AtomicPunk »

Studio wrote:That is a great article, thank you for sharing. Especially thank you to you, and TJ, and Arthur and all the rest who sound like the typical doll owner - a regular normal person who just happens to also like dolls. I take a little exception to TDF being described as highly sexual - I have to hide my more erotic pictures because of the policies. But if that's the only thing I disagree with then I think it was fair and balanced. Thanks for making the rest of us look good, guys and gal - it's a good thing they didn't interview a crazy like me!
I mean no disrespect to TDF, but they are an "adult" site with nudity allowed. I wouldn't be a doll owner if it wasn't for the collective wisdom and inspiration here. Instagram is a more accessible platform for sharing our culture to the masses. TDF does have it's "sexual" subculture. Nothing wrong with it. Instagram is just a branch of doll life, not a new tree. TDF still feels like the foundation.

Granted I was bummed the term "sex-doll" was in the title, but it's a label we have to live with as long as vendors and manufactures market them as such. I think the term "Real Doll" is more appropriate for our life size dolls, but then that's just looping back to that particular brand. It's like "kleenex" vs "facial tissue". Attract them with the term "sex doll" and then give them more than they came for I suppose.

:glou:
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Yeah, good article and you made a solid contribution AP. Unfortunately, a headline with the words "synthetic companions" or "synthetic IG models" probably wouldn't pull in nearly as many clicks as "sex doll". From the perspective of journalists we're probably stuck with it forever and it continues to set the tone- in most articles by the time the average reader gets to the part about "companionship" and "modeling" they've probably already TL;DR'd their way over to something else. I was glad to see that TFM and his Celestina were featured- his channel is how I found out about TPE dolls in the first place.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

cptchris

Post by cptchris »

Thanks for sharing this positive article. Made for interesting reading and some thoughts for an account for my two darlings.
My beautiful dolls
Gemma WM157B with head #57: at The Doll Album
Angel WM155G with head #36: at The Doll Album
Rachel KimberDoll with head WM#57: at The Doll Album

Tasha Marie
Doll
Doll

Dolls The New Influencers

Post by Tasha Marie »

Haiii bbz! Guess what!

Input mag just did a story on us dollies who rock Instagram as influencers. The article focused on a number of pretty rad dollies but namely the lovely dollies you know as Alita, Summer, Arthur1960's gals and yours truly. They gave TDF some props and Cover Doll!!!!!

https://www.inputmag.com/features/sex-d ... nfluencers

To date this is the best article written about us and those who love us. It was a refreshing look at our lifestyle and the impact we dollies have made. Yes my synthetic companion friends, we ARE making a difference. How we are portrayed by others is a reflection of how we portray ourselves. I talked about this in my February Blog...Please give it a read if you have not yet.

https://coverdoll.com/drupal/node/3212

Enjoy!!!

MMMUUUUAAAHHH!

LOVES!
Tasha!
Tasha Marie
She/Her
Virtual Influencer & Advocate
Instagram: @the_real_tasha_marie
Twitter: @realtashamarie
TikTok: @therealtashamarie
Website The Real Tasha Marie
Birthday January 20

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Re: Dolls The New Influencers

Post by Studio »

It was a great article, Tasha. Good job keeping TJ in line so he sounded normal to them. It was probably a challenge!

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

awesome.
Rock on Tasha.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

ppeter
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ppeter »

WAU. Great article, good job Tasha

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Rock13 wrote:Yeah, good article and you made a solid contribution AP. Unfortunately, a headline with the words "synthetic companions" or "synthetic IG models" probably wouldn't pull in nearly as many clicks as "sex doll". From the perspective of journalists we're probably stuck with it forever and it continues to set the tone- in most articles by the time the average reader gets to the part about "companionship" and "modeling" they've probably already TL;DR'd their way over to something else.
Thanks R13, I think everyone made a solid contribution. Especially our own Mr. & Mrs. Leatherman (Mindy and Marty *wink* ) as they help show yet another dimension dolls can bring to a relationship. We can be resigned to think that the average reader will get bored and we just give up trying, or we can work to control the dialogue. Tasha's February blog addressed how we need to drive the dialogue and not let others drive it. Hence this article being one of the first. The following Tasha (and others) built as an influencer isn't unique because of the numbers at all. It's the depth of the followers and the relationships with them is what makes her/them unique. Artists, models, photographers, clothing and accessory company owners, strippers & other sex workers, and just people who find her /them interesting follow and interact with her and the others rather than interacting with us who stay behind the scenes. Tasha recently inspired a friend who is recording artist to record a song called Doll Face Fall which is the title of her EP as well. . That was just so wonderful to learn. She, and the others in this article are gaining attention for their depth, rather than just for being a "hot doll." Another instance that I know you, in particular provided admirable support was when Tasha was accepted into the Miss Jet Set competition and made it through the top 20, 15 and 10 cuts, finishing 6th in her group. Support like yours got her there. We can't thank you enough for that.

Rock13 wrote:I was glad to see that TFM and his Celestina were featured- his channel is how I found out about TPE dolls in the first place.
Yes, the author & editor were compelled to acknowledge Celestina & TFM since they were on IG early on. His presentation is much different than the rest featured in the article, as his focus for starting it was a joke, so to speak and isn't exactly a positive image or message to the world outside the doll community. Not my cup of tea nor that of the author.

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Tasha's entry into the Miss Jetset contest was truly groundbreaking and I was thrilled to see how well she did in competition. I've never had a model who I sponsored win, one came in 1st in her state, but I've donated enough in votes on their behalf to attend several of the annual VIP parties. They're fun people and they definitely know how to put on a soiree.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Tasha Marie
Doll
Doll

Post by Tasha Marie »

AWWW! Thx R13 BBZ!

Here are pics Input posted of us on their Instagram....

ImageImageImageImage

(((((HUGZ)))) to my Dolly-influencer chickas! and ofc a big Jersey SMOOCH! MMMMUUUUUAAAAAHHH!!
Tasha Marie
She/Her
Virtual Influencer & Advocate
Instagram: @the_real_tasha_marie
Twitter: @realtashamarie
TikTok: @therealtashamarie
Website The Real Tasha Marie
Birthday January 20

INFORMATIONS